Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop

Sunday, August 12th, 2018 11:17AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 14,223

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Following this article here where the possibility was discussed about more exclusives being given to GameStop (and it's Canadian subsidies EB Games by extension). We now have word that a pre-order has gone live on GameStop's website for Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage Vol 2!

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop

This means that GameStop are getting more transformers exclusives in and is a place to keep your eyes on in the furture.

The pre-order date GameStop have given for this is the first of October.

For more information about Retro Pop Garage vol 2, check out this article here!

Will you be adding this set to your collection? Let us know in the comments and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest Transformers news and reviews.
Credit(s): GameStop
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978120)
Posted by Emerje on August 12th, 2018 @ 11:45am CDT
Vol. 2 is starting to feel like a May Mayhem exclusive. Online only, but not exclusive to any single store. Even though Hasbro pushed it for Entertainment Earth, they only seem to have gotten the best price, not exclusive rights to it.

EE - $59.99
BBTS - $64.99
TFSource - $64.99
Chose Prime - $64.99
Ages 3 and Up - $64.95
Gamestop - $69.99

I'm sure Amazon and HTS will get it as well.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978134)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on August 12th, 2018 @ 1:59pm CDT
Emerje wrote:Vol. 2 is starting to feel like a May Mayhem exclusive. Online only, but not exclusive to any single store. Even though Hasbro pushed it for Entertainment Earth, they only seem to have gotten the best price, not exclusive rights to it.

EE - $59.99
BBTS - $64.99
TFSource - $64.99
Chose Prime - $64.99
Ages 3 and Up - $64.95
Gamestop - $69.99

I'm sure Amazon and HTS will get it as well.

Emerje


I think I read somewhere that it's because EE sells it to other places through the wholesaler side of its business.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978137)
Posted by Emerje on August 12th, 2018 @ 2:13pm CDT
Giant Purple Griffin wrote:
Emerje wrote:Vol. 2 is starting to feel like a May Mayhem exclusive. Online only, but not exclusive to any single store. Even though Hasbro pushed it for Entertainment Earth, they only seem to have gotten the best price, not exclusive rights to it.

EE - $59.99
BBTS - $64.99
TFSource - $64.99
Chose Prime - $64.99
Ages 3 and Up - $64.95
Gamestop - $69.99

I'm sure Amazon and HTS will get it as well.

Emerje


I think I read somewhere that it's because EE sells it to other places through the wholesaler side of its business.

That's what I thought, too, until it showed up Gamestop. The other stores are big and popular for what they but are still independently owned online stores so I could see them getting them from EE wholesale, but Gamestop is a pretty massive corporate entity that EE couldn't possibly service properly. They aren't the type of company that would venture outside of their usual suppliers for one figure that's exclusive to their competition.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978187)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 12th, 2018 @ 7:22pm CDT
This headline and story should be edited to note that the toy is not exclusive to GameStop. After shipping it’s like $80 there and $64 at TFSource with free shipping (shipped with your stack of loot).
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978190)
Posted by MRMAXIMUSPRIME11 on August 12th, 2018 @ 7:48pm CDT
I already knew about this a while back not really news to me and also Amazon already has it including old bee gold ver and the throne of the prime they are all really expensive tho

here are the links to each of them

Vw Bee: https://www.amazon.com/Studio-Transform ... 06A86MX0Z1

Old Camaro Bee:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQVYKGS/?coliid=IEHYKP1WL50MR&colid=2YCNSFJLHI5R0&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Throne of the Primes Optimus primal: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FR3BP5M/?c ... _lig_dp_it

us Amazon btw
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978200)
Posted by BombshellDaBug on August 12th, 2018 @ 9:19pm CDT
MRMAXIMUSPRIME11 wrote:I already knew about this a while back not really news to me and also Amazon already has it including old bee gold ver and the throne of the prime they are all really expensive tho

here are the links to each of them

Vw Bee: https://www.amazon.com/Studio-Transform ... 06A86MX0Z1

Old Camaro Bee:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQVYKGS/?coliid=IEHYKP1WL50MR&colid=2YCNSFJLHI5R0&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Throne of the Primes Optimus primal: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FR3BP5M/?c ... _lig_dp_it

us Amazon btw


The price on Amazon for that Primal set is a whole lot of yikes. $194 is way too much for that set.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978203)
Posted by william-james88 on August 12th, 2018 @ 10:02pm CDT
BombshellDaBug wrote:
MRMAXIMUSPRIME11 wrote:I already knew about this a while back not really news to me and also Amazon already has it including old bee gold ver and the throne of the prime they are all really expensive tho

here are the links to each of them

Vw Bee: https://www.amazon.com/Studio-Transform ... 06A86MX0Z1

Old Camaro Bee:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQVYKGS/?coliid=IEHYKP1WL50MR&colid=2YCNSFJLHI5R0&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Throne of the Primes Optimus primal: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FR3BP5M/?c ... _lig_dp_it

us Amazon btw


The price on Amazon for that Primal set is a whole lot of yikes. $194 is way too much for that set.

