Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update

Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update

Friday, September 4th, 2009 7:06am CDT

Categories: Site News, Transtopia
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 35,308

Thank you for your interest in the Transtopia art challenge.
We have a little update for you, we now have all judges we need and thus will no longer require judges for this round. If you still want to be a judge then please apply next month.

the 3 judges for September are in alphabetical order:

ACIDSTORM

Editor

SoUnDwAvEr1998

Please be a good sport and do not try to bribe or harass them into voting for you, if you do you will be disqualified.

Thank you for your attention.

Credit(s): Transtopia

Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (989689)
Posted by ninjha on September 4th, 2009 @ 9:28am CDT
Can you take the same panel and re-create into another continuity?
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (990051)
Posted by 8 bit on September 4th, 2009 @ 9:04pm CDT
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (990230)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 5th, 2009 @ 7:45am CDT
ninjha wrote:Can you take the same panel and re-create into another continuity?

No, the idea is to see what the panel would look like if you had drawn the comic.
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (990239)
Posted by Samsonator on September 5th, 2009 @ 8:08am CDT

- Sam
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (990257)
Posted by SoUnDwAvEr1998 on September 5th, 2009 @ 9:26am CDT
Samsonator wrote:curiosity begs the question: What about different designs for the characters in the panel, for example, I'm doing the panel from Marvel G1 where Buster mentally disassembles Skyfire, but as I drew I noticed my take on Skyfire looks a lot more like Classics Jetfire, same character, really... but the design's a lot different... is this ok, or do I need to keep the character designs the same?

- Sam

Yes I think this will qualify. The whole point of this contest is to draw it in your own has if YOU drew the comic, so it should qualify if it is your own work. Besides, I'm only guessing on this but classics jetfire is basically g1 skyfire. Can't wait to see what you come up with! :grin:

8 bit wrote:I have several drawings of EJ Su's work from the "ation" series that I've done. They aren't at different angles or anything, but they are my own work. I'll submit them and see if they qualify.

They should qualify if they are your own work and re-create a 3 panel scene from a transformers comic that has already been mass-released. :grin:
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (990356)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 5th, 2009 @ 12:39pm CDT

- Sam

As long as it's not Jet/Skyfieire of a different continuity like Armada or such it's OK.
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (992716)
Posted by SoUnDwAvEr1998 on September 9th, 2009 @ 7:27am CDT
Com e on people chop chop enter the contest. You guys are AMAZING artists just use it to create a 3 panel comic scene from and existing TF comic.
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (993705)
Posted by ACIDSTORM on September 10th, 2009 @ 3:22pm CDT
Hey guys , hope you guys are gonna enter some cool stuff , not trying to encourage anyone into doing this but it would be cool seeing some classic marvel transformers reimagined!
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (996348)
Posted by SoUnDwAvEr1998 on September 14th, 2009 @ 5:57pm CDT
STILL no entries! come on you guys can do better than THIS! :-x
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (996691)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 15th, 2009 @ 6:16am CDT
We would like to remind you that the Transtopia art challenge closes tomorrow on the 16th of September, so if you do want to enter you should act fast as all entries after the 16th will be ignored.

All entries are to be submitted here.
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (996794)
Posted by First Gen on September 15th, 2009 @ 10:38am CDT
nperugini wrote:i follow your suggest and send my work as an attachment. I hope you enjoy it.

That thing is beautiful.
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (996856)
Posted by SoUnDwAvEr1998 on September 15th, 2009 @ 11:33am CDT

cool keep im coming guys btw dude post that entry in the entries thread
right nest to this thread :)
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (997215)
Posted by Storm Shadow ROC on September 15th, 2009 @ 9:18pm CDT
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (997249)
Posted by Cliffjumper Prime on September 15th, 2009 @ 10:40pm CDT
Storm Shadow ROC wrote:I know I am pushing the deadline but I will be posting my artwork in the evening of the 16th, just under the wire. If that is alright? Let me know, thanks.

ditto for me :grin:
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (997362)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 16th, 2009 @ 2:33am CDT
OK as long as it is still the 16. and in the submission thread.
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (997945)
Posted by Cliffjumper Prime on September 16th, 2009 @ 10:31pm CDT
here's my entry... hope we get more... I don't wanna win by default :? Image

and here's the photobucket link: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk27 ... anel-1.png

this is from page 3 of the first issue of the Marvel comics Transformers, and the page where they receive their name. Though, no known characters were featured, I like to think the red Autobot is a young Ironhide :)
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (997959)
Posted by Cliffjumper Prime on September 16th, 2009 @ 11:20pm CDT
I got my entry in by 11pm but I had to edit my post 'cause of a typo in the art, so it says the 17th...
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (997967)
Posted by Storm Shadow ROC on September 16th, 2009 @ 11:26pm CDT
Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 update (998284)
Posted by Cliffjumper Prime on September 17th, 2009 @ 1:42pm CDT
Storm Shadow ROC wrote:Don't worry Cliffjumper Prime, you're not gonna win by default. I already posted this in the other thread but I guess I can drop it here as well.

I was worried when I didn't see any entries, but then I realized I was in the wrong thread. Great job on yours! good luck!

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime (Incomplete) Body" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends Ultra Magnus Complete w/ Alpha Trion Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars ARMADA MEGATRON, Missing Head_T3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG17 Blackarachnia complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron #002 Soundblaster w/ Buzzsaw Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 2012 Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Air Raid incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner wars Bombshell Bio Card" on EBAY