War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come?

Transformers News: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come?

Monday, May 3rd, 2010 7:53PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Game News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 92,672

A new product page over at valued site sponsor BigBadToyStore reveals some possible new figures in our horizons. The product page is for Generations Deluxe Wave 3, which is composed of,

Cybertron Megatron
Cybertron Soundwave
Darkmount
Red Alert

Cybertronian or simply Cybertron is the designated name for toys related to the War For Cybertron video game. We've seen WFC Megatron and Darkmount prior....

....however War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet, as well as Starscream have been floating around as rumors. Thus if Soundwave will have a toy, it will also likely mean that Ratchet and Starscream will have ones as well.

It is unknown whether or not Red Alert is for his War For Cybertron persona, or the Henkei figure that never saw it's Classic's counterpart in Universe 2008.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): BBTS

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070564)
Posted by Astronopolis on May 3rd, 2010 @ 7:59pm CDT
Ratchet ≠ Red Alert

does this mean we will be getting henkei red alert in the states?

Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070569)
Posted by Megazarak on May 3rd, 2010 @ 8:14pm CDT
Ya, I don't think this will be WfC Ratchet. One thing worth noting is that Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron and Soundwave all have Cybertron in front of their names, but Red Alert doesn't. If I had to guess I would say that it will be a repaint of Sunstreaker, so I guess it will be similar to the Henkei figure, just like Thrust is. It would be cool if it was a new mold though or even a remold.
Sounds like a really good wave of figures. Looking forward to all of those figures. The Generations line is looking really good.
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070579)
Posted by Editor on May 3rd, 2010 @ 8:29pm CDT
Red Alert can be whatever it wants to be, as I'm not concerned in any form.

WFC Soundwave already has an open spot on my shelf waiting for him, right beside the space to be filled by SG Soundwave when FP gets of their ass and releases him.
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070582)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 3rd, 2010 @ 8:33pm CDT
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070586)
Posted by Editor on May 3rd, 2010 @ 8:45pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:They better, or else the East Cybertron Trading Co. is gonna hunt 'em down and MAKE them (or kill them, wither way). Thunderstrike is based off of Soundwave, so they better make one, so THunderstrike will be happy... :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :CON: :CON: :CON:

Err... You made Thunderstrike with a Tapedeck altmode, Neither WFC SW (Armoured Car) or SG SW (Minivan) fits so you might want to calm down there.
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070589)
Posted by Down_Shift on May 3rd, 2010 @ 8:46pm CDT

Inside jokes are never funny if no one knows what you're talking about :P

As for Red Alert... as much as we'd all like it to be Henkei Alert it could be Animated Red Alert for all we know. I'm guessing fans would want that more anyways.
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070607)
Posted by It Is Him on May 3rd, 2010 @ 9:25pm CDT
Old news! We were talking about Red Alert and Soundwave on Saturday 8)

Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070610)
Posted by Hound of Dragonsbane on May 3rd, 2010 @ 9:34pm CDT
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070612)
Posted by Down_Shift on May 3rd, 2010 @ 9:36pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:Old news! We were talking about Red Alert and Soundwave on Saturday 8)

Dame right we can use cool emoticon glasses 8)

Hound of Dragonsbane wrote:I don't know if I've missed this already but is Darkmount supposed to be Straxus? The robot mode yells it to me.

Yessir. Hasbro couldn't get the name rights to Straxus so they went with Darkmount. But for all intents and purposes it's Lord Straxus.
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070622)
Posted by Shadowstream on May 3rd, 2010 @ 10:10pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:

Which begs the question, how in the hell that happened? Straxus is an obscure name to already have been taken, and Darkmount sounds MORE likely to have been taken.

As for Red Alert, I'm more than fairly certain it's gonna be the American version of the Henkei figure... and now I'm beating myself over the head about a repaint I did, but that aside I'm curious as to how they plan to do colors?

G1 toy accurate colors, maybe?
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070637)
Posted by FracturedKoi on May 3rd, 2010 @ 11:10pm CDT
Pardon my ignorance, but just who exactly is Darkmount? o.o
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070642)
Posted by enclinedesigns on May 3rd, 2010 @ 11:21pm CDT
man I hope this all proves to be true! I want to buy some more TFS this year..
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070645)
Posted by Editor on May 3rd, 2010 @ 11:23pm CDT
FracturedKoi wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but just who exactly is Darkmount? o.o

Behold Lord Straxus of Darkmount.
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070647)
Posted by FracturedKoi on May 3rd, 2010 @ 11:27pm CDT
Editor wrote:
FracturedKoi wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but just who exactly is Darkmount? o.o

Behold Lord Straxus of Darkmount.

ah ha...thanks for that. Darn losing of trademarks and such gave him a new name, huh?
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070685)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 4th, 2010 @ 5:12am CDT
Editor wrote:

[quote="Down_Shift']
Inside jokes are never funny if no one knows what you're talking about :P[/quote]

Ok, couple things
Numba 1: East Cybertron Trandong Co. is my Heavy Metal War team, so now that we got that all figured out...

Numba 2: Well guess what Soundwave trasnformed into when he got to Earth? A TAPEDECK/CASSETTE PLAYER. So when I mean by I based him off, I based him off his G1... Oooh, I thought of a good idea for Heavy Metal War! But I'm not gonna mention it, for fear I might get reported for off topic. :-B
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070686)
Posted by Hal7300 on May 4th, 2010 @ 5:17am CDT
Very excited about Darkmount and Drift, pre-ordered both from BBTS.

The WFC stuff should be easier to find - i assume Hasbro will release the toyline in decent quantities to coincide with the release of the game?

Then again, we Europeans may not see any WFC or Generations 'till Xmas...
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070717)
Posted by GEEWUN on May 4th, 2010 @ 7:12am CDT
I want Jetfire's war for cybertron toy....
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070734)
Posted by Requiem Prime on May 4th, 2010 @ 8:48am CDT
Huh. The Quartet is called series 3, but there were the only other announcements since series 1. Who is series 2?

Oh SWEEEEET! They're finally making a new Soundwave toy! It's been so long! And if they made him compatible with the old cassettes, well.

I have no doubts Starscream is coming. That's easy redeco money waiting to happen. And we all know Ratchet is an easy retool/redeco into Ironhide.
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070742)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 4th, 2010 @ 9:19am CDT
Eeeexcellent news. :D This line is shaping up to be a good one. Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream would be instant buys. Megatron looks ridiculous so far, but I still have hope he's mistransformed. I can skip on Red Alert since I don't collect him, but for everyone else who's hoping it's similar to the Henkei one, I hope so too. I may just happily chug through this year collecting Generations exclusively. 8)
Re: War For Cybertron Soundwave, Ratchet and Starscream Toys To Come? (1070763)
Posted by Nekoman on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:37am CDT
Let's hope Soundwave will look better than Bumblebee. While we're at it, let's hope Red Alert looks comparable to the Japanese version for once.

Really not having high hopes for Generations. If we get Dirge in the next wave and then maybe a new mold after that, there will have only been THREE new molds for Classics. Two of which aren't even based off any iconic or existing toy.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
"Prime Galaxy"
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

Buy "New Transformers Construct Bots IRONHIDE Scout Class E1:01 45 Pieces Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Dead End Buildable Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Silverbolt Buildable Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Elite Class Optimus Prime COMPLETE with manual!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Construct-Bots Scout Class STARSCREAM Buildable Action Figure - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Takara AD04 High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY