Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon.

Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon.

Wednesday, June 20th, 2007 9:47pm CDT

Category: People News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 10,119

Who you might ask is Ernie Petragelo? If you're a fan of the soundtrack to the animated movie you might recognize him as being a writer for N.R.G.-- the band that played 'Instruments of Destruction"!

Check out the Botcon page here, with a blurb about him.

I'm guessing, but could we be getting a performance from him, as well as, Stan Bush?

Bring it on! What I want to know next is, when will they be announcing the Weird Al Yankovic panel, and performance? I loved 'Dare to be Stupid'!

Credit(s): Botcon.com

Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (174982)
Posted by JazZeke on June 20th, 2007 @ 9:52pm CDT
Bleh. That was the WORST song on the entire soundtrack.
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (174986)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 20th, 2007 @ 9:52pm CDT
oh...
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (174988)
Posted by Seibertron on June 20th, 2007 @ 9:52pm CDT
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (174992)
Posted by Seibertron on June 20th, 2007 @ 9:54pm CDT
JazZeke wrote:Bleh. That was the WORST song on the entire soundtrack.

Are you kidding? It's THE song when we finally find out that the Decepticons aren't all misconfigured and can actually shoot and KILL their enemies. We finally find out that the Decepticons are truly bad ass mutha-f'ers!
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175001)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 20th, 2007 @ 9:58pm CDT
Hmn. I get the sense that tigertracks 24 wouldn't have known who this was without running across this bit at the botcon site. But then, I wouldn't have known either.
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175019)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on June 20th, 2007 @ 10:02pm CDT
he's cool. i got him to sign the NRG album sold at Botcon 2001.
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175020)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 20th, 2007 @ 10:03pm CDT

I actually ran into this in the forums there first, and then I found out on the front page too, so there. ;)

I liked Instruments of Destruction BTW. And Ryan, in the blurb it says that he is performing in Providence so even if he does not perform at Botcon, which I imagine he would, you could probably catch a performance there, in whatever venue he's playing at.
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175022)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 20th, 2007 @ 10:04pm CDT
Oh BTW, I still want Weird Al! :(
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175025)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 20th, 2007 @ 10:04pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Instruments of Destruction is my favorite song from the original album, especially the "real" version of the song, not the slightly watered down version that ended up on the soundtrack and in the movie that left out the word "foreplay". I would really love to hear this song live. That would be the icing on the cake, well, that and getting to hear Stan Bush perform live finally next weekend.

It's one of my favorite tracks on the soundtrack too.
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175040)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 20th, 2007 @ 10:08pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Unless you're god, that's what anyone would have to do...no ShGarland? :) I mean unless you are a member of N.R.G., or Mr. Petragelo himself, or his mom.

It is interesting, tiger. Great find!
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175077)
Posted by Bouncy X on June 20th, 2007 @ 10:20pm CDT
this, like most of the songs on the soundtrack for me personally...arent very good songs on their own but they just work well with the scenes they're used in. this one in particular i dont really like at all but it just meshes so well with the scene....especially ironhide's death

which reminds me, i just recently read the 86 movie comic and they dont have his "nooo" line and megatron's "such heroic nonsense" reply...that part's just badass i mean come on..lol
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175097)
Posted by UltraPrimal on June 20th, 2007 @ 10:30pm CDT
Yeah! Wierd Al! Now that's a real musician.
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175114)
Posted by JazZeke on June 20th, 2007 @ 10:51pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
JazZeke wrote:Bleh. That was the WORST song on the entire soundtrack.

I don't care if that song was played to the best scene in the entire movie. It still sucks, IMO.
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175249)
Posted by Roboto750 on June 21st, 2007 @ 12:36am CDT
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:he's cool. i got him to sign the NRG album sold at Botcon 2001.

I got that one too. I dunno, he seemed a bit off by himself at that con, if I remember correctly (at least from what I saw). Actually surprised he's coming back without performing. Still, I'm glad he'll be back. Though, I am a bigger Stan Bush fan, so I'm a little glad that he'll get to play more of his stuff rather than having to share the stage (not counting the opening act). Not that it wouldn't be cool to hear a live version of "Instruments of Destruction."
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175318)
Posted by Collector Maximus on June 21st, 2007 @ 2:01am CDT
Wow, this could be one Botcon you don't want to miss, too bad i'll miss it...
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175332)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on June 21st, 2007 @ 2:16am CDT
I kinda posted this news 3 hours before this thread was made, but whatever.

I'm hoping they have an NRG album for sale...I can't find anything by them otherwise.
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175699)
Posted by fairplaythings on June 21st, 2007 @ 9:43am CDT
My question is this - what is with the question marks on the guest page? I think there are guests we've not been told of yet...

Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (175793)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on June 21st, 2007 @ 11:04am CDT
Forget Wierd Al... what about Kick Axe? They did 2 songs for the movie as well...

How come Kick Axe gets no love?
Re: Ernie Petragelo to be a Guest at Botcon. (176079)
Posted by Switchpoint on June 21st, 2007 @ 2:25pm CDT
Dunno if there are any left, but it'd be worth a shot for those of you who don't have the disc....

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY
Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie JETFIRE legends class SR-71 BLACKBIRD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg15 Night Bird Shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars AIR RAID Generations BRAND NEW UNOPENED with COMIC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MechFansToys MF-0 Megatron Hot Soldiers Optimus Prime Lot G1 Legend" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RiD Ratchet Deluxe Class MOC 2011 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY