In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor

In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor

Sunday, November 21st, 2021 7:22am CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,835

PrimevsPrime has a review up for Transformers Studio Series 86 deluxe Perceptor. This gives us a preview of the figure and our first in hand look. We have images for you to check out below. He is quite the sizable deluxe figure, from what you will see. This toy has been available for a while at a variety of online retailers for preordering and is still available. He is due out in Q2 of 2022.

Transformers News: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor

Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121511)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on November 21st, 2021 @ 8:57am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I love how people are treating pvp as if he was the one who personally went into the factory :lol:

My question about it would always be why Hasbro isn't seemingly doing anything about it. Correct me if I'm wrong but they could always go after the youtube videos via copyright strikes/ demonetisation. Yet they never do anything, almost like corporate hasbro don't care, even if some within the ranks do.

A point that stand is that too often, the video review can only be INCOMPLETE because of the lack of instructions and even some accessories in some cases.
So, I cannot consider these as "reviews" but I can consider them as LEAKS. Instead of rumors and pictures that get leaked, it's the toy itself.

So if Hasbro would be consistent to prevent the "thefts", they should also go after ALL kinds of leakers. But we all know that Hasbro is too smart to do that because leakers are the "secret marketing team" that works for free.
:-B

That's been my belief for a while :lol:

I think Hasbro employees are sincere in their complaints about leaks during the official reveal livestreams. Hasbro doesn't need a "secret marketing team" when they have an actual marketing team. There are other industries that are incredibly protective of leaks, like the movie and game industries, but the knowledge is rigidly protected by NDAs and more compartmentalization of the information. Deals on external IP often extend these requirements throughout the production chain with potential penalties, so there can be explicit financial incentives to control the reveals.

Lego historically has been much better than other toy companies at keeping things under wraps, but their production process is more tightly managed than the big companies. The other major tools that Lego used in the past were things like watermarking catalogs and punishing media partners who published materials, but they have recently permitted media partners to cover leaks more openly, probably in part in response to the rise of YouTubers and others who get the info out there anyway. As for copyright / demonetization, I'm not a lawyer but I don't think they could. To my knowledge, physical objects don't have image rights, the media does. So if a Hasbro marketing video leaked, they could take that down, but if someone unaffiliated shoots their own video, that's the property of the person who filmed it. Box art images could be protected, but it would be difficult and counterproductive for Hasbro to take action against some people for their use and not others after they're released.

I'm an Occam's Razor guy, and in this case I think there's a very simple explanation: it takes a lot of effort and expense to limit leaks, and toy companies have limited tools available. If Hasbro could easily shut them down, they would, but their legal, marketing, and production teams have other priorities.

Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121513)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 21st, 2021 @ 9:14am CST

As to why the debate, who knows? Especially after people are told time and time again to drop it.

However, hopefully this new format can see the end of it.
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121515)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on November 21st, 2021 @ 9:27am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I wouldn't be so sure regarding copyright, after all they did managed to successfully manage to derail the not-unicron 3rd party figure that was revealed, like a couple of days after, HasLab Unicron was launched (though the theory there was that they wanted to make an example of them because of the timing,as that same toy eventually did get released, just later then planned).

However, hopefully this new format can see the end of it.

I thought about that Unicron case too. I never watched the video so I have no idea what the infringing material could have been. I don't think video images of an unlicensed toy based on protected IP, but in any event, I think it's a special case that's not a clean precedent for unreleased Hasbro toys. Hasbro could certainly file a complaint, but would it be upheld? Would it obligate them to go after all toy reviewers or risk being accused of not consistently enforcing copyright, which has broader legal implications? It's not what they can do, it's what they can do without prohibite effort and cost. Certainly going after YTers at all could have a potentially chilling effect on the rest of the community, even those who play by the rules. There are many types of costs to consider.
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121518)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 21st, 2021 @ 10:14am CST
Ip law seems to be vague and complicated, it's come up a lot on my other hobby, as well as discussions of its impact on the community (in that case youtube videos were removed and a series on there stopped out of fear of reprisals)
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121520)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on November 21st, 2021 @ 10:37am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:I see the thief PVP put a review up for Perceptor.. Gotta love those reviews with stolen figs.

WILL YOU SHUT THE FU

Cyber Bishop wrote:He doesn't have the instructions??

Goddamit... #-o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121526)
Posted by Moonshot on November 21st, 2021 @ 10:59am CST

Also someone out there please put out a kit for 86' Kup. I would really like a new head with a better face sculpt. Preferably an IDW cygar one.
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121530)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on November 21st, 2021 @ 11:23am CST
Moonshot wrote:I absolutely love this Perceptor figure. The Titans Return one was ok, but left me wanting for a better one. As one of my main top fav characters, its important to me to have a great Perceptor and this is it. Of course I wish it had forearm covers and a cover on his back, but Im sure a kit will be made.

