Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia

Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia

Friday, March 31st, 2017 2:04am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,693

We have an update on the orange cap issue for imported retailers for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron - as it appears that HLJ will be revisiting their stance on Australia, where no cap will be added.

The full story: due to legal requirements, the US and initially it seemed Oz too, needed to have retailers include with the item the safety cap; that means opening the box and attaching the cap to the barrel, with glue or other means. Retailers decided to do this to be covered and the ensure customers would receive the item in case of inspection. After review and feedback from Australian customers, however, HLJ has decided not to open packaging and not to attach the cap! This is still the case, though, for US customers. See a screenshot of the discussion below.

Transformers News: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia

Credit(s): HLJ, Facebook

Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870702)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 31st, 2017 @ 6:32am CDT
New in-hand pix from @Alfes2010 --

Attachments.

With Laserbeak.

Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870707)
Posted by william-james88 on March 31st, 2017 @ 7:55am CDT
Emerje wrote:Well, paid for Megatron. It's kinda sad when the 2-7 day shipping option is only 250 JPY more than the 2-5 week shipping.
Capture.JPG

DHL it is! Thanks to some store points he'll cost me around US$185 total which is, like, $20 less than retail and I'm fine with that.

I haven't watched the transformation video, I don't want any spoilers. :)

Emerje

I have heard bad things from picking the DHL option. DHL will charge an extra handling and processing fee for the customs work, even if there is no duty in the US. Its happened to others.

And I dont like being spoiled either but there wer so many damsn steps that it all became a blurr and would still have no idea how to start if I was given one.
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870726)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 31st, 2017 @ 10:02am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Megatron who?

Short version:

G1 Megs (quantum surge G1 Megs) > G1 Galvatron (purple guy) > Super > Ultra Megs > Action Master Megs > G2 Megs (purple and green) > He gets defeated by Laser Prime and is banished.

So where does the G1 Megatron body who gets his azz wiped by Galvatron II fit in? Same with Legends Megatron who seems to be the same Megs. Could he be before or after that incident with the Danny Elderoids?
The answer to both questions is this: The first one comes after the G-2 manga following the aforementioned banishment. And then Legends Megatron comes even after that.

So from purple to green to his old G1 color self. Technically then he is G2 Megs right?
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870727)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 31st, 2017 @ 10:07am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:New in-hand pix from @Alfes2010 --

Attachments.

With Laserbeak.

The scope canon mode?! :x

All Alfes needs is the orange/gold background! Hint hint you know who :lol:
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870734)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 31st, 2017 @ 10:31am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Megatron who?

Short version:

Post-G2, technically.

Though, wait, the G2 green one is included in it too? But that toy didn't come out in Japan until BWII as Megastorm. The G2 manga had Megatron get banished in his purple body. Is this another retcon?
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870755)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 31st, 2017 @ 11:31am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Megatron who?

Short version:

Post-G2, technically.

I took a look see. At tfwiki ( I hope those dates are just as accurate)

Green Megs 1992

Purple Megs 1995

Megastorm 1998 aka de powered (no more batteries S/E version). So it took nearly 6 years before the JP had their taste of green?

Green Megs with the S/E was never sold in Japan then? I know of Megastorm 'cause I own one but in the JP universe that jolly green giant was never considered Megatron then( Takara keeps on repurposing the guys that one can get confused) ?

I took a look see at those TV Magazine images (again) and it was just the purple people eater that was in the JP G2 timeline. My bad then :HEADHURTS: .

So the explanation for the Legends Megs having a tank form might be his post banishment purple tank? Yet as you mentioned, Megs back to his gun form when he got deposed by Galvatron II (this is starting to make my head spin) happens more or less post his G2 battle with Laser Prime arrgh! Why'd he shift back to tank mode then? Prime has an alibi, the Matrix allows him to cosplay other forms :lol:

Hopefully a retcon would explain how Megs of the future who would be Megs legends kicked Galvatron II out back into the mid 80s ..........
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870766)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 31st, 2017 @ 12:58pm CDT
Our own Cyberpath has shared with us a video demonstration of the sounds from Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron's Fusion Cannon. This will shed some light on a previous article. It appears to have three modes. One for cannon fire sounds and when the toggle switch is flipped Megatron will speak; the third position has the two transforming sounds.

