BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge

BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge

Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 12:07pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,029

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

BotCon has announced a new twitter contest. Fans have been asked to compose a bio for Shattered Glass Scourge in 140 characters or less. First prize winner will received a 2009 BotCon exclusive Sweep. The contest is open to all BotCon followers, one entry per follower, entries must end with hashtag #SGWED, contest ends midnight tonight EST.

Image

Credit(s): BotCon twitter


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1294621)
Posted by Rated X on September 29th, 2011 @ 9:35am CDT
Are you serious ??? This is why I dont even aknowledge the shattered glass story line because anyone could write it. The whole concept is like some acid tripping, mushroom eating, funkadelic s**t. Plus it's an easy way to sell repaints without resculpting their heads. I hope Botcon 2012 is not shattered glass.
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1294625)
Posted by Flux Convoy on September 29th, 2011 @ 9:49am CDT
Rated X wrote:Are you serious ??? This is why I dont even aknowledge the shattered glass story line because anyone could write it. The whole concept is like some acid tripping, mushroom eating, funkadelic s**t.

How so? It isn't so difficult to grasp the concept. The heroic characters are evil and vice versa. It's nothing like what you paint it to be.
Rated X wrote:Plus it's an easy way to sell repaints without resculpting their heads. I hope Botcon 2012 is not shattered glass.

So Jazz, Ricochet, Goldbug, Blurr and Megatron don't count?
:BOT:
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1294846)
Posted by Rated X on September 29th, 2011 @ 9:50pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Rated X wrote:Are you serious ??? This is why I dont even aknowledge the shattered glass story line because anyone could write it. The whole concept is like some acid tripping, mushroom eating, funkadelic s**t.

How so? It isn't so difficult to grasp the concept. The heroic characters are evil and vice versa. It's nothing like what you paint it to be.
Rated X wrote:Plus it's an easy way to sell repaints without resculpting their heads. I hope Botcon 2012 is not shattered glass.

So Jazz, Ricochet, Goldbug, Blurr and Megatron don't count?
:BOT:


As far as the storylines, it appears to be a little more complex than "The heroic characters are evil and vice versa". If that were the case, they could just keep the original characters colors and just write a story and forget the toyline. Most fans on this site describe shattered glass as "an alternate universe" or "another dimension". In other words it's some classic Cheech and Chong s**t.

As far as Jazz, Ricochet, Goldbug, Blurr and Megatron, those are figures directly produced by Hasbro/Takara. Im making reference to figures that are licensed through TFCC. In my opinion, TFCC's job is to cater to collectors. A vast majority of collectors would rather see the holes in their collection filled with the more obscure characters from existing Hasbro/Takara storylines. But on the other hand, it's pretty easy to paint the figures brown and write a comic book called splattered a**. ;)
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1294971)
Posted by Flux Convoy on September 30th, 2011 @ 10:42am CDT
Rated X wrote:As far as the storylines, it appears to be a little more complex than "The heroic characters are evil and vice versa". If that were the case, they could just keep the original characters colors and just write a story and forget the toyline. Most fans on this site describe shattered glass as "an alternate universe" or "another dimension". In other words it's some classic Cheech and Chong s**t.

It isn't really any different than Marvel or DC comics having alternate universes. It's hardly much different that what I described. You're purposely distorting the facts of the matter to suit your distaste for that venture. The club does a different set of toys and theme every year. Shattered Glass, despite your ignorance of it, was wildly successful. If you're gonna bash something do it with facts.

Rated X wrote:As far as Jazz, Ricochet, Goldbug, Blurr and Megatron, those are figures directly produced by Hasbro/Takara. Im making reference to figures that are licensed through TFCC.

