Twincast / Podcast Episode #289 "No Thanks Given"
Monday, November 29th, 2021 2:54pm CSTCategories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: megatronus Views: 77,294
Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply
Episode #289 “No Thanks Given” is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio and many other Podcatcher sites within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.
Here's what we discuss in this episode:
- We kick off our show with the latest rumors of an Amazon exclusive series of Wreckers. The Twincast proceeds to do what it does best: speculate wildly without accountability or consequences.
- The Jurassic Park Crossover 2-pack revealed back in June has arrived and still available on Amazon. The reviews are... not great. The Twincast takes aim at this negativity, as we ask important questions about hats.
- The strangest mashup of the year is here: J. Balvintron, an exclusive to the video shopping site and app ntwrk, has the Twincast crew seeing rainbows as we give candid impressions of this louder than life figure.
- Special Topic: If you could bring back one gimmick that either never took off or got abandoned, what would it be? The crew shares their insights and deepest desires - we hope the Transformers Brand Team is listening (they are not).
- Transformers Cyberverse: The Perfect Decepticon is now streaming on the interwebs. ScottyP shares his thoughts on the season finale as the Twincast asks what makes good fiction, and how to reach a segment of the fandom (ours) that would appreciate the strong effort this show represents. Seibertron review here.
- Bragging rights! What has everyone gotten since last time?
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Most Popular Transformers News
USA and Canada Links for New Walmart Exclusive Transformers Toys from their Collector Con43,865 views
Takara Gives Us First Official Look at Rise of the Beasts Stratosphere, Wheeljack and Transit11,832 views
Most Recent Transformers News
Takara Gives Us First Official Look at Rise of the Beasts Stratosphere, Wheeljack and TransitPosted 15 hours ago
Japan Preorders for Rise of the Beasts Toyline Reveal New Toys Geared to Young KidsPosted 17 hours ago
Transformers Studio Series ROTB Bumblebee and Airazor Found at Walmart in US + ReviewsPosted 4 days ago
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 1st, 2021 @ 6:45pm CST
OK first off, that opening couple minutes of Scientology talk was entertaining and wonderful.
So with the talk about a non-battle damaged Springer, I guess everyone forgot about the Premium Finish Springer that will be coming out?
Leadfoot was a Wrecker in Regeneration 1 too, Which follows Dark of the Moon by a year, but that was the first instance of the G2 Leadfoot being added to the Wrecker ranks.
I would love it if Generations went for the more Cyberverse style, pulling in so much and giving it a proper look that matches the aesthetic while also staying true to the original design. Clobber in Cyberverse gets this, while to me, Legacy Bulkhead does not, despite Legacy seeming to be the Generations take on cyberverse essentially.
There is also a 3rd option for Jumpstarter repaints: FOC Wrecker colors. And I would personally love that one.
I liked all the ideas for Bulkhead repaints based on his Mudbuster and blue stealth look, but have we considered that Pyro could be made from Bulkhead too?
Circuit was based on RotF Lockdown, not the Animated one.
I personally would love it if we could revisit the Dark of the moon era gimmicks. Stealth force and Mech Tech would be cool to see again. I also wouldn't mind seeing old vehicle mode only stealth force characters get robot modes, much like how Action masters are getting alt modes.
Cyberverse was such an incredible show, I loved it a lot! It might have displaced Prime and Beast Wars on my all time favorite TF cartoons list, only maybe being behind Animated. That cartoon was done with love and understanding of the lore, all of the lore, and it was a true joy to enjoy. It tells you something that I bought so many Cyberverse toys despite most not being very good.
Scotty, CP wasn't actually correct. IDW Rodimus never fought Tarn. Coffin Rodimus died in the engines before Tarn arrived.
I still love my CW devastator, I don't really need another one, especially if they are going the route of Legacy Menasor with the cartoon looks.
Flame Toys Megatron and Devastator are amazing and are my 2 favorite kits. I am excited to someday get Rodimus, I paid for him, but he's going to sit in the stack for a while before he ships.