Twincast / Podcast Episode #275 "Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Saturday, May 1st, 2021 6:56pm CDTCategories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: ScottyP Views: 13,941
Episode #275 “Non-Fungible Mailbag” is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio and many other Podcatcher sites within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.
Here's what we discuss in this episode:
- We take Hasbro to task on the company's pursuit of NFTs.
- Shattered Glass Megatron flies, well, maybe not into our hearts, but at least into our carts.
- We open up listener questions with Mr. Micromaster getting a long-delayed answer on the next round of product reveals.
- D-Maximal_Primal starts a volley of questions by asking about reissues we'd want to see from Armada, Energon or Cybertron.
- We answer a pair of Cyberverse-related questions from the same listener.
- Hydrargyrus asks us about standard decos that might not need to be standards, then we move on to their second question about decos that are just plain ugly.
- Listener questions finish up as Primacron's Little Helper helps us take a short trip down memory lane with our older Classics and Generations toys.
- Bragging Rights take things to the end as usual, with a quick round that even includes Go-Bots. Kind of.
Most Popular Transformers News
List of Studio Series Toys coming in 2022 Including more 86 and more Bumblebee Movie "G1" Bots28,363 views
Most Recent Transformers News
HobbyLink Japan Sponsor News - New Transformers & Diaclone In Stock, Plus Spread the Word to WinPosted 2 days ago
Video Interview with the Creative Team of the My Little Pony / Transformers SeriesPosted 4 days ago
Posted by Hydrargyrus on May 4th, 2021 @ 8:11pm CDT
The answers presented in the episode are great, and I pretty much completely agree with all of them. On the topic of Rainmaker colors, there's a custom Earthrise Ion Storm by Grimlockimus that incorporates black into his color scheme, which I quite liked.
Linkin Park Soundwave is always worth bringing up due to how bafflingly untasteful that deco is.
It seems Megatronus might've misinterpreted my thoughts on Wheeljack. Not a problem, but I thought I'd clarify here. It's not that his colors scream "Alitalia"; it's that cars generally don't have two contrasting accent colors unless they're sponsored (the same goes for most other types of vehicle, as far as I can think of). Thus, his colors have this sort of vestigial contrast.
On top of that, they're not terribly interesting or unique, either. There are already so many white and/or red Autobots. Wheeljack can be the white and green one! We don't have many of those.
In the end, it all comes down to the thought that Wheeljack, a character I really like, has a color scheme that I don't, and there isn't even much reason (the way I see it) for keeping it that way.
On Strafe: I see what you mean about the TFWiki image doing some weird things with the colors. While they look better in this site's galleries, I still think they're pretty bad. I guess I just don't like red and green together .
Posted by Primacron's Little Helper on May 8th, 2021 @ 10:35am CDT
I'm glad you made a change to the question as that's what I intended (not quite sure why I said WFC).
I think there are two types of collector - one who collects whatever they want from each line and the other who tries to select the best version of each character. I think Drift and Skids are a good shout, I really like Siege Hound though!
I actually still use the Classics/Botcon coneheads in my collection, I like the idea of them being the same size as the Decepticon Targetmasters from Titan's Return, as well as them having a special significance because they convinced me to start collecting modern figures in the first place. (I also avoided the crap of trying to get hold of the Earthrise figures.)