Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release

Monday, September 25th, 2017 11:10AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Press Releases
Posted by: D-Maximus_Prime   Views: 12,096

FROM DIRECTOR MICHAEL BAY AND EXECUTIVE PRODUCER STEVEN SPIELBERG

COMES THE BIGGEST, MOST EXCITING TRANSFORMERS MOVIE YET

Eye-Popping Spectacle Debuts September 26, 2017
on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and Blu-ray 3D™ Combo Packs

5-Movie Blu-ray Collection Will Also be Available September 26

The latest installment in the global TRANSFORMERS franchise stars Mark Wahlberg (The Fighter) and features a sensational supporting cast including Josh Duhamel (Transformers), Stanley Tucci (The Hunger Games), Anthony Hopkins ("Westworld"), Isabela Moner ("100 Things to Do Before High School"), Laura Haddock (Guardians of the Galaxy), Santiago Cabrera ("Salvation"), and Jerrod Carmichael ("The Carmichael Show").

The film is available now on Digital HD.

Credit(s): Paramount Home Entertainment

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912743)
Posted by Microraptor on September 25th, 2017 @ 11:48am CDT
Berserker has an autobot emblem. Weird.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912753)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on September 25th, 2017 @ 11:58am CDT
Microraptor wrote:Berserker has an autobot emblem. Weird.

I think that is supposed to be a crossed out Autobot symbol, like on Hound where he has crossed out con symbols to represent his kills. This time it's just on his chest in blood red crossing out symbols
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912826)
Posted by Ironhidensh on September 25th, 2017 @ 4:13pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
COMES THE BIGGEST, MOST EXCITING TRANSFORMERS MOVIE YET
]

Objection.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912840)
Posted by EunuchRon on September 25th, 2017 @ 6:03pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Insurgent wrote:
Barricade being alive is not an issue. We saw his eyes and feet explode in DOTM, but never saw him die. And his eyes getting shot out makes sense for why now he has 4 eyes. Backup eyes!

Barricade's always had four eyes, but it could explain why he has two blue eyes in TLK besides being a police light bar homage. Looking at that scene Barricade only gets shot twice so maybe he was only half blind and still had two optics left.

When I saw early shots of Barricade with the "Protect and Serve" knuckles and logos instead of "Punish and Enslave" I got kinda confused and thought he might be Prowl or Bluestreak until I saw the closeup with the Decepticon badge.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/ac26/f/20 ... b39esk.png
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912841)
Posted by dragons on September 25th, 2017 @ 6:25pm CDT
One more day get my version
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912874)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 25th, 2017 @ 9:50pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
COMES THE BIGGEST, MOST EXCITING TRANSFORMERS MOVIE YET
]

Objection.
It's just the language of a press release. That always exaggerates to promote stuff.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912893)
Posted by noctorro on September 26th, 2017 @ 12:33am CDT
For the dreads, they look cool however:
1. They look like District 9 metal aliens, totally not like Transformers
2. They were terribly represented in The Last Knight

As for the 5K, ultra blu 3d ray edition of The Last Knight, who actually wants that?
I'm getting the stripped down skinny simplistic basic blu ray version.
This movie doesn't deserve any more money from me than the bare minimum.
What a horrible movie, I find it worse than Revenge of the Fallen, designs aren't Transformers.
No cool scenes whatsoever. Boring as sh*t England. No Decepticons, No Megatron, over the top
"look what we can do, we can also do Gravity guys!" Not a gawd damned original thought in the
entire movie. Hot Rod was sh*t. Drift, Crosshairs & Hound didn't do a damn thing.
...... movie still makes me mad :(
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912896)
Posted by Qwan on September 26th, 2017 @ 1:39am CDT
noctorro wrote:[things I agree with]
Drift, Crosshairs & Hound didn't do a damn thing.
...... movie still makes me mad :(

I just want to come back to this because it's probably one of the (many) things that makes me the most mad out of the entire movie. RANT INCOMING, in case you couldn't tell, and I apologize in advance. So when Hound stands up to the Decepticons in the junkyard, he more-or-less explodes. An explosion goes off on or in him, and engulfs him entirely.

...And then we cut away. To a totally different scene. And Hound just straight-up doesn't appear in the movie for like 45 minutes. I honestly thought they'd killed him off without so much as a backward glance, and that made me especially mad because Hound was literally the one character I'd found entertaining from the last movie.

And then when he comes back? There's no fanfare, no "Hound oh my god you're alive we're so happy to have you back you fat ballerina". He's just... there. In a random shot, in the middle of a random scene. They're looking up at Cybertron in Earth's atmosphere and excuse me if I paraphrase a bit, but it goes something like: Drift says "hey look at that thing", Hound goes "I think that's Cybertron", Crosshairs is like "yep it is", and then my friend and I watching the thing take nearly five seconds to process that hey I guess Hound is back now that's cool.