These are resellers, not amazon, its the same as if you found such a listing on ebay
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978220)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 13th, 2018 @ 2:25am CDT
It's not surprising that resellers would gouge that much out of them, I just hope people who want it will either keep checking hts or order in the takara version. As for the studio series exclusives, mainly volume 2, well someone above was kind enough to list all the retailers and prices so hopefully no one needs to resort to scalpers there either.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978231)
Posted by Emerje on August 13th, 2018 @ 9:23am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
BombshellDaBug wrote:
MRMAXIMUSPRIME11 wrote:I already knew about this a while back not really news to me and also Amazon already has it including old bee gold ver and the throne of the prime they are all really expensive tho

here are the links to each of them

Vw Bee: https://www.amazon.com/Studio-Transform ... 06A86MX0Z1

Old Camaro Bee:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQVYKGS/?coliid=IEHYKP1WL50MR&colid=2YCNSFJLHI5R0&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Throne of the Primes Optimus primal: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FR3BP5M/?c ... _lig_dp_it

us Amazon btw


The price on Amazon for that Primal set is a whole lot of yikes. $194 is way too much for that set.

These are resellers, not amazon, its the same as if you found such a listing on ebay

Yep, I was only going with official listings, but I believe Amazon will eventually have a proper listing and if they do that will definitely put a final nail in the theory that these are all coming from EE. Amazon won't get the Throne.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978411)
Posted by dragons on August 13th, 2018 @ 5:25pm CDT
Emerje wrote:Vol. 2 is starting to feel like a May Mayhem exclusive. Online only, but not exclusive to any single store. Even though Hasbro pushed it for Entertainment Earth, they only seem to have gotten the best price, not exclusive rights to it.

EE - $59.99
BBTS - $64.99
TFSource - $64.99
Chose Prime - $64.99
Ages 3 and Up - $64.95
Gamestop - $69.99

I'm sure Amazon and HTS will get it as well.

Emerje


comments like this make laugh people see prices but they always forget to add shipping and handling on to it some places charge tax
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978417)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 13th, 2018 @ 5:35pm CDT
Emerje wrote:Vol. 2 is starting to feel like a May Mayhem exclusive. Online only, but not exclusive to any single store. Even though Hasbro pushed it for Entertainment Earth, they only seem to have gotten the best price, not exclusive rights to it.

EE - $59.99
BBTS - $64.99
TFSource - $64.99
Chose Prime - $64.99
Ages 3 and Up - $64.95
Gamestop - $69.99

I'm sure Amazon and HTS will get it as well.

Emerje


Exclusive rights for domestic US release, rather, but the agreement says nothing about forbidding other stores from importing stock from overseas. The same thing happened with CW Liokaiser.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978495)
Posted by Emerje on August 14th, 2018 @ 8:08am CDT
dragons wrote:
Emerje wrote:Vol. 2 is starting to feel like a May Mayhem exclusive. Online only, but not exclusive to any single store. Even though Hasbro pushed it for Entertainment Earth, they only seem to have gotten the best price, not exclusive rights to it.

EE - $59.99
BBTS - $64.99
TFSource - $64.99
Chose Prime - $64.99
Ages 3 and Up - $64.95
Gamestop - $69.99

I'm sure Amazon and HTS will get it as well.

Emerje


comments like this make laugh people see prices but they always forget to add shipping and handling on to it some places charge tax

Who said I forgot? Shipping and tax has absolutely nothing in the slightest to do with what I said. >:oP

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Exclusive rights for domestic US release, rather, but the agreement says nothing about forbidding other stores from importing stock from overseas. The same thing happened with CW Liokaiser.

