New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat!

New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat!

Saturday, August 15th, 2009 10:03pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Delicon   Views: 22,716

Seibertron.com member Real Devastator has alerted us to a special site update from Takara-Tomy. In the Masterpiece section they have posted images of the upcoming MP-08x King Grimlock. However, they also have uploaded an excerpt of the May 1986 Transformers issue #28 Marvel comic which features Grimlock in his "royal" role.

We have mirrored these images for your convenience.

Re: Takara updated website with MP8x King Grimlock - 1986 May issue Comic for viewing

You may visit Takara-Tomy's page here.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): capellamusic, Real Devastator, Takara-Tomy

This article was last modified on Saturday, August 15th, 2009 11:45pm CDT

Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974694)
Posted by Bouncy X on August 15th, 2009 @ 10:36pm CDT
gotta love cheesy comics from the 80s. lol
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974714)
Posted by capellamusic on August 15th, 2009 @ 11:20pm CDT
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974722)
Posted by Mach on August 15th, 2009 @ 11:36pm CDT
capellamusic wrote:It's curious that I had submitted this news about 1.5-2 weeks ago about this update on the TakaraTomy Transformers site and no one cared.

Is that so? Sorry then, i missed that! But from what i know, they just put up this page maybe the most few days ago...

As for update on TT regarding King Grimlock, indeed was 1-2weeks ago. However the page with comic is only recent. (Is different webpages)
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974724)
Posted by capellamusic on August 15th, 2009 @ 11:38pm CDT
Real Devastator wrote:

Is that so? Sorry then, i missed that! But from what i know, they just put up the page maybe the most few days ago...

I can't be precise about when I submitted this news, I even forgot about it until I saw this now. I didn't post it on the forum, I used the link you guys have on the site on the last option of the news menu above. So, someone must have received that at the time. It must have been at least 1 week.

About the comic I do remember pretty well it had at least 1 page already in that button they placed there. If it had the 12 pages then I didn't notice there were 12, I just saw 1 page of it at the time.
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974728)
Posted by Mach on August 15th, 2009 @ 11:41pm CDT
Usually i post it here in the forum.... Maybe u can do so in the future.
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974732)
Posted by capellamusic on August 15th, 2009 @ 11:43pm CDT
Real Devastator wrote:Usually i post it here in the forum.... Maybe u can do so in the future.

I thought that since you have that link on the news menu that the "common" users like me that aren't part of the staff should use it instead of creating new threads on the forum...
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974735)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 15th, 2009 @ 11:46pm CDT

Regardless, thanks to you both for helping us out.
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974792)
Posted by UltraPrimal on August 16th, 2009 @ 1:31am CDT
After reading comic page: "ME, Grimlock, pretty princess! Now that me have crown, Bumblebee and Blaster need to help Grimlock pick out pretty dress for tea party."
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974835)
Posted by Longbridge on August 16th, 2009 @ 3:55am CDT
This might be worth getting for the box alone; i don't know why but there's something really classy about it.
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974855)
Posted by bigbadbello on August 16th, 2009 @ 5:12am CDT
I am so pissed that they will issue this better looking version. I spend 125 euros getting the "first" MP-08 Grimlock and this new X-edition is looking better.

Why don't they do this right frist time around? Same goes with some of the universe figures...

This is really annoying me. I any one else having this same "problem"
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974874)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on August 16th, 2009 @ 7:22am CDT
I read through that comic not too long ago.
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974879)
Posted by Zeds on August 16th, 2009 @ 7:29am CDT
Starting to grow on me.
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (974895)
Posted by Torneira on August 16th, 2009 @ 8:39am CDT
He is just too expensive. I already have the normal MP-8 version and that is good enough for me.
Re: New images of MP-08x King Grimlock plus a special treat! (975041)
Posted by capellamusic on August 16th, 2009 @ 12:39pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:I added capellamusic to the creds. He did submit this, I clearly remember it, but I only remember it being images we had basically already seen, so that is why I chose not to post it. The others may have felt similarly.

Regardless, thanks to you both for helping us out.

Thank you, I wrote not because of not being on the credits (but although it's nice I don't mind about it too much), but because I was feeling ignored since I had submitted those news before, no one posted them and then 2 weeks later someone else posts the news and was left thinking it was not worth it to spend the time if no one cared when I did it.

Maybe you didn't see the comic at the time, but I am 100% sure it was there, at least the 1st page was because I remember it pretty well, although I thought it was only 1 page at the time. What I think is that when I submitted the news I didn't mention anything about the comic and just said that they updated the site with the new masterpiece MP-8x King Grimlock plus the link. So, maybe you didn't notice the comic at that time, but I assure you it was there since then.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY