Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable

Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable

Saturday, February 6th, 2010 4:00am CST

Categories: Game News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 42,677

Thanks to seibertron.com member Symbiote Spiderman14 we now know that the anticipated game Transformers:War for Cybertron is going to include everybody's favourite emotionless Decepticon, old "one eye" Shockwave himself.

Shockwave will be only playable in online multiplayer mode and will be a GameStop pre-order exclusive.
Just click here to visit GameStop's pre-order page.

Reserve Transformers: War for Cybertron and gain access to the GameStop Exclusive multiplayer character SHOCKWAVE. Serving as the Decepticon’s military operations commander, SHOCKWAVE is 2nd in power only to MEGATRON, and is playable only in Escalation mode in Multiplayer mode. Available online and in-store while supplies last.

As of yet it is unknown how or if non US players will be able to get Shockwave but stay tuned to seibertron.com as we keep you updated!

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Symbiote Spiderman14, GameStop

This article was last modified on Saturday, February 6th, 2010 4:58pm CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044485)
Posted by Blurrz on February 6th, 2010 @ 4:14am CST
Nice news DM, you're coming out clutch!

But yeah... this news reminds me that we're getting a video game too, haha. I was too pepped up from the toys..
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044494)
Posted by Softimus Prime on February 6th, 2010 @ 4:44am CST
this kind of stinks, i dont own a 360 or ps3 yet so i will miss out on shockwave. i have no intention of preordering the game when i dont even know what console i may eventually want it for.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044521)
Posted by WarzoneBeta on February 6th, 2010 @ 7:23am CST
Is it just for the 360 or is it for all the systems?
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044530)
Posted by Dj kevintron on February 6th, 2010 @ 8:21am CST
I wouldnt get too ecited about the exclusive unlock code. Most of the time its just a password or button combot that you can find online or its something you will unlock in the game eventually anyway. I seriously doubt that activision produced a character model that will only be available to customers of one retailer. I was really hoping they would do something cool like a minicon or a keychain or something but they have been getting cheaper with insentives.
For the record Gamestops bad mmmmkay!
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044539)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 6th, 2010 @ 9:12am CST
So will it just be some kind of code you put in to unlock them, like the first movie game?
Oh yeah, about the News story, it's "everybody's," not "every-bodies." Knowing is half the battle!
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044548)
Posted by Unicron Singularity on February 6th, 2010 @ 9:43am CST
GameSuck? Aw, man. Means most likely that we here in Norway are going to get shafted. Here's to hoping the local game store (GAME) gets Shockwave. Though I'd be furious if it was for example Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime or Ultra Magnus that was the exclusive. Though seriously, we need ol' Shocky as a standard character, not a exclusive. /facepalm.jpg :CON:
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044551)
Posted by Shadowman on February 6th, 2010 @ 9:48am CST
Just because Gamestop says it's exclusive to them, doesn't mean it is. They say the same thing about pretty much every pre-order bonus for every game, even if it isn't true, and it almost always isn't.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044569)
Posted by Prankmeister on February 6th, 2010 @ 11:07am CST
WarzoneBeta wrote:Is it just for the 360 or is it for all the systems?

I'm curious about this too, as I'd probably be getting the Wii version of this seeing as I have no 360 and have no intention of buying one in the near future.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044575)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 6th, 2010 @ 11:36am CST
Blurrz wrote:Nice news DM, you're coming out clutch!

Thanks. :D

This is XBox and PS3 only.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044587)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 6th, 2010 @ 12:42pm CST
Exclusive video game content is an even worse idea than exclusive figures. At least with figures there's an aftermarket.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044607)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on February 6th, 2010 @ 1:25pm CST
Well, this sucks. Not that I don't love Shockwave, I just hate the fact that he's only playable in Multiplayer mode. I never use Multiplayer on any game, & I don't expect any different for this game...
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044628)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on February 6th, 2010 @ 2:47pm CST
Hmm, I am excited about this. I don't know if I'll go out and pre-order it just to unlock Shockwave but I am very interested in learning how they will run the multiplayer. If the campaign is short, the multiplayer will have to sell the game for me.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044636)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 6th, 2010 @ 3:05pm CST
Online only? goddamnit i hate online only skins. Now the real question is, will it be a real exclusive via DLC code or just some universal code you enter at the menu like ROTF had, that was crap.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044642)
Posted by SJ21 on February 6th, 2010 @ 3:17pm CST
Well, that is frustrating. Not so much that its a store exclusive, but that its online only. I want to play the game as shockwave.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044696)
Posted by mechabooks on February 6th, 2010 @ 5:33pm CST
Meh. I've never been a hug fan of Shockwave. I always thought he was a wussy bot. I hate playing online so he won't be missed by me!
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1044703)
Posted by Random on February 6th, 2010 @ 5:59pm CST
Well, this sucks. I was hoping for a figure as an incentive for preorder. I wonder if they would do a Collectors Edition like that. I honestly have not much use for an online-only character.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Shockwave Playable (1045116)
Posted by YRQRM0 on February 7th, 2010 @ 5:22pm CST
I'm getting really tired of this online-only junk...makes me want a PS3 and 360 even less, it's just making me angry. If it turns out to really be Gamestop-exclusive, which I doubt it will be, that pretty much shuts out any possibility of him for me anyways.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe WFC-GS13 Hubcap Figure NIB/Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots FIREPLUG Dog Mini-Cons Dalmatian Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool  Heros 2015 Transformers Rescue Bots Chase The Dino Protector" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fallen Leader Optimus Prime Super 7 ReAction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Chrome Commander Megatron Super 7 ReAction" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 ReAction Transformers Megatron Target Exclusive Variants 3.5" Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG59 Blitzwing Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe WFC-GS19 Rotorstorm New Sealed Autobot" on EBAY