And that's when my anger goes from frustration at the (narratively-somewhat-understandable) death of the only character I liked, to pure rage at the sheer incompetence of the people making this movie. You do not show a character exploding and then have them not appear for upwards of half an hour before randomly having them show back up without so much as an acknowledgement of their absence. This is not high-level stuff. This is basic storytelling. Ugh I thought I was over this movie but I clearly am not.

...And hopefully that's out of my system. Again. Gawd this movie made me so mad (and apparently still does); at least the toys are good :D .
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912915)
Posted by Insurgent on September 26th, 2017 @ 4:59am CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912917)
Posted by Qwan on September 26th, 2017 @ 6:36am CDT
Insurgent wrote:If the movie i so bad and makes you that mad, why even buy it at all? All you're doing is telling the sales people that you approve of the movie enough to buy it an own it after seeing it. Which means you like it. Which means make more like this.

This is very true, and truth be told I'm probably not gonna buy a copy myself, even though I own all the others and my "catch 'em all" impulse is kicking in something fierce :P . I am a little tempted to get a copy so I can watch it again with the same friend and see if we both hate it as much with a bottle of alcohol by our sides (it's fine I'm in Australia it's legal 'cause we're tougher down here), but I suppose I can always [strike]pirate it[/strike] borrow someone else's legally owned copy for that.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912920)
Posted by Insurgent on September 26th, 2017 @ 7:07am CDT
I enjoy the other movies and own them. Always have a good time watching. I won't be buying this. Just like i don't own x men origins or the phantom menace. When it pops up on netflix, I'll watch the first half hour again. The part i actually liked.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912926)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 26th, 2017 @ 7:38am CDT
Because the Toys'R'Us version comes with an all new exclusive comic book! :P
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912962)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on September 26th, 2017 @ 11:42am CDT
Thanks to alerts from Seibertronian Soundwave-Superior and Scottimus Prime Toy Hunter, we have several news to share with you regarding Transformers: The Last Knight.

The first bit of news to mention is that Transformers: The Last Knight is available on DVD and BluRay today at retail, as shown by images taken by Scottimus Prime below.

The second piece of news, and one that is very interesting, is that the Target exclusive DVD release of The Last Knight includes the Machinima Combiner Wars Series! This is quite the unexpected surprise, though fans of the Machinima Combiner Wars series will enjoy the news that the series is making it to DVD in some fashion. You can find the whole article HERE.

Check out the images below, along with the official Transformers Advertisement email for the release!

[quote]Some very cool news for Transformers fans today! Not only is Michael Bay‘s Transformers: The Last Knight now available on Blu-ray and DVD, one special bonus feature is going to include an excellent animated series. The catch is that it’s only going to appear in one particular place.

Through a deal with Hasbro, Paramount, and Target, Machinima’s Transformers: Combiner Wars animated series, which garnered more than 125 million views worldwide when it was released on go90 last year, will be available as an extra feature on the bonus disc for Transformers: The Last Knight DVDs sold at Target, available now.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912963)
Posted by Kurona on September 26th, 2017 @ 11:50am CDT
This entire DVD is just Pandora's Box.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912971)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 26th, 2017 @ 12:02pm CDT
[quote]one special bonus feature is going to include an excellent animated series.[/quote]
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912973)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on September 26th, 2017 @ 12:10pm CDT
Why they are including the combiner wars series here, I've not the foggiest.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912975)
Posted by Insurgent on September 26th, 2017 @ 12:13pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:fans of the Machinima Combiner Wars series

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912989)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 26th, 2017 @ 12:33pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Why they are including the combiner wars series here, I've not the foggiest.
[quote]The bonus feature is part of the lead-up to the launch of the second part of the Combiner Wars saga, Transformers: Titans Return, which debuts on November 14th and welcomes Peter Cullen, Wil Wheaton, Judd Nelson, and others to the voice talent.[/quote]

Insurgent wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:fans of the Machinima Combiner Wars series

Oh, there are indeed fans of the show. They're the nuts who inhabit Facebook and YouTube comment sections.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1912992)
Posted by Insurgent on September 26th, 2017 @ 12:37pm CDT
I reiterate.

Nah it's cool bro. They like what they like. I can't judge. I like the four bay tf films.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Available on Blu-ray and DVD on September 26th Press Release (1913000)
Posted by Rated X on September 26th, 2017 @ 1:32pm CDT
Awesome news. Thanks for pointing this out. I was gonna stop by Walmart, but it looks like Ill hit target instead. Ive never seen CW before so that will be a treat. Also glad its on DVD because blue ray is the biggest rip off. They lighten the colors a bit and charge you double for same thing.
Transformers products from AMAZON