Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer

Transformers News: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer

Saturday, October 14th, 2017 11:22PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 35,581

The past couple days have been rich with leaks from the upcoming Transformers Power of the Primes line, all surprisingly from different sources. We have yet another batch of leaked assets today, this time featuring art work of Elita One, Moonracer, and Inferno's robot mode. We also get a look at what seems to be a scan of the instructions for Volcanicus, the Dinobot combiner, as well as Elita One's collector card.

Take a look at the images below and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more Power of the Primes news!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

These come to us from Weibo.
Credit(s): Weibo
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916596)
Posted by Kurona on October 14th, 2017 @ 11:35pm CDT
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916598)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 14th, 2017 @ 11:38pm CDT
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916600)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 14th, 2017 @ 11:48pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I thought Inferno was to be a retool of Hot Spot, not Onslaught. Look at the shoulders.

Yeah, but look at the back. Looks like a bit of both. Possibly some added parts for the Enigma of Combination and Prime Masters.
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916601)
Posted by Qwan on October 14th, 2017 @ 11:58pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Elita looks bloody incredible! Lean and imposing with a lot of bulk behind her. If there was any direct Transformers counterpart for 'toned' this would be it. ... I just hope it translates as well to the toy.

Totally agreed. If the toy ends up looking like her depiction in the art it'll be an instabuy from me. Admittedly, my expectations are tempered by the knowledge that she's being retooled (or even redecoed if worst comes to worst) from the Puffmaster himself, but hopefully they'll find a way to shave off that extra ballooniness from the mold for this iteration. Put me down as tentatively hopeful :D
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916605)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on October 15th, 2017 @ 12:36am CDT
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916607)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 15th, 2017 @ 12:55am CDT
Qwan wrote:

her arms look way different than statscreams so stay hopeful ;)^
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916608)
Posted by Randomhero on October 15th, 2017 @ 12:57am CDT
Qwan wrote:

She's got to be able to combine and support limbs so don't put your expectations to the point of being improbable also don't be relying on art work. Abominus isn't going to look like that art. He won't have the monster heads on the legs, his chest is not one solid piece and the tail on the back is incorrect. It's art mimicking the original toy and model.

Same as volcanicus, his art proportions do not look like th toy.

The truth is the artist who drew them was given pictures and designs and they drew it, with Elita they were told "it's a Starscream retool as elite one" and I guarantee the artist made it by looking up pictures of elita from the cartoon and given pictures of Starscreams toy

I mean honestly, look at moonracer. That’s the cartoon model. She doesn’t look like her toy at all.
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916611)
Posted by Qwan on October 15th, 2017 @ 1:16am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Qwan wrote:

Same as volcanicus, his art proportions do not look like th toy.

Also true, but given that Pyra Magna (using probably the second- or third-best torso mold in CW) looked perfectly feminine enough to me I wouldn't put it out of the question. Artistic liberties aside, all I really need is for them to retool those forearms - they're looking better on Starscream as time goes by but I still wouldn't call them "good", so if they can drop those down to adequate litheness that's all I'd really need to consider buying her.

Totally agreed with the point about artistic liberties in this line as a whole, though. The art has, so far, been a pretty bad indicator of what the toys are gonna look like. Still, one can only hope that the as-yet unseen toys will end up closer to their super-nice-looking art than the ones that we've seen both for so far.
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916613)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 15th, 2017 @ 1:37am CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Doesn't even read as Elita to me. More like puffy Starscream trying to disguise as Elita like some bad cosplay. Moonracer art looks ok but she always had a pretty bland design to begin with.
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916614)
Posted by Randomhero on October 15th, 2017 @ 1:40am CDT
I don’t think you’ll be getting much of retooling in the arms. The way people found out Starscream was a combiner was because he has combiner ports in the arms so Elita will probably have the same arms but different hands.

I think the extent of retooling will be like Pyra Magna. New head, chest, hands with new feet and thighs maybe. Those lower legs and arms needs to be the same to support limbs.

Like I said let’s not get too crazy with the art. Titans return Chromedome Nautuca and Kup are great examples of their art not reflecting the final product.
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916619)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 15th, 2017 @ 3:41am CDT
They might get lazy and do a fire convoy out of Inferno, I'm still hoping for the autobot rescue force out of liokaiser though it's not likely to happen or be some uber exclusive that I'll never get.
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916620)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 15th, 2017 @ 3:54am CDT
Screenshot_20171015-095249.png

I wouldn't mind one ;)
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916623)
Posted by Munkky on October 15th, 2017 @ 4:56am CDT
The artwork probably has taken a few creative liberties with the designs, that Elita art is nice of course, but I'm not expecting the final product to look exactly like it. I'm guessing she'll keep Starscream's Popeye arms for the Combiner ports.
I do wonder if Starscream, Elita and Inferno will get their own dedicated Combiner limbs as the line goes on, or if Volcanicus and Abominus will be the only proper teams. Also, it won't happen, but part of me wishes a Nexus Prime Combiner would happen in wave 5 or 6. It would be easy enough to do with existing moulds.
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916628)
Posted by Prowl4 on October 15th, 2017 @ 5:48am CDT
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916629)
Posted by Burn on October 15th, 2017 @ 5:58am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:I think inferno is a missed opportunity to include heatwave and the other rescue bots in chug. It'd be cool to get those characters.

Now that's a damn good idea!
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916632)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 15th, 2017 @ 6:57am CDT
Autobot Roadburn wrote:Aw, was kind of hoping it would be Beast Wars Inferno before I saw the pictures. No glory for the colony today.
You haven't heard? John Warden considers Beast Wars "too obscure" for this brand.

No joke.
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916637)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on October 15th, 2017 @ 7:50am CDT
Yeah, inferno is an odd one. Doesn't look bad, but I do get the feeling it was "hey, who can we use a fire engine for?". The idea of using it instead as fire convoy/rid prime and then having the torso homage omega prime would have been very neat, expecting some shapeways heads to show up for that purpose.

Elita looks sensational, I really hope they nail her buff look as much as it seems like they will. If anything, the odd proportions for starscream (a weedy, conniving figure) might better suit elita (a stone cold badass). The only question is, how long before I take an xacto or something to the side of her helmet? I was really hoping that if the combined form had the full head, her individual robot mode would have the iconic battle damage, but it seems like I'm outta luck there.

Finally, a definitely-very-serious-and-important-question: last time around we had HandFootGuns, or HFGs. What does that make these then? HandHeelspurArmours/HHAs? I'm clutching at straws here, someone help me out :lol:
(And yes, I think the colouration of dreadwind's is deliberately meant to evoke the powermaster rather than just a tacked on black blob. Perhaps also to allow integration to the combined jet and hence bulk it up a little?)
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916642)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 15th, 2017 @ 8:04am CDT
I love how the bios for the Prime Masters tell us to "imagine" the powers at work. You just know if they didn't someone would try to sue Hasbro for selling a toy that can't actually control time.
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916644)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 15th, 2017 @ 8:22am CDT
I get the feeling Inferno was made because he was yet another one of the 1984-1985 Autobot Cars that were being made into Combiners in CW. The TCC prose story "Lively Pursuit" strongly implied that Inferno was to have been the torso of one more Hasbro CW Combiner that never got released called Firestormer, whose limbs would have consisted of four other unreleased-at-retail-the-time 1984-1985 Autobot Cars: Hoist (CW Trailbreaker's pretool), Ratchet (who saw release only as the BotCon 2016 custom class figure), Bluestreak (who only saw release in the TFSS), and Sideswipe (a potential straight redeco of CW Breakdown).

That Inferno gets to see the light of day at all, let alone as a mass retail Hasbro release two-three years after the line he was developed for has ended, is a bit remarkable.
Re: Even More Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks: Inferno, Elita One, Moonracer (1916659)
Posted by Prowl4 on October 15th, 2017 @ 10:35am CDT
Burn wrote:

Now that's a damn good idea!

They would be a small bridge from rescue bot fans to chug fans then and they already are known through their tv series and IDW could certainly expand upon them. I'm just surprised hasbro don't see these angles rather than constantly reverting to characters not really seen since g1.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "Transformers 2018 Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Quick Dig Boulder New" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan Morbot Action Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Arctic Rescue Boulder  New!" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Quick Dig Boulder Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FOC Grimlock Voyager Class 100% Complete Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Hasbro Transformers Rescue Bot SALVAGE Garbage Truck" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations FOC Deluxe SWINDLE MOSC Sealed New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations FOC Deluxe VORTEX MOSC Sealed New" on EBAY