Obviously I'm referencing the TFCC Shattered Glass versions of these characters. I wouldn't randomly reference TF names for no purpose or explanation. All of them had remolded heads.
Rated X wrote:
In my opinion, TFCC's job is to cater to collectors. A vast majority of collectors would rather see the holes in their collection filled with the more obscure characters from existing Hasbro/Takara storylines. But on the other hand, it's pretty easy to paint the figures brown and write a comic book called splattered a**. ;)

Your lack of acceptance or understanding for something you seem to know next to nothing about makes you appear ignorant. Again, like it or not, SG was a hit. Believe me when I tell you this, your opinion doesn't equal fact. If it makes you feel any better, neither does mine or any one else's for that matter. Lastly, what SG character is painted brown that you've got a mad on for? Pretty sure that answer is none.
:BOT:
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1295256)
Posted by Rated X on October 1st, 2011 @ 12:11am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Rated X wrote:As far as the storylines, it appears to be a little more complex than "The heroic characters are evil and vice versa". If that were the case, they could just keep the original characters colors and just write a story and forget the toyline. Most fans on this site describe shattered glass as "an alternate universe" or "another dimension". In other words it's some classic Cheech and Chong s**t.

It isn't really any different than Marvel or DC comics having alternate universes. It's hardly much different that what I described. You're purposely distorting the facts of the matter to suit your distaste for that venture. The club does a different set of toys and theme every year. Shattered Glass, despite your ignorance of it, was wildly successful. If you're gonna bash something do it with facts.

Rated X wrote:As far as Jazz, Ricochet, Goldbug, Blurr and Megatron, those are figures directly produced by Hasbro/Takara. Im making reference to figures that are licensed through TFCC.

Obviously I'm referencing the TFCC Shattered Glass versions of these characters. I wouldn't randomly reference TF names for no purpose or explanation. All of them had remolded heads.
Rated X wrote:
In my opinion, TFCC's job is to cater to collectors. A vast majority of collectors would rather see the holes in their collection filled with the more obscure characters from existing Hasbro/Takara storylines. But on the other hand, it's pretty easy to paint the figures brown and write a comic book called splattered a**. ;)

Your lack of acceptance or understanding for something you seem to know next to nothing about makes you appear ignorant. Again, like it or not, SG was a hit. Believe me when I tell you this, your opinion doesn't equal fact. If it makes you feel any better, neither does mine or any one else's for that matter. Lastly, what SG character is painted brown that you've got a mad on for? Pretty sure that answer is none.
:BOT:



So now I sound ignorant simply because I think a concept is stupid ??? I wasn’t at Botcon 2008 so I cant tell you too much about shattered glass other than I think it is a silly storyline created to justify a set of figures that requires no modifications or creativity to make. Just swap the colors…rocket scientists.

I’m not a big comic book reader so I wouldn’t know how famous the whole “alternate universe” concept is. But if it’s been used so many times, then why did Funpub choose to beat a dead horse back in 2008 ???

In my opinion, the 2007 set was so controversial with the seeker thing that they got spooked. “Shattered Glass” was their solution not to piss off the fan base that couldn’t attend Botcon. The alleged agreement they had with Hasbro/Takara that would keep the characters Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge exclusive to Botcon caused uproar in the TF collector’s community. So they decided to try something really, really different in 2008 to avoid another uproar. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion on the logic behind the shattered glass line. I’m not implying that it’s what Funpub was thinking. It’s just my theory.

As far as painted brown figures and my “splattered ass” comment, I was just inducing a bit of wordplay in my humor. Surely you get the punch line ???
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1295307)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 1st, 2011 @ 5:52am CDT
Rated X wrote:

So now I sound ignorant simply because I think a concept is stupid ??? I wasn’t at Botcon 2008 so I cant tell you too much about shattered glass other than I think it is a silly storyline created to justify a set of figures that requires no modifications or creativity to make. Just swap the colors…rocket scientists.

No, you sound ignorant because you don't know what you're talking about. Again, distorting the truth to fit your needs in this discussion and stating opinion like fact. I wasn't at Botcon in 05 and I can tell you what it's about, what figures were to be had what remolds were made. I know this because if I want to talk about something, good or bad, I do my research and try to learn about it. I don't make off-handed or off-color comments that downplay the blatant creativity that goes into these things. Obviously it isn't as simple as "swap the colors", not everyone in the SG universe has the same body in Classics or G1. It helps tremendously to know what you're talking about.
Rated X wrote:I’m not a big comic book reader so I wouldn’t know how famous the whole “alternate universe” concept is. But if it’s been used so many times, then why did Funpub choose to beat a dead horse back in 2008 ???

