Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom"

Sunday, August 23rd, 2015 9:56AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: xRotorstormx   Views: 34,862

Welcome to the latest edition of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! This episode features your MC for the evening, ScottyP along with Megatronus, Rotorstorm, and Tigertrack! Sit down, tune in, and enjoy as we discuss all the latest news, toys, comics and more.

Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Let's jump right in with some discussion on the new Robots in Disguise Deployers and minicons that are hitting store shelves and a neat little commercial that's been spotted. We also take a stroll down memory lane with the history of the minicons. *cue music*

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom"

Clash of the Transformers, sounds like a new movie or video game doesn't it? Welp, it's not! The new Toys R' Us exclusive Robots in Disguise line has started taking over shelves and we'll discuss our thoughts on these new and very interestingly colored figures.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom"

Takara seems to be pulling out all the stops with their new TAV line, which coincides with Robots In Disguise. Case in point, leader Optimus Prime, what makes this figure so fun, guess you'll have to tune in.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom"

Now it's time to dive into some comics. Our comic gurus take on IDW's The Transformers issue #44 which is headed to a comic store near you.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom"
*kermit flail* SPOILERS!

The Transformers Collectors Club's new Transformers / G.I. Joe crossovers are finally available. Marissa Faireborn with Afterbreaker (*cough* Afterburner *cough*) and Old Snake with the advanced stealth B.A.T. duo. The twincast sits down to discuss these interesting sets and whether or not we've decided to add these to our collection. A few of us may need some convincing...

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom"

Ahh glorious, shiny gold plastic. Yup, Transformers Masterpiece G2 Bumblebee has shipped and many of us have him in hand...except some of us have failed to actually open him up. SO is this a masterpiece figure that every G2 enthusiast or masterpiece collector needs? Well, you'll have to tune in to find out what we think of this little gold bug.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom"

Of course, we finish up this episode with a round of bragging rights.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom"

Well, that wraps things up for another episode! We really hope you enjoyed listening.

Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously! Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1720240)
Posted by Flashwave on August 23rd, 2015 @ 3:08pm CDT
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1720253)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on August 23rd, 2015 @ 4:01pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:Still waiting on the Download, but I can't wait to hear thoughts on TAV21. I love everything about the figure, expcet that his Robot mode is Combiner sized. Neccesary, but a relative size scale matters to me. (Big bots are bigger than small bots, etc) But I love the truck mode, his accesory guns, the bot mode LOOKS cool, the working trailer (although a hitch pivot woulda been nice, but probably impossible to do)

Impossible? dotm Megatron says "Hi"
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1720274)
Posted by Flashwave on August 23rd, 2015 @ 5:15pm CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:

Impossible? dotm Megatron says "Hi"

Is it a similar transformation? The Last 2 Ultra Magnii, Gen and Masterpiece do it too, but tht pretty much flaps backward into his back
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1720418)
Posted by Maximal Rainmaker on August 24th, 2015 @ 1:38am CDT
No captions? Pity.

Also, what are the bragging rights?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1720442)
Posted by ScottyP on August 24th, 2015 @ 8:30am CDT
I doubt it'd be possible on this one with the way the cab transformation goes. Or, alternately, it wouldn't be possible without ending up with partsforming feet and/or a ton of other re-engineering.

Rainmaker wrote:Also, what are the bragging rights?
Do you mean you'd like these listed in text form, or are you curious what the point of the segment is, or something else? Happy to help/clarify :)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1721095)
Posted by william-james88 on August 26th, 2015 @ 7:54pm CDT
The TAV 21 redeco which show's Optimus' upgraded form is indeed an extensive retool and comes with a giant sword instead of the character spefici accessories. This replaces his wrist gimick. He also has pegs to fit RID minicons on.

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1721341)
Posted by william-james88 on August 27th, 2015 @ 1:34pm CDT
Quick question about the comics. In RID 43, we see Brawl with Soundwave in the space station around earth. Then in 44, Brawl is on Cybertron with Needlenose stirring a ruckus. Are the issues happening chronologically? If so, how did Brawl end up back on Cybertron so soon after and where did Soundwave go?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1726060)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 13th, 2015 @ 9:49pm CDT
Sideswipe was shown flying with the jet pack at least once during season 1.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1726113)
Posted by ScottyP on September 14th, 2015 @ 9:36am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Sideswipe was shown flying with the jet pack at least once during season 1.
I thought so. Now I'm super bummed Bee's doesn't fit. I'd say something about one of the third party ones but then you'd say something about hating Transformers.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1726125)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 14th, 2015 @ 11:05am CDT
ScottyP wrote:

I thought I read something years ago that said Sideswipes roof from car mode was meant to be the jet pack, crazy I know.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1726126)
Posted by william-james88 on September 14th, 2015 @ 11:08am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

MP Sideswipe?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1726128)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 14th, 2015 @ 11:13am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

MP Sideswipe?

No it was talking about the G1 toy, then again it could refer to MP Sideswipe too since the roofs are very similar. Lets not forget Autobots flying was a plot point that was adjusted to suit the needs of the story. The only time I remember it being a major thing was when they introduced the Stunticons and Aerialbots.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #123 "Vroom Vroom Vroom" (1726142)
Posted by ScottyP on September 14th, 2015 @ 12:21pm CDT
It could be worse. Much worse.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Lot Preschool Optimus Bumblebee  $130 - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 43 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Year of The Horse 2014 Supreme Starscream Platinum Edition Figure - Time Remaining: 8 days 3 hours 44 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club CHROMEDOME 100% Complete In Box - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 46 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Mechtech DOTM Autobot Daredevil Squad Bumblebee Human Alliance - Time Remaining: 6 days 47 minutes 47 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Robots In Disguise RID JHIAXUS KB Toys MOSC New Sealed - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 47 minutes 55 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Prime Cyberverse BULKHEAD MOSC New Sealed - Time Remaining: 20 days 23 hours 47 minutes 50 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise RID DESTRUCTICON BLUDGEON MOSC New Sealed - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 48 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Henkei Classic Autobot Warriors Ratchet Kup Perceptor 3-Pack Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 48 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #170 - NC Comicon 2017