TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio

TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio

Tuesday, June 14th, 2011 4:40am CDT

Categories: Game News, Press Releases, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 151,676

Earlier this month Jagex Games Studio announced the name of the much anticipated MMO: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE. Following that announcement, they released their first asset pack for the game including a teaser trailer, concept art and an animated screensaver.

You can checkout www.transformersuniverse.com to register to receive email updates about the game and the chance to participate in the Beta.

For those who missed the news, here what was announced about the game at BotCon:

- Hasbro and Jagex have joined forces to develop and publish a TRANSFORMERS MMO.

- The title of the MMO will be TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE.

- TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE will be an action orientated MMO.

- In TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE players will be able to create and play as their own AUTOBOT or DECEPTICON, designing and customising the character to fit their game play style, combat preferences and appearance.

- After looking at the mechanics, the iconic TRANSFORMERS IP, and the TRANSFORMERS heritage Jagex distilled this into core themes which are present throughout the TRANSFORMERS universe: conflict, teamwork, and social regard (the AUTOBOTS caring for the humans)

- TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE sits within the "Prime" timeline, along with the book Exodus, the War for Cybertron games and the Prime cartoon.

- The game will be released in 2012.

Here is the concept art which was released in this asset pack for your viewing enjoyment ...

Autobot Base

Megatron Waterfall

Decepticon Mine

Prowl

Barricade

Decepticon Fighter

Credit(s): Jagex Games Studio

This article was last modified on Tuesday, June 14th, 2011 4:46am CDT

Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239151)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 14th, 2011 @ 4:59am CDT
Freakin' Awesome!
Super stoked. Those character concepts look sweet!
:CON:
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239170)
Posted by _Anshin_ on June 14th, 2011 @ 6:57am CDT
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239178)
Posted by WarzoneBeta on June 14th, 2011 @ 7:31am CDT

Otherwise looks like an amazing game!
Hopefully its Mac compatible.
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239179)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on June 14th, 2011 @ 7:31am CDT
_Anshin_ wrote:Not trying to nit pick as the concept is cool and I love the art better than most bayformer artwork, but just out of curiosity, What kind of vehicles are these suppose to be? Prowl has only two visible wheels and two doors, Barricade seems to have all four wheels on his arms so the wheel base would be ridiculously short or his arms will be extremely long and fighter has 7 wheels and uses the wheels for shoulder joints. I am just trying to picture the transformation process in my head for that one. Again this isn't a bash, just a hard time visualizing the transformation.

Hm? Prowl has wheels on his shoulders and the big robot only has five: four for the car and one spare that would presumably be mounted on the rear.
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239181)
Posted by superchook6909 on June 14th, 2011 @ 7:36am CDT
:shock: :shock: :shock:

OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!

MY FRIEND AND I WAS TALKING ABOUT, WHAT IF TRANSFORMERS WAS DONE AS A MMO...

NOW IT HAS...

*go change my shirt, as I drooled on it*

2012... THE YEAR THE WORLD GOES BOOM, AND THAT'S FROM MEGATRON SHOTS AT OPTIMUS...
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239183)
Posted by _Anshin_ on June 14th, 2011 @ 7:40am CDT
Starscream GaGa wrote:

On the artwork I am looking at it looks like a fender not a wheel or a rim on his shoulders. As for the fighter, I would agree on the one for the spare, however if you look at the heal of the fighter it looks like there are two more wheels down there (one for each leg). Again that could just be a fender point, which would make transformation a bit more confusing.
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239184)
Posted by superchook6909 on June 14th, 2011 @ 7:42am CDT
Starscream GaGa wrote:

Remember that wheels can fold into the body, out of the way.
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239186)
Posted by _Anshin_ on June 14th, 2011 @ 7:51am CDT
superchook6909 wrote:
Remember that wheels can fold into the body, out of the way.

True, kind of forgot about that.
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239198)
Posted by griftimus prime on June 14th, 2011 @ 8:12am CDT
dont care about this game. but these would make some nice toys.
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239208)
Posted by BeastProwl on June 14th, 2011 @ 8:44am CDT
Prowl looks like bumblebee.
Barricade looks like megatron.
Decepticon fighter looks like bulkhead.
Am I the only one who sees this?
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239289)
Posted by Downbeat on June 14th, 2011 @ 10:57am CDT
I think you mean Decepticon Fighter looks like Breakdown. ;)
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239293)
Posted by Luscanun on June 14th, 2011 @ 11:07am CDT
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239319)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 14th, 2011 @ 11:36am CDT
BeastProwl wrote:Prowl looks like bumblebee.
Barricade looks like megatron.
Decepticon fighter looks like bulkhead.
Am I the only one who sees this?

Prowl looks like Prowl. It wasn't until Bayverse that Bumblebee started looking like Prowl too.
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239323)
Posted by D-340 on June 14th, 2011 @ 11:43am CDT
Luscanun wrote:Since this takes place in the TF:Prime universe and there's overtures that humans may be involved, I'm hoping we get to attack Miko if you play as a 'Con. That would make me very happy.

Same here. If I could smush both Miko and Rafael, I'd be a happy man. The annoy the ever lovin crap outta me.

Gotta say, I'm fairly excited for this. But, with a game called Universe, I'd figure it would encompass the entire TF universe, not just Prime. Kinda a bummer, but still really interested. Hope it hits consoles.
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239412)
Posted by sabrigami on June 14th, 2011 @ 1:08pm CDT
Omg I love that Prowl :x It combines all the awesomeness of animated Prowl with the officialness of regular Prowl. I want toys of all of them =P~ I'm also really liking what I'm seeing about this game so far. It has a lot of potential.
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239415)
Posted by Shadowman on June 14th, 2011 @ 1:15pm CDT

They flip around a bunch of times and they're a car. Simple as that. That's how it's always been done.

WarzoneBeta wrote:My one complaint is that they seem to be limiting us to cars and jets, I want military vehicles, helicopters, and boats (submarines) as well.

They're not limiting us to cars and jets. They're limiting us to cars.
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239429)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 14th, 2011 @ 1:30pm CDT
I still dont care what any one says WFC is not part of PRIME, and since this game is now confirmed to be set during prime my interest just dropped alot. Should've had activision do it.
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239496)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 14th, 2011 @ 3:18pm CDT
This is coming from someone who isn't even that into MMOs
If you are really into Transformers as much as an insane too-old-for-cartoons person as I am, its here where you show youre support. If the game turns out to be okay... with fan support, it could endure to be great with game updates, and even a sequel that trumps the first. Screw the movies, this is where the business needs the fans to pull together and give it the benefit of the doubt.
As for the characters having the same sort of body shapes/contours, as much as I didn't like the fact that I sorta noticed that myself, it could be due to customization working globally as the user changes part types on his bot. I'll forgive them about all the noticeable downfalls already if the game is FUN. Which is what matters most. People nowadays get so preoccupied with all the extra crap that really don't add much to gameplay.
:CON:
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239516)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on June 14th, 2011 @ 3:51pm CDT
am i the only one who feels a lockdown vibe coming from barricade's head?
Re: TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO BotCon Assets from Jagex Games Studio (1239531)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 14th, 2011 @ 4:10pm CDT
Looks great. My only problem is Prowl's face. I've never really liked the sunglasses look. G1 Prowl has always been my favourite TF and I love his original appearance. The visor was the only thing I didn't like about Animated Prowl.

Otherwise, this looks great.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Primes Beachcomber Hot Rod Cyberverse Megatron Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures - Deluxe Class Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "NIB Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Repugnus Revenge Target Exclusive Figure" on EBAY