Because this specific concept had never been done in Transformers before and it was a popular concept among fans. Transformers has had multiple alternate universes. Be sure it won't ever stop. We've gotten RID, which can be argued, is the far flung future of G1. Although only Japan carries that as canon. We've gotten The Unicron trilogy, the live action movies, Animated, Prime, be sure the list will continue. You're assuming that alternate realities are a dead horse concept. If you aren't reading the fiction for these things or even paying attention to what they're actually about, your opinion of such things is hardly credible.
Rated X wrote:In my opinion, the 2007 set was so controversial with the seeker thing that they got spooked. “Shattered Glass” was their solution not to piss off the fan base that couldn’t attend Botcon. The alleged agreement they had with Hasbro/Takara that would keep the characters Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge exclusive to Botcon caused uproar in the TF collector’s community. So they decided to try something really, really different in 2008 to avoid another uproar. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion on the logic behind the shattered glass line. I’m not implying that it’s what Funpub was thinking. It’s just my theory.

This your opinion and theory. I do not share it. I don't bother thinking about the logistics of those decisions so much. We aren't likely to ever know anyway.
Rated X wrote:As far as painted brown figures and my “splattered ass” comment, I was just inducing a bit of wordplay in my humor. Surely you get the punch line ???

I get it. Just a thought, you know all those Wreck-Gars in your sig? They're all pretty brown. Just sayin'. ;)
:BOT:
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1295314)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 1st, 2011 @ 7:31am CDT
Back on topic, a winner was chosen: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scourge_%28SG%29 So we can add Shattered Glass Scourge to the list of TFCC SG figures with remolded heads. Although, this guy is admittedly a cheat. From two years ago, no less.
:BOT:
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1295324)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 1st, 2011 @ 8:31am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:Back on topic, a winner was chosen: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scourge_%28SG%29 So we can add Shattered Glass Scourge to the list of TFCC SG figures with remolded heads. Although, this guy is admittedly a cheat. From two years ago, no less.
:BOT:


And someone already repurposed a Sweep for SG Scourge, and BotCon Scourge for a SG Sweep. :P
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1295358)
Posted by Rated X on October 1st, 2011 @ 10:26am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Rated X wrote:

So now I sound ignorant simply because I think a concept is stupid ??? I wasn’t at Botcon 2008 so I cant tell you too much about shattered glass other than I think it is a silly storyline created to justify a set of figures that requires no modifications or creativity to make. Just swap the colors…rocket scientists.

No, you sound ignorant because you don't know what you're talking about. Again, distorting the truth to fit your needs in this discussion and stating opinion like fact. I wasn't at Botcon in 05 and I can tell you what it's about, what figures were to be had what remolds were made. I know this because if I want to talk about something, good or bad, I do my research and try to learn about it. I don't make off-handed or off-color comments that downplay the blatant creativity that goes into these things. Obviously it isn't as simple as "swap the colors", not everyone in the SG universe has the same body in Classics or G1. It helps tremendously to know what you're talking about.
Rated X wrote:I’m not a big comic book reader so I wouldn’t know how famous the whole “alternate universe” concept is. But if it’s been used so many times, then why did Funpub choose to beat a dead horse back in 2008 ???

Because this specific concept had never been done in Transformers before and it was a popular concept among fans. Transformers has had multiple alternate universes. Be sure it won't ever stop. We've gotten RID, which can be argued, is the far flung future of G1. Although only Japan carries that as canon. We've gotten The Unicron trilogy, the live action movies, Animated, Prime, be sure the list will continue. You're assuming that alternate realities are a dead horse concept. If you aren't reading the fiction for these things or even paying attention to what they're actually about, your opinion of such things is hardly credible.
Rated X wrote:In my opinion, the 2007 set was so controversial with the seeker thing that they got spooked. “Shattered Glass” was their solution not to piss off the fan base that couldn’t attend Botcon. The alleged agreement they had with Hasbro/Takara that would keep the characters Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge exclusive to Botcon caused uproar in the TF collector’s community. So they decided to try something really, really different in 2008 to avoid another uproar. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion on the logic behind the shattered glass line. I’m not implying that it’s what Funpub was thinking. It’s just my theory.