Again, Gamestop, big corporate entity that only carries products from official sources, they aren't importing from Asia and definitely not carrying exclusive products from an online retailer that they directly compete with. If it weren't for Gamestop I would agree with you 100%, and had, but Gamestop throws a massive wrench in that theory.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978532)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 14th, 2018 @ 1:59pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Exclusive rights for domestic US release, rather, but the agreement says nothing about forbidding other stores from importing stock from overseas. The same thing happened with CW Liokaiser.

Again, Gamestop, big corporate entity that only carries products from official sources, they aren't importing from Asia and definitely not carrying exclusive products from an online retailer that they directly compete with. If it weren't for Gamestop I would agree with you 100%, and had, but Gamestop throws a massive wrench in that theory.

Emerje


Another somewhat recent thing is "shared" exclusives. Could be shared between EE and GameStop for whatever reason. :lol:
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978533)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 14th, 2018 @ 2:05pm CDT
I have to say as a side note, my purchasing experience through GameStop was janky and frustrating at best. They need to work in some site revisions for decent user experience.

In store experiences much better.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978585)
Posted by william-james88 on August 14th, 2018 @ 8:57pm CDT
From Uncle Tree Studios on Facebook we have out best look yet at the upcoming Transformers 2018 Bumblebee Movie Studio Series SS18 Deluxe Bumblebee figure which turns into a Volkswagen beetle.
This is the deluxe class Bumblebee figure we are getting for the movie and all non gimmick toys for any other movie character will also be part of Studio Series. The photos give us a good look at the accessories and deco we will be getting at mass retail and show us how small he is compared to the previous Bumblebee figure which was already quite small.

Unlike the other Studio Figures we got so far, this Bumblebee is not based on the final CG models, as is made apparent with his wings no longer being as prominent in recent screen shots. This figure should be hitting mass retail in the coming month or two as it is part of the next wave of Studio Series figures along with KSI Bot and Shadow Raider.

So, does the size bother you? Let us know your thoughts on it and if you will be getting this one or one of the many other releases of this mold.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978590)
Posted by DaXtraLargeRobot on August 14th, 2018 @ 9:16pm CDT
They managed to make the original studio series Bumblebee look big, I'm impressed. It looks like a much better figure than the original studio series Bee though, I'm looking forward to it.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978591)
Posted by Quantum Surge on August 14th, 2018 @ 9:17pm CDT
No altmode images?

Anyways, I know he's obviously a Bumblebee, but the different size and the tone of his design makes me want to repurpose this Bee as a different character. So while Camaro Bee is the same Autobot from the 5 movies, this Bee can be a Centurion that looks like Bumblebee when he loses his memory and thinks he is the Autobot we all know and love. Of course, the real canon will contradict my headcanon (not to mention no TF fiction is safe from confusing continuity problems), but I like to use my imagination.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978592)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on August 14th, 2018 @ 9:25pm CDT
I don't mind the small size, so long as the figure is still reasonably close to a deluxe, but what I do mind is the wings. I may still get this figure though.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978593)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on August 14th, 2018 @ 9:40pm CDT
So.. I have mixed feelings on this little guy. One the one hand, I love the new design and love the figure as well as the original Studio Series Bee, but the smaller size worries me... He looks like a tall Legends class figure at this point... Still gonna get him, but might wait for the two pack's price to be released before I make a decision. If I can get that one for a good price I'd be almost done with SS figures. Until they do Devastator that combines that is :KREMZEEK: Seriously, I'd love for them to try to make that combiner with individual modes, please Takara :PRAY:
Re: Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop (1978598)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 14th, 2018 @ 11:23pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Unlike the other Studio Figures we got so far, this Bumblebee is not based on the final CG models, as is made apparent with his wings no longer being as prominent in recent screen shots.


Somewhere, some Hasbro/Takara toy designer is banging thier head against a wall, wondering why the movie crew changed the CGI model at the 11th hour on them like that. They know in thier heart they'll have to do a "correct" version in the not too distant future.

william-james88 wrote:Image


Bumblebee, just waiting for the bus. :lol:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
Twincast / Podcast #213:
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Wheelie Asia Exclusive Autobot Deluxe NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Reveal the Shield Perceptor" on EBAY
Buy "transformers rpms skids" on EBAY
Buy "transformers rpms mudflap" on EBAY
Buy "transformers rpms megatron" on EBAY
Buy "transformers rpm ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Perceptor & Convex  loose complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Impactor Fall Of Cybertron MOSC Deluxe Class Ruination" on EBAY