TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING

TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING

Wednesday, March 4th, 2015 3:22pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News, Book News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 84,725

New Transformers Comics Bundle from Humble Bundle. If anyone was wondering what that revealed Leader Ultra Magnus with Minimus Ambus was all about, here is an easy way to get caught up.

It's pay what you want from Humble Bundle:

Transformers comics are so nice, we bundled them twice.

That, and we've got a sweet spot for Bumblebee (let's bee friends)!

From IDW:
TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO
HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING
Leading Publisher Re-Teams With The Pay-What-You-Want Site To Offer TRANSFORMERS Comics

San Diego, CA (March 4, 2015) - Humble Bundle and award-winning publisher IDW Publishing, in conjunction with Hasbro, are reteaming to offer the perfect opportunity to build a digital TRANSFORMERS comic collection. Not only does the bundle feature multiple collected volumes of the hit TRANSFORMERS series, it also boasts some of the most recent issues to date, making it easy to catch up to speed on the latest stories.

Humble Book Bundles typically last for a full two-week time span, however, the contents of this particular bundle are so premium that it will run as a limited time one-week offer. Also unique to this bundle is the "pay $5 or more over the average price" tier, which is being utilized in place of the standard fixed price tier.

Customers can name their price for the first 37 issues of TRANSFORMERS: More Than Meets the Eye and the one-shot Death of Optimus Prime.

Those who pay more than the average price will also receive volumes 1-6 of TRANSFORMERS: Robots in Disguise as well as TRANSFORMERS: Dark Cybertron Vol. 1.

Customers who pay $5 above the average price or more will receive all of the above plus TRANSFORMERS: Robots in Disguise #33-#37 and TRANSFORMERS: Dark Cybertron Vol. 2.

“This new bundle of Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS comics features the newest directions for Optimus Prime, Megatron, and all your other favorite Autobots and Decepticons,” said Jeff Webber, IDW’s VP of Digital Publishing. “This collection includes brand new issues all the way up to the past month, documenting the very latest stories in IDW’s TRANSFORMERS Universe!”

As with all Humble Bundles, customers can choose how their purchase dollars are allocated, between the publishers and charity. The Humble TRANSFORMERS Bundle 2 Presented by IDW supports the Hasbro Children's Fund, which is dedicated to empowering childhood by bringing the sparkle of Hope, the joy of Play and the power of Service into the lives of the children who need it most.

The Humble TRANSFORMERS Bundle 2 Presented by IDW runs from now until Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 11 a.m. Pacific time.

About Humble Bundle
Humble Bundle organizes pay-what-you-want plus charity promotions for awesome digital content and puts the power directly in the hands of the consumers, offering them fully-featured titles at prices they set themselves. Consumers pay what they want and decide how to allocate their money between content creators, charity and a humble tip. Humble Bundle also offers the Humble Store, a digital storefront that features great games at great prices with a portion of sales going to select charities. Since the company's launch in 2010, Humble Bundle has helped empower its community to allocate more than $54 million toward charity to date. For more information, please visit https://www.humblebundle.com

About Hasbro Children’s Fund
The Hasbro Children’s Fund, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to empower childhood by bringing “the sparkle of Hope, the joy of Play and the power of Service” into the lives of the children across the globe. Working with strategic charitable partners, the grants made through the Hasbro Children’s Fund support programs that deliver; stability for children in crisis; pediatric physical and mental health services; hunger security; educational programs; quality out of school time programming and programs that empower youth through service. To learn more about these programs and how they are making a difference for children worldwide, please visit http://www.hasbro.org.

About Hasbro
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play Experiences, by leveraging its beloved brands, including LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, PLAY-DOH, TRANSFORMERS, and premier partner brands. From toys and games to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive lifestyle licensing program, Hasbro fulfills the fundamental need for play and connection for children and families around the world. The Company’s Hasbro Studios creates entertainment brand-driven storytelling across mediums, including television, film and more. Through the company's commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. Learn more at http://www.hasbro.com and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews).

