IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller

IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller

Monday, April 18th, 2016 4:56pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 27,258

Courtesy of Newsarama.com and following the announcement of the More Than Meets The Eye ROM the spaceknight exclusive cover, we now have our look at the ROM-themed variant cover for IDW's The Transformers 55! The cover features Casey Coller's interpretation of ROM in the Transformers universe. It is important to note that ROM has nothing to do with the ongoing and this is just an advertisement for the legendary Spaceknight as he returns to comic pages... or is it?

Transformers #55

John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
ALL HAIL OPTIMUS—CONCLUSION! GALVATRON vs. SOUNDWAVE vs. ARCEE vs. COSMOS vs. OPTIMUS PRIME vs. humanity!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers #55—ROM Variant
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
· The war for Earth extends to outer space!
· Ultimate victory—or final defeat? Or... both?
· Setting the stage for TITANS RETURN—and beyond!
• Part of IDW’s month-long variant cover program, celebrating the return of ROM!
• Variant cover by Carlos Valenzuela!

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers 55 Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Newsarama

Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1782472)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 18th, 2016 @ 7:00pm CDT
Can IDW use the Dire Wraiths, a deviant branch of Skrullkind as the main enemies again?
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1782503)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 18th, 2016 @ 9:25pm CDT
I would doubt it, but I'm not sure the last one they saw hem was? Seems like it might have been an issue of Thor or the X-Men.
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789240)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2016 @ 3:39am CDT

Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789256)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 13th, 2016 @ 5:05am CDT
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789278)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 13th, 2016 @ 7:36am CDT
some very cool art up in this.
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789313)
Posted by MrBlack on May 13th, 2016 @ 9:36am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:He also said Issue 55 is going to be very special to him. I wonder why :-? :MAXIMAL:

He mentioned on Twitter last week that he's been offered a "great opportunity" and was wondering whether to take it.

https://twitter.com/glovestudios/status ... 7379083265
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789322)
Posted by galvatron00 on May 13th, 2016 @ 9:56am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:In addition to the ROM the Spaceknight variant cover, IDW artist Andrew Griffith has shared the coloured artwork for his own cover (with Josh Burcham) for the conclusion of the All Hail Optimus arc, The Transformers #55. Check it out mirrored below!

I'm still surprised we haven't gotten a Soundwave based on this design. The FoC voyager was close, but some re-tooling could've made him this!

Anyone else a big fan of the comics lately? Just me? :(
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789325)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2016 @ 10:00am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:

Anyone else a big fan of the comics lately? Just me? :(

There were rumours of having Soundwave wear the OP/Motormaster CW mold, but with the TR leader class toy coming out, I doubt that'll ever come to fruition. :/

Shame, I really like Barber/Griffith's Soundwave, too.
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789326)
Posted by MrBlack on May 13th, 2016 @ 10:01am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:

Anyone else a big fan of the comics lately? Just me? :(

I like where ex-RID has been heading. All the characters seem very three-dimensional in their motivations, and Galvatron is a great villain. I've really been enjoying the focus on Arcee, as well as watching Optimus Prime head down a pretty dark path.
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789327)
Posted by galvatron00 on May 13th, 2016 @ 10:15am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:There were rumours of having Soundwave wear the OP/Motormaster CW mould, but with the TR leader class toy coming out, I doubt that'll ever come to fruition. :/

Shame, I really like Barber/Griffith's Soundwave, too.
I've been hoping that was a possibility for a while. Also, you forgot the "u" in "mold" so I added it :lol: AND, watched your upload to the Seibertron YouTube for Titans Return at BotCon, nice job!

MrBlack wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:Anyone else a big fan of the comics lately? Just me? :(

I'm a big fan of Galvatron, who would've thought he wouldn't like the Enigma of Combination. It's a great tactical advantage but it isn't pure to him. Wow. His one-liner about being worried that Optimus was a "Prime in name only" was nice :lol:
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789329)
Posted by galvatron00 on May 13th, 2016 @ 10:31am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Image

Did I miss something?
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789334)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2016 @ 10:48am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:

Shame, I really like Barber/Griffith's Soundwave, too.

Yo honor me with that wonderfl comment. ;)

itscramtastic wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Image

Did I miss something?

That is an incentive variant cover promoting the new ROM the SpaceKnight series from IDW - not an actual crossover (not yet, anyway). :D
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789335)
Posted by MrBlack on May 13th, 2016 @ 10:50am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Image

Did I miss something?

Variant cover to celebrate the new ROM the Spaceknight series. Has nothing to do with the content of the issue.
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789338)
Posted by galvatron00 on May 13th, 2016 @ 10:55am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:AND, watched your upload to the Seibertron YouTube for Titans Return at BotCon, nice job!
Yo honor me with that wonderfl comment. ;)
Bt of corse! :lol:
MrBlack wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:Seeing this cover, I thought it was Blackrock/Onyx in full mech form. Is he going by ROM now? Did I miss something?
You see where I'm going though, right? WHAT IF BLACKROCK IS ROM!!
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789339)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2016 @ 10:55am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
Yo honor me with that wonderfl comment. ;)
Bt of corse! :lol:
MrBlack wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
You see where I'm going though, right? WHAT IF BLACKROCK IS ROM!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789341)
Posted by galvatron00 on May 13th, 2016 @ 10:58am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
Yo honor me with that wonderfl comment. ;)
Bt of corse! :lol:
MrBlack wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
You see where I'm going though, right? WHAT IF BLACKROCK IS ROM!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Fixed that for you too. :lol:
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789342)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2016 @ 10:59am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:You see where I'm going though, right? WHAT IF BLACKROCK IS ROM!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Fixed that for you too. :lol:

In all seriousness, I'd really rather they didn't. There's a whole bunch of mythology to play around with before forcing a crossover that, right now, really would not work. :(
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789343)
Posted by galvatron00 on May 13th, 2016 @ 11:02am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Fixed that for you too. :lol:
I need to find out who this ROM is. Searching the webs.
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1789344)
Posted by galvatron00 on May 13th, 2016 @ 11:08am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Fixed that for you too. :lol:
I need to find out who this ROM is. Searching the webs.
Interesting. Still think he's Blackrock :lol:
Re: IDW The Transformers 55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Casey Coller (1806676)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 18th, 2016 @ 10:02pm CDT
Apples iTunes has provided us with our next preview, and it is for Transformers 55! The 3 page preview shows off Galvatron beating up some people, Arcee flying in to combat him, and some interesting interaction between some cassettes and Cosmos. Check out the preview and comment below!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2013 MACHINE WARS SUNSTORM #A" on EBAY