This your opinion and theory. I do not share it. I don't bother thinking about the logistics of those decisions so much. We aren't likely to ever know anyway.
Rated X wrote:As far as painted brown figures and my “splattered ass” comment, I was just inducing a bit of wordplay in my humor. Surely you get the punch line ???

I get it. Just a thought, you know all those Wreck-Gars in your sig? They're all pretty brown. Just sayin'. ;)
:BOT:



When I use the term “alternate universe” I am referring to a time warp or dimension where everything is backwards. I don’t consider The Unicron Trilogy, RID, or Movieverse alternate dimensions. I consider them to be re-incarnations of the constantly evolving Transformers timeline. I say this because the figures molds were cast specifically for the cartoon. With Shattered Glass it seems to be the other way around. The cartoon (comic) was created after the molds already existed. So basically anything goes in writing the storyline. What one person may see as creative the next person may see as stupid.

Could I “do my research” by actually reading the comic ??? Of course I could. But no amount of knowledge on shattered glass is going to sway me over so why bother ??? I flat out don’t like the concept.

And my Junkions are very brown because the planet they live on is a pile of s**t. :grin:
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1295532)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 1st, 2011 @ 8:10pm CDT
Rated X wrote:When I use the term “alternate universe” I am referring to a time warp or dimension where everything is backwards. I don’t consider The Unicron Trilogy, RID, or Movieverse alternate dimensions. I consider them to be re-incarnations of the constantly evolving Transformers timeline.

You can think that if you like but it's still not using the terms correctly. It's sort of like insisting that peanut butter is jelly. Some things just simply are.
Rated X wrote:I say this because the figures molds were cast specifically for the cartoon. With Shattered Glass it seems to be the other way around. The cartoon (comic) was created after the molds already existed. So basically anything goes in writing the storyline. What one person may see as creative the next person may see as stupid.

This has been done for every single Botcon theme and figure yet. None of them are unique, original figure molds. Begrudging a specific set over that, you should be condemning Botcon themes and figures completely.
Rated X wrote:Could I “do my research” by actually reading the comic ??? Of course I could. But no amount of knowledge on shattered glass is going to sway me over so why bother ??? I flat out don’t like the concept.

You could do that and give it a fair shot or you could just look up the wiki entry. The point is, if you're going to attempt to tear something down because you don't like it, be armed with the facts. Otherwise it simply sounds ignorant. I hated Beast Wars with a passion until I gave it a chance. Once I eventually did I truly regretted that original stance. It's my favorite point in the whole of TF fiction.
Rated X wrote:And my Junkions are very brown because the planet they live on is a pile of s**t. :grin:

Junk but whatever. I always kinda wondered why all the junk was reddish brown. Seems like more of a planet of rust. Eh, who knows?
:BOT:
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1295567)
Posted by Rated X on October 1st, 2011 @ 10:13pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Rated X wrote:When I use the term “alternate universe” I am referring to a time warp or dimension where everything is backwards. I don’t consider The Unicron Trilogy, RID, or Movieverse alternate dimensions. I consider them to be re-incarnations of the constantly evolving Transformers timeline.

You can think that if you like but it's still not using the terms correctly. It's sort of like insisting that peanut butter is jelly. Some things just simply are.
Rated X wrote:I say this because the figures molds were cast specifically for the cartoon. With Shattered Glass it seems to be the other way around. The cartoon (comic) was created after the molds already existed. So basically anything goes in writing the storyline. What one person may see as creative the next person may see as stupid.

This has been done for every single Botcon theme and figure yet. None of them are unique, original figure molds. Begrudging a specific set over that, you should be condemning Botcon themes and figures completely.
Rated X wrote:Could I “do my research” by actually reading the comic ??? Of course I could. But no amount of knowledge on shattered glass is going to sway me over so why bother ??? I flat out don’t like the concept.

