Thursday, March 1st, 2012 1:51pm CST

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 69,252

Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe wave 2 introduces two new figures to the mix, Arcee and Ratchet. Arcee was preceded by a completely different "First Edition" mold, but this is the first version of Transformers Prime Ratchet in toy form. Check out the full high quality galleries by clicking any of the images or links below. Expect more Transformers Prime galleries in the days ahead, including the Starscream and Bumblebee Entertainment Pack and more "First Edition".

Ratchet (Deluxe Class)
Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise

Arcee (Deluxe Class)
Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise

Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1353938)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 1st, 2012 @ 2:09pm CST
What's Hasbro's problem with getting the color red correct?
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1353945)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 1st, 2012 @ 2:18pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:What's Hasbro's problem with getting the color red correct?

The same problem as with the color purple. Galvatron comes to mind :lol:
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1353961)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 1st, 2012 @ 2:34pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:What's Hasbro's problem with getting the color red correct?

The same problem as with the color purple. Galvatron comes to mind :lol:

I suppose with Arcee we can now add blue into the mix of incorrect colors. :lol:

No, but seriously Hasbro, your color selection for modern figures is getting worst. Get it straight or get it gone.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354003)
Posted by Poyguimogul on March 1st, 2012 @ 3:51pm CST
Ratchet looks bright and ugly.. NoTHX. Which is sad because it's a nice figure, just hideous colors.

On the subject of colors.. Blue Arcee isn't bad as you know it can be repurposed as Chromia.

But alas down the line (i.e. the not-to-distant future) we'll have blue arcee's, green ratchets, black ironhides, black prowls, (optimus and Bee, will be fine but..) everyone else will become a Skyfall or a Mudflap, or a Over-Run or a Downshift....
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354025)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 1st, 2012 @ 4:35pm CST
The red on Ratchet is a little bright, but I guess I'm coming to terms with the fact that TFs are just going to be less complex and painted now. It's still a decent toy, and the scalpels are pretty cool, so I'm getting it.

Excellent galleries as usual! :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354030)
Posted by --B-- on March 1st, 2012 @ 4:39pm CST
I am still curious if Kre-O Ratchet's head will fit on RID Prime Ratchet for a more Classics look.

Those simple head swaps never seem to work out for me, but you never know.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354034)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 1st, 2012 @ 4:46pm CST
if you remove the backpack "arcee" would be an ok display figure and ratchet needs alot of work but the basic idea is good. but on another note these guys are not worth $13, seen them in the stores yesterday and my god they're small and they look cheaply made too. Not to mention The packaging looks cheap too, hope these guys sit on shelves so hasbro will finally get this franchise back on track. If they dont its just going to end in the next few years. Small crappy made figures at high prices yeah that'll sell well. Its going to be DOTM all over again, they'll sell at first since its the first new stock in months but then itll die out and clog shelves. Only question i have now is since these guys are $13 how much are generations going to be?
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354103)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on March 1st, 2012 @ 7:59pm CST
I would love to get an Arcee in a legends class and display her with the others
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354159)
Posted by Seibertron on March 1st, 2012 @ 10:21pm CST
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354165)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on March 1st, 2012 @ 10:44pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:What's Hasbro's problem with getting anything correct?

Fixed
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354242)
Posted by Vicalliose on March 2nd, 2012 @ 9:10am CST
Hasbro's orangey red is actually kinda accurate, even if I don't like it, as Ratchet in the show is painted with two tone red/orange as far as I can tell. At least they painted in the windows, unlike the shopped images from a while back, and there aren't any huge holes on the side of his vehicle mode. :roll:
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354255)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 2nd, 2012 @ 9:57am CST
Seibertron wrote:The red on this figure looks fine. I think it has something to do with the differences of colors between our monitors. It looks good on my computer, but if your saturation levels aren't right on your computer monitor, the reds won't look proper. I've calibrated my monitor to make the colors look the best that I can, but some computers aren't capable of displaying colors properly. Some of the reds in my photographs look brownish on my wife's less expensive computer.

Final thoughts on Ratchet? I'm not liking the random Autobot symbol on the shoulder of the Takara version. This one is growing on me.
:BOT:
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354256)
Posted by DarkEnergon on March 2nd, 2012 @ 10:06am CST
To me, Ratchet looks like a bad Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper.

Arcee, I can't make up my mind about, I love her arms, head and torso, hate the blue, the wings, the backpack - if I see one I may snag it and compare to my FE.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354260)
Posted by nilocomic on March 2nd, 2012 @ 10:20am CST
Why are there photos of Arcee on a scale?
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354275)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 2nd, 2012 @ 10:47am CST
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354346)
Posted by Seibertron on March 2nd, 2012 @ 3:31pm CST
nilocomic wrote:Why are there photos of Arcee on a scale?

Noideaforaname wrote:What is up with the scale? Trying to show they have the same amount of plastic or something?

Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and Arcee (1354352)
Posted by nilocomic on March 2nd, 2012 @ 3:45pm CST
Seibertron wrote:I was demonstrating that her small toy weighs about the same as the First Edition version (they're both about 3 ounces). The large gun and huge backup makes up for the plastic difference that ends up being height on the FE version.

Okay, that makes sense. Nice job on the galleries, I'm now tempted to get RID Arcee! I like the switch to the darker background too.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S45 RUNG Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master Hasbro 2019 Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise BOMBSHOCK & GROWL SLITHERFANG RUNG Battle Masters" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager size Blaster (+Steeljaw) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Vorath & Mindwipe Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY