New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry

Transformers News: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry

Saturday, August 18th, 2018 2:31PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 22,285

Following their reveal at SDCC we've got some brand new pictures, and eBay listings of Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry!

Dropkick is from the forthcoming Bumblebee movie and is one of two main Decepticons in the film, and while in it he's a triple changer, going from a helicopter to a muscle car, here he's just a helicopter.

KSI Sentry is supposed to represent a generic KSI made transformer featured in the Age of Extinction. While there is no direct match in the movie, this is a redeco of Stinger, the red Bumblebee-like bot from the same film.

The eBay user who has listed both of these seems to have a limited quantity available but they should be hitting retail soon enough.

Are you looking forward to these new additions to the Studio Series line? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Credit(s): eBay

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979163)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 18th, 2018 @ 2:33pm CDT
Yeah, I like Sentry even if just mostly a red Stinger (which i like anyways). Dropkick looks a bit boring to me. A lil too much a bunch of rectangles in robot mode. He's one I think I'd need to see in store to know if I want to buy.

They have VW Bee too. https://www.ebay.com/itm/401579208595 11 sold, 1 left
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979165)
Posted by Quantum Surge on August 18th, 2018 @ 2:45pm CDT
I'll skip Sentry until he's at discount. Dropkick can wait because I want to focus on Jazz, Lockdown, and Ironhide.
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979166)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 18th, 2018 @ 2:51pm CDT
ordered me a VW Bumblebee from this seller for £33.99. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153137510610
Yeeeah about £10 more than the shop price will be but I didn't get any Transformers for my birthday last Sunday and still waiting for my Ironhide pre-order from Kapow (whenever that officially comes out) so screw it. There ain't a whole lot other toys (or anything at all) catching my interest at moment anyways. I paid £30 for (sorta) early Lockdown and Jazz and was very happy with those. The others in this wave I'll wait til they in stores or discounted or whatevers.
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979167)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 18th, 2018 @ 2:56pm CDT
Nice! You'll have to share pictures when you get it :)
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979175)
Posted by NTESHFT on August 18th, 2018 @ 3:45pm CDT
Is Dropkick a new mold?.... I don't recall seeing this mode before.
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979177)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 18th, 2018 @ 3:46pm CDT
NTESHFT wrote:Is Dropkick a new mold?....
Absolutely.
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979181)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 18th, 2018 @ 3:54pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
NTESHFT wrote:Is Dropkick a new mold?....
Absolutely.

And like all Studio Series, it's licensed. Helicopter Mode Dropkick is a Bell AH-1 SuperCobra.
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979191)
Posted by Lokimus on August 18th, 2018 @ 5:17pm CDT
Please please pleeease Sideswipe. :PRAY:
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979201)
Posted by Short Circuit on August 18th, 2018 @ 7:59pm CDT
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979214)
Posted by william-james88 on August 18th, 2018 @ 10:01pm CDT
Short Circuit wrote:Just thought I’d point out; The KSI sentry is modeled after the Chevrolet Trax KSI robots, which also happen to look like stinger. Most of the Trax’s shown (such as the ones charging hound) were red, but there were ones of all colours (including blue) in the movie, so Hasbro just didn’t want a another red stinger with just a headswap.

Just curious, how do we know that? Is it the headsculpt? And how do we know their name?
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979221)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 19th, 2018 @ 12:04am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Nice! You'll have to share pictures when you get it :)

Will do though my pictures generally look cuh-rappy.
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979226)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on August 19th, 2018 @ 1:28am CDT

Incorrect, I saw the latter half of the movie again on tv a bit ago and all the Traxes were red, black, silver, and white, not a single blue Trax to be found. I commented on it already in this thread.

Dropkick looks great though, and I need him if for no other reason than his Jolly Roger decals.
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979233)
Posted by NTESHFT on August 19th, 2018 @ 6:07am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
NTESHFT wrote:Is Dropkick a new mold?....
Absolutely.

He looks great to me. I may get him to stand next to my Thundercracker... I need to get Blackout too
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979235)
Posted by Emerje on August 19th, 2018 @ 6:32am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Yes, it's the head sculpt, though that's the only thing the two have in common.

<!-- ia0 -->trax.JPG<!-- ia0 -->
But the name is unofficial, fans just attached the name to the character because of his/its alt mode and an interview that referred to the KSI Sentries as "Traxes" (which is the model of the car).

Emerje
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979255)
Posted by Ironhidensh on August 19th, 2018 @ 9:38am CDT
I don't know if its news worthy or not, but SS Lockdown is now on HTS. Its the first time I've seen it there.

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa ... 0?catName=
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979256)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 19th, 2018 @ 9:38am CDT
Drop kick could make a good Whirl
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979264)
Posted by Short Circuit on August 19th, 2018 @ 11:09am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:

My mistake, I could have sworn that there was at least one blue one in the scene with numerous trax’s in vehicle mode “ready for KSI to ship.” That blue looks like the blue they use on the real trac so meh :roll:

But yeah, IMO their bodies are preeeeeeety close to stinger’s body type so I see why Hasbro did it, but I would have loved a little Chevy trax to go with my Aveo Swerve. Oh well, more Paginis!
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979266)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 19th, 2018 @ 11:20am CDT
Short Circuit wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:

[size=50]
The Twins. 'Nuff said. *hides*[/size]

Studio Series being "nothing but the cast" pretty much went out the window with Thundercracker. "Cast and extras, the latter in any color" would be more apt.
Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979268)
Posted by Short Circuit on August 19th, 2018 @ 11:26am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:[size=50]
The Twins. 'Nuff said. *hides*[/size]

Yeah but they’re a preproduction Trax and Spark :lol: plus I was so put off by their robot designs I kinda ignored them when they were on the pegs. (Didn’t have a lot of cash for toys when ROTF was around either)

Re: New pictures and eBay listings for Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry (1979269)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 19th, 2018 @ 11:33am CDT
Short Circuit wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:[size=50]
The Twins. 'Nuff said. *hides*[/size]

You forgot the Beat ;) And me thinks they're following a "one robot form per model" to cut re-engineering costs. Can anyone put a Stinger in a Trax body effectively?

[quote]As a car guy I really wish for an alternators revivals with modern engineering. Human Alliance was great.[/quote]

I loved Alternators and Binaltech. Got even me into cars a little bit.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #207 - Through The Fargate
"Through The Fargate"
Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "4PC TRANSFORMERS 5 THE LAST KNIGHT OPTIMUS PRIME MEGATRON BUMBLEBEE SQWEEKS TOY" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O, TRANSFORMERS, BUMBLEBEE MINI KIT #31144, 2 IN 1 KIT,  75 PIECES, NIB" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O, TRANSFORMERS, OPTIMUS PRIME MINI KIT #31143, 2 IN 1 KIT,  90 PIECES, NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers God Fire Convoy Clear RID TRU Exclusive Optimus Prime Takara sealed" on EBAY
Buy "JADA TRANSFORMERS 2016 CHEVY CAMARO BUMBLEBEE 1:24 DIE CAST METAL" on EBAY
Buy "[Toys Hero] In Hand Transformers Iron Factory IF-EX14L IDW Nemesis Prime IFEX14L" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Megatron Deluxe  2011 Decepticon Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced AD-02 Evasion mode Optimus Prime Japan" on EBAY