Twincast / Podcast Episode #246 "Crossover"

Twincast / Podcast Episode #246 "Crossover"

Saturday, April 11th, 2020 1:20pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: megatronus   Views: 32,432

We're going to need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle, because we ain't saying "Hasta La Vista, Baby" just yet. That's right, the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast is back yet another week to help you pass the time and keep your imagination in overdrive. Join Cobotron, Megatronus, Rotorstorm and ScottyP as they talk at you from a safe distance about Transformers and maybe not-so Transformers topics ranging from big orange apes to franchises of blockbusters past.

Episode #246 “Crossover” is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Cooped up and looking for some easy distractions from the unfolding apocalypse, here's what we discuss:

• MP38+ Burning Convoy is out and in ScottyP's busy hands, and he has some insights into how this worthy addition stacks up to previous MP38 editions as well as against similar bright translucent candy colored apes.
    Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #246 "Crossover"

• "Come with us if you want to live"... is what we're saying about the new Transformers vs. Terminator crossover. While Alex Milne's designs continue to please, #1 of this 4-issue arc leaves something to be desired. Read Seibertron's review, here.
    Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #246 "Crossover"

• Bragging Rights are here at last, and Megatronus excitedly bogarts the whole thing with something decidedly not Transformers... but hey, this might bode well for a future crossover.
    Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #246 "Crossover"

Stay tuned next week as we bring you another episode about comics, cartoons and cabin fever.

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast.

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #246 "Crossover" (2060708)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 14th, 2020 @ 11:25pm CDT
ooooo longer show, nice!

Burning convoy: I am so excited for him, glad to hear he is impressing! I really wish he had been given the golden flames for the beast mode.

His gobots book was also really good, I thoroughly enjoyed it! I would honestly try out anything he has worked with, he has made some great stuff that you can enjoy while not truly understanding the property itself.

I envy your Studio Series finds Claire, I haven't seen the Offroad Bee wave yet, and I am excited to have a good Shatter, weaponized Roadbuster, and good Bee movie Bee.

Cliffjumper is so good! So glad he got his own mold, it is so good and so deserved.

Scotty, if Barbearian had been the one you didn't need, i would have split it too. That would have been cool to have.

I really should have bought Duck Convoy, but other things have come up that honestly were more important, and I already have 2 of the MP-10s, so I really didn't need to do the 3rd.

Cyberverse Repugnus is really fun! Tigertrack i am so glad you got him! Clobber is also really fun!

Argh you got a Whirl, I am so frustrated that I cannot find him.

Rack n' Ruin is a pretty fun toy, I adore it! Cannot wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #246 "Crossover" (2060713)
Posted by megatronus on April 14th, 2020 @ 11:35pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I really wish the Terminator/TF comic didn't use G1. I feel like it would have meshed better with the movies or Prime, and that would have been a big help to the comic.
Oh! That's really interesting. Totally agree.

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:On the note of the GI Joes, are any of you getting the Ghostbusters 6" figures coming this summer?
Mayyyybeeee....
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #246 "Crossover" (2060715)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 14th, 2020 @ 11:38pm CDT
megatronus wrote:

Mayyyybeeee....

yesssssssssss

I am most looking forward to the effect part coming with Winston so I can give it to Ectotron for a whirl ;)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #246 "Crossover" (2060806)
Posted by Cobotron on April 15th, 2020 @ 4:16pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Cobs, I really hope you actually bought the TPB and individual issues of the Scioli books, I really do.

TBP? Trade Paperback? I DO! I bought all the individual issues, and then recieved the TPB as a gift. I have it ALL!!

I need to get GoBots, and I'd love to see his take on Fantastic 4.
Anybody who is a fan of his, should follow his instagram. He has been posting really great little one-off mini comics that are awesome and topical to the current state of the world. Like the Atom vs. Covid-19. ;)^
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #246 "Crossover" (2060812)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 15th, 2020 @ 4:37pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:

I need to get GoBots, and I'd love to see his take on Fantastic 4.

Very nice! I was hoping you had all the content, with as much as you enjoy it!

did you read the individual gobots issues?

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLURR, Optimus Prime Racing Trailer variant 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Transformers Bumble Spud Playskool Bumblebee 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties Bumblebee 10-inch Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Action Figure Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "IDW Comics TRANSFORMERS GREATEST BATTLES OF OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATORN GN TPB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse THUNDERCRACKER STARSCREAM ACID STORM SLIPSTREAM Seekers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MP-01 Acid Storm - Masterpiece Acidstorm TRU Toys R Us Decepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Acid Storm MP-01 Masterpiece Figure Toys R Us Exclusive" on EBAY