The phrases are all in Japanese, but it definitely sounds just like Megatron! They are also the same as the Galvatron G1 Reissue figure, and include the following:
"Wa-ha-ha-ha, kono orokamono-me!" (Bwah ha ha ha! You fools!), "Eei, Cybertron wo hineri-tsubuse!" (Hrr--crush the Autobots!), "Kono yaku-tatazu mono ga!" (You're all useless!), "Eei, hakai shite kureru wa!" (Grrah, I'll destroy you!), and "Destron gundan, transform!" (Decepticon army, transform!)

If you would like to get a better idea of what this cannon attaches to please check out this video review article. The cannon is only one of many pieces that comes with this stunning figure. In that same article there is a gallery of MP-36 Megatron wearing his accessories in different poses so you can see what he looks like out of the packaging. On a side note the cannon will be powered by 2 LR44 batteries.

Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870767)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 31st, 2017 @ 1:19pm CDT
Got charged for mine today!
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870768)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 31st, 2017 @ 1:40pm CDT

Enjoy.
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870772)
Posted by Kurona on March 31st, 2017 @ 1:51pm CDT

It's kind of depressing.
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870778)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 31st, 2017 @ 2:07pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Do you ever look at one figure and think about how you don't like its aesthetic compared to the other one, and then you think about how the other figure might be better and realise you don't like it either and maybe you just don't like this design in general no matter which figure it is?

It's kind of depressing.

I totally understand where you're coming from
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870781)
Posted by william-james88 on March 31st, 2017 @ 2:45pm CDT

It's kind of depressing.

The problem is that I love the megatron design, I absolutely love it! But I cannot believe how difficult it is for them to give him a fun transformation. The g1 toy has a fun transformation, they could inspire themselves from that and give him better proportions.
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870783)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on March 31st, 2017 @ 2:58pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Not my picture, bUT first in hand comparison I've seen. Defiantly makes me feel a whole lot better for canceling. Also makes me realize how much I DO NOT want cartoon accuracy to be the #1 design guideline.

Enjoy.

need to see mightron and apollyon next.
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870786)
Posted by Powermaster Swag on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:18pm CDT

Enjoy.

Is that a Famicom in the background? ;)^
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870787)
Posted by Randomhero on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:30pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

It's kind of depressing.

Problem is-and while we don't know- it's just not possible. I'd like to believe they've tried(takara/Hasbro or 3rd parties) and it doesn't leave the design phase. MP-05 did try and it failed. There's a lot of design and transformation cues from the original and look how it turned out. It's not a alt mode that can translate into the cartoon model.

Personally I embrace any new design for Megatron. Tank, jet, bomber, helicopter etc. I've never been a fan of turning him into a gun. I like to sometimes change my stuff and display them and for me I've never liked having a bunch of jets, tanks and stuff and then this big gun. Only character I've accepted with that is a Shockwave because he literally turned into a giant gun.
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870788)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:31pm CDT
Another gallery, by @GenmonTCracker --

Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870790)
Posted by Kurona on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:35pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Another gallery, by @GenmonTCracker --

Changed my mind, this guy looks awesome.
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870791)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:36pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Changed my mind, this guy looks awesome.

Well that didn't take long. :lol:
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870792)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:42pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Kurona wrote:Changed my mind, this guy looks awesome.

Well that didn't take long. :lol:

its ust confirming my choice to apollyon or mightron
Re: Update on Safety Cap for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron in Australia (1870793)
Posted by william-james88 on March 31st, 2017 @ 3:42pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Kurona wrote:Changed my mind, this guy looks awesome.

Well that didn't take long. :lol:

The again, pics like this keep me still not sure. There are just so many parts, it looks quite messy:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots - Heatwave the Fire-Bot Boat" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Deluxe Transformers The Last Knight Superhero Mens Costume XL" on EBAY