Agreed on all of this

Hopefully some kits surface with IDW heads for Kup, Perceptor, and Kingdom Cyclonus, and their respective weapons
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121535)
Posted by cruizerdave on November 21st, 2021 @ 1:09pm CST
Eh. I actually still like the Titans Return version better.
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121537)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on November 21st, 2021 @ 1:22pm CST
Sowndwave76 wrote:I'll definitely be looking for an upgrade kit for this guy.
But for the most part, I think his bot mode is very on point...
I appreciate that he has his original alt mode, and at the same time, this is a reminder as to why a vehicle mode has been used in the past... "Playing" with a microscope that doesn't really work or do anything isn't exactly the most exciting feature.

While it probably doesn't need to work, I don't think it would have been that expensive to make it work as a person can buy relatively cheap microscope set in the toy section as it is for $30-40. So to add a couple lenses in his scope couldn't have cost more than $4 at most.

That said, how many people plan to ever use it as a functional microscope anyways? lol
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121538)
Posted by william-james88 on November 21st, 2021 @ 1:43pm CST
AcademyofDrX wrote:

Thank you, yes, let's move on.

That pic with Hot Rod is very telling of the current reality where size is no longer as relevant in the class distinction, its all about parts count/complexity now.
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121539)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 21st, 2021 @ 1:46pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:

Thank you, yes, let's move on.

It always has been. Otherwise Armada Tidal Wave, Animated Lockdown and Battle Blade Bumblebee would be a Class higher.
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121541)
Posted by william-james88 on November 21st, 2021 @ 1:50pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:

Thank you, yes, let's move on.

But you didnt have shorter bots being a class higher, that element is new.
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121543)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 21st, 2021 @ 1:52pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:

Thank you, yes, let's move on.

But you didnt have shorter bots being a class higher, that element is new.
Beast Machines Megatron was Deluxe height sold as a Mega because of his wings.
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121544)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 21st, 2021 @ 1:55pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:

Thank you, yes, let's move on.

But you didnt have shorter bots being a class higher, that element is new.

Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121545)
Posted by sol magnus on November 21st, 2021 @ 2:30pm CST

Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:

Thank you, yes, let's move on.

But you didnt have shorter bots being a class higher, that element is new.

The 86 movie Autobots were always somewhat larger than the average 84-85 Autobot, there's nothing wrong with the scale.
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121546)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 21st, 2021 @ 2:42pm CST
sol magnus wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:Yeah, scale did mess things up. Originally they were catered to packaging size it looks like, but now...

Messed things up as in going from "How big should he be to fit in the box" to "it costs this much to make him this correct size, what price point should we put him in". :lol:
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121553)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on November 21st, 2021 @ 3:50pm CST
Till-all-R1 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:I'll definitely be looking for an upgrade kit for this guy.
But for the most part, I think his bot mode is very on point...

Yeah, my point is while other characters race off as a vehicle, jet, or animal, as part of almost any scenario a kid could make up, a microscope in general isn't that fun to play with.
On top of that, I'll add it's not exactly some sweet display piece.
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121554)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 21st, 2021 @ 4:18pm CST
Sowndwave76 wrote:
Till-all-R1 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:I'll definitely be looking for an upgrade kit for this guy.
But for the most part, I think his bot mode is very on point...

On top of that, I'll add it's not exactly some sweet display piece.

But that was the fun of adding Microchange toys to the line :lol:

Though at least Blaster used to work as an am radio
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121559)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on November 21st, 2021 @ 5:48pm CST
AcademyofDrX wrote:I know why people call PvP a thief whenever he posts but I don't know why we need to have this debate every time in response.

Then maybe his videos need to not be posted anymore here, oh wait I remember who the site owner is, never mind it is all about the page clicks for the forums and what goes into his pocketbooks and his collection regardless the right or wrong of the situation (I was site admin for 7 years and know all kinds of dirty secrets and one is the reason I stepped away).

william-james88 wrote:
Thank you, yes, let's move on.

Yes lets move along now, I will most certainly buy Perceptor immediately on sight as he is damn near perfect IMHO. But that's just me
Re: In hand Images for Studio Series 86 Perceptor (2121563)
Posted by Emerje on November 21st, 2021 @ 7:57pm CST
sol magnus wrote:Guess nobody noticed the repainted Arcee I can only assume is the Studio Series 86 version? Or a custom?

That's the Platinum Edition repaint of the Thrilling Thirty figure, the metallic paint makes it look dark instead of shiny in these photos.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Movie Wreckage loose Deluxe 2007 incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Repugnus Revenge & Pesticons New" on EBAY
Buy "BLACK FRIDAY SALE 5.99 STARTING BID ALL Transformers Cyberverse Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "BLACK FRIDAY SALE 5.99 STARTING BID ALL Transformers Cyberverse Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Revenge of the Fallen RotF Stalker Scorponok Deluxe Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Prime Arms Micron Jet Vehicon Deluxe Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix 3-Pack Hotlink Heartburn Heatstroke" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Wreckage Deluxe 2007 w/ Swords Great Condition " on EBAY