Contact:
Humble Bundle
Lizzie Cuevas, 510-842-7087
Director of PR
lizzie@humblebundle.com
share on Twitter Send TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING to friends on Facebook Digg Reddit

About IDW Publishing
IDW is an award-winning publisher of comic books, graphic novels and trade paperbacks, based in San Diego, California. Renowned for its diverse catalog of licensed and independent titles, IDW publishes some of the most successful and popular titles in the industry, including: Hasbro’s The TRANSFORMERS, G.I. JOE and MY LITTLE PONY; Paramount/CBS’s Star Trek; Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; 2000AD’s Judge Dredd; The Rocketeer; Toho’s Godzilla; Zombie vs Robots by Chris Ryall and Ashley Woods; Ragnarök from Eisner Award-winner Walter Simonson; and Little Nemo from the award-winning duo of Eric Shanower and Gabriel Rodriguez. IDW is also home to acclaimed imprints such as the Library of American Comics, which publishes classic comic reprints, Yoe! Books, a partnership with Yoe! Studio, IDW Artist’s Editions, and Top Shelf Productions.

IDW’s critically- and fan-acclaimed series are continually moving into new mediums. Currently, Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Disney are creating a feature film based on World War Robot; Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Warner Brothers are producing a film based on Ashley Wood's Lore; Michael Bay‘s Platinum Dunes and Sony are bringing Zombies vs. Robots to film, Alex Kurtzman is producing a movie based on Locke & Key at Universal.

Transformers News: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING

Credit(s): IDW and Humble Bundle

Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658852)
Posted by King Kuuga on March 4th, 2015 @ 3:31pm CST
I think this is exactly what I needed! I got the last Humble Transformers Bundle (All Hail Megatron vol 1-4, MTMTE and RID vol 1-2, and some miscellany) but I never got around to actually reading them :oops: Looks like this will push me closer to catching up.
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658853)
Posted by ScottyP on March 4th, 2015 @ 3:33pm CST
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658859)
Posted by william-james88 on March 4th, 2015 @ 3:47pm CST
ScottyP wrote:If you aren't up to date with the comics, and you don't pick this up, then, well, I don't know. Absolute no brainer, the money goes to a good cause, and you get a massive ton of fun reads.

I know you cant stop recomending MTMTE but is RID good too? I ask because its a huge price jump from 50 cents for the most recent MTMTE stuff to about 15$ for the recent RID stuff.
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658861)
Posted by ScottyP on March 4th, 2015 @ 3:51pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

$15 for all that is a steal. If you went to the comic shop today and hypothetically bought Drift #4 (pretend you're behind a week?), TF 38, and MTMTE 38, just one cover of each, that's $12 plus tax.

That part aside, is it worth $15? Yes, very much. RiD volumes 1-5 are hit or miss for sure, but having the Dark Cybertron arc does include things that shouldn't be missed for MTMTE, and post-Dark Cybertron Rid/TF is really quite good.
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658863)
Posted by william-james88 on March 4th, 2015 @ 3:53pm CST
ScottyP wrote:

Could you tell me what Dark Cybertron is about. Not plot necesarily, but who it entails and how it fits in and what should be read before?
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658878)
Posted by ScottyP on March 4th, 2015 @ 4:16pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Sure!

IDW "Phase 2" Continuity is basically this:
- The Death of Optimus Prime (this is contained within MTMTE Vol. 1)
- MTMTE Vol. 1-5 and RiD Vol. 1-4, which would be "Pre" Dark Cybertron. Not really any need to alternate reading order or anything like that, though I'd recommend RiD Vol. 5 before reading MTMTE Vol. 5 for maximum impact on, uh, one page or so.

Then "Dark Cybertron" as a whole is best explained as this (ripping off TF Wiki here):
1. RiD issue 6 (Found in RiD Vol. 2)
2. RiD issue 10 (Found in RiD Vol. 3)
3. Spotlights comprising "Dark Prelude", which are sadly not in this bundle. These would be the spotlights for, in "correct" order, Orion Pax, Thundercracker, Megatron, Bumblebee, Trailcutter, and Hoist. These are not essential to your enjoyment of the rest, and are all over the place in terms of the overall IDW timeline. Not bad reads at all, but not completely essential.
4. RiD Volume 5
5. Technically, MTMTE Issue 22, but, eh. Kind of?

Then there's Post-Dark Cybertron's "Dawn of the Autobots", which is really just a tagline for these three separate stories that occur roughly at the same time as on another:
1. MTMTE Vol. 6
2. RiD Vol. 6
3. Windblade Mini-Series (not in the bundle)

Then there's where we are now, with stuff just sort of ongoing:
1. MTMTE 34-38; bundle has 34-37. Kind of just goes off and does its own thing at this point.
2. RiD/TF 33-38; bundle has 33-37. Continues from where RiD Vol. 6 leaves off and leads in to Combiner Wars.
3. "Punishment" One-Shot - not in the bundle. Occurs sometime after RiD 34 and leads directly in to Combiner Wars, supposedly.
4. Drift: Empire of Stone - not in the bundle. Four issue side story that occurs sometime after MTMTE Vol. 6. Not essential, so far, though pretty fun.