You could do that and give it a fair shot or you could just look up the wiki entry. The point is, if you're going to attempt to tear something down because you don't like it, be armed with the facts. Otherwise it simply sounds ignorant. I hated Beast Wars with a passion until I gave it a chance. Once I eventually did I truly regretted that original stance. It's my favorite point in the whole of TF fiction.
Rated X wrote:And my Junkions are very brown because the planet they live on is a pile of s**t. :grin:

Junk but whatever. I always kinda wondered why all the junk was reddish brown. Seems like more of a planet of rust. Eh, who knows?
:BOT:



Well we obviously both got different opinions on what classifies as an “alternate universe”. You might see it more from a general comic book perspective while I may see it based on what science fiction movies and cartoons have depicted it as. Who’s to say who’s wrong or right ???

The most popular Botcon sets seem to be the ones from 2007 to the present after the introduction of the classics line. If you were to axe the Funpub storylines altogether, the 2007, 2010, and 2011 sets could easily be passed as homage sets with no storylines at all. The 2008 shattered glass set needs a storyline to make sense. Whether the 2009 Wings of Honor set needs a storyline or if it can pass off a homage set is debatable. >:oP

As far as doing my research before attacking something I offer this:

We didn’t study Osama’s point of view. We walked in and shot the bastard in the head because his point of view sucks. :KREMZEEK:

I gave beast wars a chance. But as fans we really had no say in beast wars existing because it was a Hasbro creation. But once again I repeat my stance that the so called “Transformers Collectors Club” should be catering to collectors and their wants rather than hitting all the way in the left field and hoping for a home run. Maybe they got lucky with shattered glass. But who’s to say their next wild idea wont flop ??? Their buddies at Hasbro have hade their share of flops with the most recent being Power Core Combiners. :BANG_HEAD:

And metal junk does rust if the right weather conditions are present in the Junkion atmosphere.
:BOT:
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1295572)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on October 1st, 2011 @ 10:52pm CDT
:BANG_HEAD:
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1295609)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 2nd, 2011 @ 2:07am CDT
Rated X wrote:Well we obviously both got different opinions on what classifies as an “alternate universe”. You might see it more from a general comic book perspective while I may see it based on what science fiction movies and cartoons have depicted it as. Who’s to say who’s wrong or right ???

Anyone can tell you. I told you. Alternate universes are, by definition, alternate versions of what you're familiar with. It doesn't matter what medium they're used in. Nothing in any of the Botcon fiction involves or resembles the use of psychadelics or Cheech and Chong themes in any regard. Like I said opinions are not facts. I'm telling you facts.
Rated X wrote:The most popular Botcon sets seem to be the ones from 2007 to the present after the introduction of the classics line. If you were to axe the Funpub storylines altogether, the 2007, 2010, and 2011 sets could easily be passed as homage sets with no storylines at all. The 2008 shattered glass set needs a storyline to make sense. Whether the 2009 Wings of Honor set needs a storyline or if it can pass off a homage set is debatable. >:oP

This again, is your opinion. Try placing your hands on Megatron from 06 for under $500 on the after market. Try that again with SG Rodimus. As far as homages? Every Funpub set has had ties to G1 except for this year being Animated. Don't believe it? Do the research, find out for yourself. Fact, 09 is only slightly more successful/popular than 05 and even that year seems it might be on an upswing. While we're at it, why would any of these sets need fiction? We could make it all up ourselves and have it make sense. That or we could get a fun comic with each set with great art, colors and generally decent-good writing. Again, you're relying on opinion to make your case for you.
Rated X wrote:As far as doing my research before attacking something I offer this:

We didn’t study Osama’s point of view. We walked in and shot the bastard in the head because his point of view sucks. :KREMZEEK:

By we, you mean the US government who I guarantee you, studied his philosophy long before the moment he was killed? You mean we didn't do recon and research of where he was, who might be with him and weapons he might possibly have at his disposal? If you believe that then you aren't thinking clearly. What does this have to do with anything? It certainly doesn't relate to any one thing we've been talking about.

