Monday, October 26th, 2020 4:30pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 50,583

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron users, First Gen and Dominus Prime, have let us know that a user by the name of Shentu Toybox, over on the Chinese social media site Weibo, has photos of the forthcoming Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak!

Here is a selection of the photos offered, follow the link to see more!

Transformers News: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak

This Voyager Class Soundwave is a retool of Siege Voyager Class Soundwave, allowing him to resume his Tape Deck alt mode from the Generation 1 toyline/cartoon series. It's been pointed out by fellow Seibertron user, Wolfman Jake that the vestigal landing gear from the Siege alt mode on the arms now serve a new purpose by filling out the back of the new alt mode and allow the arms to snap in securely.

Ravage and Lazerbeak have also been slightly retooled and redeco'ed to better resemble their earth mode (most evident is Lazerbeaks head).

What do you think of these images? Will you be picking up this version of the iconic Decepticon? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Shentu Toybox on Weibo

Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085254)
Posted by Quantum Surge on October 26th, 2020 @ 4:39pm CDT
I can only hope to find this and Bumblebee if things go smoothly in terms of finding them in-person. I don't want to face the same fate that happened with Beewun Prime and Siege Skywarp.
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085258)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 26th, 2020 @ 7:59pm CDT
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085261)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 26th, 2020 @ 8:33pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:On secon thought, that's a Soundwave I can live without. Especially with the horrible back in tapedeck mode. Having the G1, the MP, and the Siege, that Netflix ER don't bring anything new.
I also have the G1, MP and Siege, and I will be getting this and selling the Siege version. The back of this one in tape deck mode doesn't bother me, as he'll always be facing forward on the shelf no matter which mode he's in. I was never really over for the Siege version, but it was better than nothing. And this one is better than the Siege one so it'll be picked up if I see it in store.
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085263)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 26th, 2020 @ 8:52pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:

"Better" in the sense that if you want the most "G1" Generations Soundwave ever. On that perspective, it is the best, no doubt.

But for me, the Siege is "better" because he have his G1 bot mode while having a very original spaceship mode. That make him stand out. And if I want a tapedeck mode, I can always buy that upgrade kit. It's unfortunately quite expensive though.

I will not buy online with shipping and extra fees. But if I find that Netflix Soundwave live in store, it will be very hard to not impulse buy him.
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085265)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on October 26th, 2020 @ 10:12pm CDT
The landing gear on the forearms still bugs me, especially when that plastic could've been used for panels to avoid hollow forearms.
I think the figure overall looks incredibly good...
I don't think this is the best we'll get for a G1 styled figure, but then I keep questioning, how long will it be before we get a non-gimmick, G1 Soundwave that's better than this?
And I'm so happy with my MP version, I don't know if I'm going to wait around much more for the "next better version". As I've said before, it's getting to that point for some of these other characters as well.

If you're willing, humor me and share your opinions on how soon we'll get better versions of some of these G1 characters. Oh, and I mean versions that are gimmick-free with the goal of G1, cartoon accurate appearances.
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085269)
Posted by Deadput on October 26th, 2020 @ 11:23pm CDT
Don't know if I can sell him but I would absolutely sell the Siege version and get this while keeping Siege Soundblaster since those two being distinct from each other in ways besides paint will be nice especially since Soundblaster has been becoming more of his own character recently instead of an upgraded Soundwave.

While it's on my mind the "spaceship" mode that the Siege mold has becomes more cool to me when I imagine it more as a hovercraft that floats/hovers using "soundwaves" for transportation and I like Soundwave more as a ground vehicle anyways, I do the same thing with the Siege Reflector ship mode but with "lightrays" instead of sound.
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085278)
Posted by optimeow on October 27th, 2020 @ 3:24am CDT
ER Soundwave looks great but I already have the Siege version. Saving my money for Kingdom and 86 Studio Series :-D
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085279)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 27th, 2020 @ 4:11am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

And that's what I want.
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085282)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 27th, 2020 @ 4:59am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:But it's not really his G1 bot mode, because there's no tape deck parts showing due to his alt mode being something other than a tape deck. :-D

Oh yeah. This give more points to the Siege for his Cybertronian mode. He could also work as Bee Movie Soundwave I think. But if they ever make a SS BM Soundwave, I wonder what he'll look like. Especially in altmode.
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085283)
Posted by Deadput on October 27th, 2020 @ 6:29am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

SS Bee Soundwave would just be another Boom-Box.
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085284)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 27th, 2020 @ 6:32am CDT
Deadput wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

SS Bee Soundwave would just be another Boom-Box.

On CYBERTRON?
That would make absolutely no sense.
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085287)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 27th, 2020 @ 7:57am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Deadput wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

SS Bee Soundwave would just be another Boom-Box.

On CYBERTRON?
That would make absolutely no sense.

Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085289)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 27th, 2020 @ 8:16am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I think that if they ever did a Cybertronian mode Soundwave from the Bumblebee movie, his alt mode would be similar to the War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron version.

That would be the most logical choice.plus the wheels can easily hide in the bot mode with the right transformation scheme.
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085290)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 27th, 2020 @ 8:18am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

That would be the most logical choice, plus the wheels can easily hide in the bot mode with the right transformation scheme.

Exactly, plus no doubt fans could put together a fan mode for his tape deck alt that he never took in the movie :lol:
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085291)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 27th, 2020 @ 8:54am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Exactly as they did for the original deluxe WFC toy. It was so good that the fan mode was officialised in the sequel, FoC. ;)^
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085292)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 27th, 2020 @ 8:59am CDT
Here is the thing for me with Soundwave and any potential Blaster retool. I really don't need a tape deck alt mode anymore.

This feeling really started for me in Titans Return, where I would put the whole line out on my pool table for a battle. Then convert them all to alt modes so they could charge each other. Then realize that a boom box can't do crap in this scene, so I had to load Blaster onto Fort Max and Soundwave onto Trypticon. Then it hit me, a tape deck is a really dumb alt mode for the year 2020.

So as meh as Siege Soundwave's space barge might be, it is still more fun for me personally that a tape deck.
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085293)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2020 @ 9:12am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Deadput wrote:SS Bee Soundwave would just be another Boom-Box.

On CYBERTRON?
That would make absolutely no sense.
Even Cybertronains dig good tunes.

Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085297)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 27th, 2020 @ 9:49am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Deadput wrote:SS Bee Soundwave would just be another Boom-Box.

On CYBERTRON?
That would make absolutely no sense.
Even Cybertronains dig good tunes.

That was the bonus mode.

I would really dig a TRIPLE CHANGER Soundwave. Bot, cyber vehicle, kinda-boom-box.
Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085299)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2020 @ 9:53am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Deadput wrote:SS Bee Soundwave would just be another Boom-Box.

On CYBERTRON?
That would make absolutely no sense.
Even Cybertronains dig good tunes.

That was the bonus mode.
At least it made it into the game's Soundwave boss fight (at 0:23):

Re: New In-Hand Photos of Netflix Transformers Voyager Class Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak (2085304)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 27th, 2020 @ 10:21am CDT
WFC is the best Transformers game ever.
Too bad after FoC, it was over. :(

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Ultra Class Thunderhowl Action Figu" on EBAY
Buy "Cup Topper Transformers The Last Knight Bumblebee + Optimus Prime Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide 2016 Robot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Figures by Super 7 (Wave 1 Complete) Optimus, Megatron etc" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Subscription Service TFSS - COMBINER WRECKAGE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie Deluxe Wreckage Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Paradron Medics Ratchet and Lifeline" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise RATCHET & LIFELINE Paradron Medics 2-Pack MISB in USA" on EBAY