Twincast / Podcast Episode #320 "Cities in Dust"
Sunday, March 12th, 2023 10:07am CDTCategories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: ScottyP Views: 52,244
Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply
Episode #320 “Cities in Dust” is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio and many other Podcatcher sites within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.
Here's what we discuss in this episode:
- The Servers may be offline, but the cast starts off this show revisiting some older video game consoles after the new Studio Series WFC reveals. Check out their thoughts on the new figures along with how they would like to see this new branch of Studio Series develop.
- Kingdom Megatron and Optimus Primal are getting a new coat of paint.
- Old toys continue to become new again. Discussion on the recenly leaked Reissue Thundercracker and other G1 reissue name drops.
- One hefty troop Builder is not only revealed but available for pre-order! Find out how much room needs to be cleared on the cast's shelves to hold these new guardians.
- Tow-Line has been leaked through video reviewers and hauls the conversation on exclusives into a quick tangent on 2001 Robots in Disguise/Car Robots.
- Bragging Rights brings this discussion to a close.
- Don't forget to play along at home! Create your own Botcon Bingo card and find out who will [not] win [no] magnificent prizes!
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Most Popular Transformers News
USA and Canada Links for New Walmart Exclusive Transformers Toys from their Collector Con37,446 views
Most Recent Transformers News
Transformers Studio Series ROTB Bumblebee and Airazor Found at Walmart in US + ReviewsPosted 3 days ago
Posted by kurthy on March 12th, 2023 @ 6:01pm CDT
Posted by kuhlio on March 13th, 2023 @ 7:42am CDT
Posted by Emerje on March 13th, 2023 @ 8:18am CDT
kurthy wrote:Short episode.
No cartoon or comic reviews, no franchise retrospects, just some current events and bragging rights, sometimes wee need that.
I've basically stopped pre-ordering most Transformers simply because it's been ridiculously hard to budget for them. Plus I've found that the Japanese prices after store discounts and the very favorable and I can get most figures at the same or less than the Hasbro price. I already pre-order a lot of stuff from AmiAmi every months so the extra shipping is pretty negligible for me and the set currently comes to about $90 which matches nicely with the current $35 and $55 prices of Voyagers and Leaders.
I hadn't seen pictures of the box until after the article went up. It's cool, but problematic for shipping if the Amazon Japan shipping price is anything to go by.
My bingo card, I made it last time, but I didn't post: https://bingobaker.com/#63fc3d43f38eb449
I marked off Banzai-tron because of the Super7 figure that is a nearly perfect Action Master recreation and Transmutate because of the Selects figure. They're in the same line so that's good and the other figures in that line (Treadshot, Windrazor and Storm Rider) are all possible. Treadshot has been on a lot of lists, I could see him as a retool of Impactor or Tarn if not his own figure. Windrazor would be a very easy repaint of Needlenose, cockpit placement be damned, they wouldn't even need to change heads. Storm Rider is another Waspinator repaint that would be easy and look pretty different from the others.
Shame Toaster is taking up one of my free spot lines...