Hope that helps!
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658886)
Posted by carytheone on March 4th, 2015 @ 4:32pm CST
Word! Glad I held off on picking up those last few volumes from comixology.

Gotta love the humble bundle.

The moon reader app they recommend works great. I read on a tablet and use the humblebundle app to download directly to my device.
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658904)
Posted by craggy on March 4th, 2015 @ 5:04pm CST
already bought. £10 for a bunch of comics I mostly have, but are the best thing since sliced energon loaves? heck to the yessiree
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658905)
Posted by craggy on March 4th, 2015 @ 5:06pm CST
its worth that price for #22 of MTMTE on its own
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658919)
Posted by william-james88 on March 4th, 2015 @ 6:00pm CST
ScottyP wrote:6. Dark Cybertron itself, which consists of an opening one-shot issue, the next 5 issues of both MTMTE and RiD, and then a closing one-shot issue. So direct involvement in both books with characters from both. A crossover event in a very true sense.

Hope that helps!

Yes it does and WOAH! That means that I need both volumes of Dark Cybertron to own every issue of MTMTE to date, right?
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658930)
Posted by ScottyP on March 4th, 2015 @ 6:23pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Hope that helps!

Yep!
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658936)
Posted by UltraPrimal on March 4th, 2015 @ 6:35pm CST
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658940)
Posted by william-james88 on March 4th, 2015 @ 6:39pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:Awesome! I've really been wanting to catch up on IDW comics. Just bought the whole bundle. Now how do I download and read these?

The site has a few FAQs. I just followed the link I got in my e-mail and downloaded the PDFs onto my computer to read them.

Also, I am really hoping they add Last Stand of the Wreckers in a week when they give the bonus stuff.
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658947)
Posted by UltraPrimal on March 4th, 2015 @ 6:51pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Thanks! I just got the email. Couldn't seem to find a "Download All" button. I guess you just have to right click and save each one individually?

Also, how does the bonus stuff usually work? Do you have to donate more or do you automatically get it if you already donated?
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658953)
Posted by william-james88 on March 4th, 2015 @ 6:58pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

You download them all individually (like that you dont have to use up all of your data or memory. And you might not want them all, who knows)

Aso, the bonus stuff will be automatically included if it is within the tier you already bought.

So if you got the beat the average and they add something in that category, you will get it.
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658970)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 4th, 2015 @ 7:29pm CST
Just when I was about to buy all of RID, this happens. Good. Too bad I actually like having the physical copies.
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1658986)
Posted by King Kuuga on March 4th, 2015 @ 8:31pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
UltraPrimal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

And if you want to raise your payment after-the-fact, whether just for goodwill or to get stuff from a higher reward bracket, they allow you to pay the difference for as long as this bundle is running.
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1659044)
Posted by UltraPrimal on March 4th, 2015 @ 11:44pm CST
That Bot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
UltraPrimal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1659065)
Posted by King Kuuga on March 5th, 2015 @ 12:53am CST
UltraPrimal wrote:Awesome! Thanks, guys! I hope they include Windblade as a bonus since I haven't read her mini-series yet and just got her Takara figure.

I agree, Windblade would be great to get out of this. We'll see what happens, Hasbro/IDW may want people to go buy the TPB for that instead.
Re: TRANSFORMERS RETURNS TO HUMBLE BUNDLE WITH IDW PUBLISHING (1659113)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 5th, 2015 @ 3:45am CST
I hate the Humble Bundle guys, this is the third one I bought, and I still haven't read all the stuff I got from the previous two XD I just seem to drop money and forget about reading it.
Well OK, the last TF bundle was mostly just to get digital versions of stuff I already had anyway :lol:
But the last was the Valiant bundle, and I only read part of one trade.
And I complain I keep running out of stuff to read ...

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
"Generational Taxonomy"
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

Buy "Hot Rod Firedrive 100% Complete Deluxe Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Diac 100% Complete Voyager Generations Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Brawn Complete Legends Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Brainstorm 100% Complete Deluxe Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Brawn 100% Complete Titan Masters Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Generations War for Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Class Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Constructicon Scrapper #60 Voyager Class Case Fresh" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collaborative Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ectotron with Slimer MISB" on EBAY