Rated X wrote:I gave beast wars a chance. But as fans we really had no say in beast wars existing because it was a Hasbro creation. But once again I repeat my stance that the so called “Transformers Collectors Club” should be catering to collectors and their wants rather than hitting all the way in the left field and hoping for a home run. Maybe they got lucky with shattered glass. But who’s to say their next wild idea wont flop ??? Their buddies at Hasbro have hade their share of flops with the most recent being Power Core Combiners. :BANG_HEAD:

Not every last figure is going to be a hit. We don't have much of a say in what the club does either. Not saying I agree with it but most of it works out well with the majority of their fan base. That's all any business can strive for. You can never please everyone.

Rated X wrote:And metal junk does rust if the right weather conditions are present in the Junkion atmosphere.
:BOT:

I would think that would be fairly obvious. So to sum up, you're defending an opinion and trying to pass it off as fact. You refuse to accept fact as it's presented. You seem to want to argue your opinion for the sake of arguing. This is my last response to you on this matter because it feels like I'm repeatedly beating my head against a wall. You can think whatever you like or want but the truth of the matter is that your outlandish comments and disregard for something you dislike is in fact an ignorant stance. You don't have to like what I like. Hell, you don't have to like anything for all I care. When someone tells you that you're wrong and presents facts to you to prove it, it's time to accept the truth of the matter.
:BOT:
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1295623)
Posted by Kung Fu Man on October 2nd, 2011 @ 5:27am CDT
Either way...seriously hoping Scourge isn't the only one we see for this year's SG Botcon stuff. I was kinda hoping for Shockwave myself since we have a (redeco Shockblast) design for him now.
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1295723)
Posted by Rated X on October 2nd, 2011 @ 1:54pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Rated X wrote:Well we obviously both got different opinions on what classifies as an “alternate universe”. You might see it more from a general comic book perspective while I may see it based on what science fiction movies and cartoons have depicted it as. Who’s to say who’s wrong or right ???

Anyone can tell you. I told you. Alternate universes are, by definition, alternate versions of what you're familiar with. It doesn't matter what medium they're used in. Nothing in any of the Botcon fiction involves or resembles the use of psychadelics or Cheech and Chong themes in any regard. Like I said opinions are not facts. I'm telling you facts.
Rated X wrote:The most popular Botcon sets seem to be the ones from 2007 to the present after the introduction of the classics line. If you were to axe the Funpub storylines altogether, the 2007, 2010, and 2011 sets could easily be passed as homage sets with no storylines at all. The 2008 shattered glass set needs a storyline to make sense. Whether the 2009 Wings of Honor set needs a storyline or if it can pass off a homage set is debatable. >:oP

This again, is your opinion. Try placing your hands on Megatron from 06 for under $500 on the after market. Try that again with SG Rodimus. As far as homages? Every Funpub set has had ties to G1 except for this year being Animated. Don't believe it? Do the research, find out for yourself. Fact, 09 is only slightly more successful/popular than 05 and even that year seems it might be on an upswing. While we're at it, why would any of these sets need fiction? We could make it all up ourselves and have it make sense. That or we could get a fun comic with each set with great art, colors and generally decent-good writing. Again, you're relying on opinion to make your case for you.
Rated X wrote:As far as doing my research before attacking something I offer this:

We didn’t study Osama’s point of view. We walked in and shot the bastard in the head because his point of view sucks. :KREMZEEK:

By we, you mean the US government who I guarantee you, studied his philosophy long before the moment he was killed? You mean we didn't do recon and research of where he was, who might be with him and weapons he might possibly have at his disposal? If you believe that then you aren't thinking clearly. What does this have to do with anything? It certainly doesn't relate to any one thing we've been talking about.

Rated X wrote:I gave beast wars a chance. But as fans we really had no say in beast wars existing because it was a Hasbro creation. But once again I repeat my stance that the so called “Transformers Collectors Club” should be catering to collectors and their wants rather than hitting all the way in the left field and hoping for a home run. Maybe they got lucky with shattered glass. But who’s to say their next wild idea wont flop ??? Their buddies at Hasbro have hade their share of flops with the most recent being Power Core Combiners. :BANG_HEAD:

Not every last figure is going to be a hit. We don't have much of a say in what the club does either. Not saying I agree with it but most of it works out well with the majority of their fan base. That's all any business can strive for. You can never please everyone.

Rated X wrote:And metal junk does rust if the right weather conditions are present in the Junkion atmosphere.
:BOT:

I would think that would be fairly obvious. So to sum up, you're defending an opinion and trying to pass it off as fact. You refuse to accept fact as it's presented. You seem to want to argue your opinion for the sake of arguing. This is my last response to you on this matter because it feels like I'm repeatedly beating my head against a wall. You can think whatever you like or want but the truth of the matter is that your outlandish comments and disregard for something you dislike is in fact an ignorant stance. You don't have to like what I like. Hell, you don't have to like anything for all I care. When someone tells you that you're wrong and presents facts to you to prove it, it's time to accept the truth of the matter.
:BOT:


I will respond because I know you saved this outdated link just to debate with me. (Don’t get offended I did too because this is fun)

On alternate dimensions: I believe plenty of movies (and drugs) have portrayed alternate dimensions in a completely different light than the stereotypical comic book vision. While it may not be a dictionary definition, were talking about something that science hasn’t yet proven actually exists. So anybody can define “alternate dimension” in their own words and still be theoretically correct. Unless you were specifically talking about the definition of the “Shattered Glass” alternate dimension. However, I’m not talking about Shattered Glass specifically, but rather about the general concept of alternate dimensions that vary from different sources throughout humanity. Have you ever visited an alternate dimension? If you’re white did you come out black or vice versa when you visited?

On Homages: I meant “G1 Homages” but I thought that was self explanatory. It appears most pre-2007 Botcon sets were geared toward the Unicron trilogy and Beast Wars eras.

On Osama: We have only studied his point of view to catch or kill him. We never studied his views to judge the possibility he might be justified for having them. (As your implying I should do with shattered glass)

On Junk: Since were getting all technical, how come you haven’t pointed out that the lack of oxygen on the Junkion planet shouldn’t allow things to rust ? This can be explained by Daniel having to wear an exo-suit to breathe outside of the ship. I’m sure the G1 script writers didn’t even think of that because they wanted the landscape to look cool.

To sum it up: Although I disagree with you’re point of view, I would welcome to discuss this and anything else Transformers related over a few beers at Botcon 2012 if you attend. Just PM me.

Peace.
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1299532)
Posted by El Duque on October 12th, 2011 @ 3:31pm CDT
A couple of weeks ago BotCon called upon fans to come up with a bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (BotCon 2009 Sweep), today they've revealed the selected bio and Shattered Glass Scourge's full MTMTE style profile. Check out the profile mirrored from the BotCon twitter feed below.

Image
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1299540)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 12th, 2011 @ 3:42pm CDT
Oooo, me likey :D Gimme a Sweep right now!
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1299546)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 12th, 2011 @ 4:04pm CDT
Since we have a Classics Scourge now, repurposing this old exclusive for SG seems like a great idea.

SG as a whole isn't what I'm into, but I don't really get the hate ...
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1299570)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 12th, 2011 @ 5:40pm CDT
SG Scourge sounds a bit like a mix of Kup and Alpha Trion.
Re: BotCon Twitter Contest: Win a 2009 BotCon Sweep by Writing a Bio for Shattered Glass Scourge (1299571)
Posted by Mkall on October 12th, 2011 @ 5:43pm CDT
I called the re-purposing of into Scourge months back. Anyways, I like the bio, it's better than the one I came up with.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "883975148751 KIDROBOT COBRE COMMANDER TRANSFORMERS VS. GI JOE COLLECTIBLE VINYL" on EBAY
Buy "FUNKO POP! G.I. JOE Vs Transformers Cobra Pin Set GAMESTOP Exclusive plus decal" on EBAY
Buy "FUNKO POP! G.I. JOE Vs Transformers Cobra Keychain GAMESTOP Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "1980 Transformers Takara Hasbro G1 CLIFFJUMPER Action Figure Minibot complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus And Optimus Prime Toys R Us Year?" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Cyberverse Power Of The Spark Hot Rod ~Jazz~Bumblebee~Skybyte~" on EBAY
Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri - TARN - Transformers *** USA SELLER ***" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UK G1 ADVENTURE GAME BOOK, HIGHWAY CLASH – 1980’S" on EBAY