Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives

Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives

Friday, February 18th, 2011 12:26pm CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Rumors, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 133,622

For the past few weeks, the BotCon exclusives have been leaked one-by-one over the past month ... Transformers Animated Stunticons Dead End, Breakdown, Drag Strip, and Wildrider. A highly possible list of unannounced BotCon exclusives has been circulating the Internet and word-of-mouth for a few weeks now. I've heard the same information from multiple sources from around the globe. This marks the 4th time I've heard this list but I'm still considering all of this a huge rumor until we hear officially from BotCon. Make sure you keep checking back to find out if these figures are officially revealed from the BotCon folks at TransformersClub.com

My source also informed me that Toxitron would be this year's freebie, but considering the freebies in the past I would think this would be unlikely. Previous BotCons have had a scout or deluxe class sized figure as the freebie. Financially, it would most likely make more sense to continue with that tradition. It is also possible that Toxitron will be the custom class exclusive instead of the regular freebie, which would make a little more sense. Of course, it could be neither and just be one of the regular convention exclusives.

Is this list 100% accurate? Are there more? Less? Time will tell! Stay tuned for more details as they become available.

Credit(s): Various sources

This article was last modified on Friday, February 18th, 2011 1:12pm CST

Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183763)
Posted by sixsixty on February 18th, 2011 @ 12:37pm CST
What about Motormaster's scout car (Menasor's chest plate)?

Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183764)
Posted by Mkall on February 18th, 2011 @ 12:37pm CST
Only really interested in G2 Thundercracker and SG Galvatron.
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183765)
Posted by Mkall on February 18th, 2011 @ 12:39pm CST
sixsixty wrote:What about Motormaster's scout car (Menasor's chest plate)?

The colours of G2 Sideswipe are close to the Roller Car's...
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183766)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on February 18th, 2011 @ 12:48pm CST
Mkall wrote:
sixsixty wrote:What about Motormaster's scout car (Menasor's chest plate)?

The colours of G2 Sideswipe are close to the Roller Car's...

And that meshes with the Five/Six Member dicktease from the Twitter feed.

EDIT: Also, Ironfist from Swindle please. Not Ratchet. That mold isn't very good.
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183767)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 18th, 2011 @ 12:49pm CST
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183771)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 18th, 2011 @ 12:54pm CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:You consider this confirmed because you've heard if 4 times? Well color me optimistic that a 5th report totally contradicts the others, because I've been vehemently defending the Animated set, but if that's all we're getting outside the box, count me out. I know I should be following the Botcon storylines better, but this list seems to deviate too far from the appointed theme. Sure fans got pissed because Games of Deception finished up a Seeker set that should've been mass-released, but that sort of led to those CHUGUR Seekers getting mass-released later on. Since there's practically no chance of Hasbro making that happen for the other Animated Screamclones, why hold back on what every Animated fan has been clamoring for? Instead, the only possible Seeker this year is an obscure joke? One I admittedly find funny, but which will lead to the punch-line or TFA fans begging the Knock-Off companies to crank out the Starscream repaints all the official TF sources keep ignoring.

Consider me the 5th.
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183772)
Posted by Seibertron on February 18th, 2011 @ 12:56pm CST

It's not that I've heard it 4 times ... it's the four wildly different sources I've heard the rumor from. I changed that sentence to be less specific because this should be considered a rumor until BotCon makes their official announcements.
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183773)
Posted by --B-- on February 18th, 2011 @ 12:56pm CST
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183774)
Posted by Diem on February 18th, 2011 @ 1:01pm CST
Ironfist! *squee*
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183776)
Posted by Seibertron on February 18th, 2011 @ 1:05pm CST
--B-- wrote:Toxitron from the Classics Prime mold would be freakin sweet. I would definatly like one of those, but I would wager that it's the repaint class figure, since it is kinda out there.

I agree with you, --B--, and updated the story accordingly to mention this. Thanks!
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183777)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on February 18th, 2011 @ 1:08pm CST
Seibertron wrote:

Too complicated. Any more than a deluxe and there is no way you'd finish it in time. I'm predicting Chromia/Flare Up/Paradron Medic.
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183778)
Posted by Diem on February 18th, 2011 @ 1:11pm CST
Okay so we got Pyro last year, this year we're getting Ironfist, hopefully we can get Rotorstorm from Energon Bulkhead and Snipe from Generations Thunderwing to complete the set of euro-guys from LSOTW.
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183782)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 18th, 2011 @ 1:40pm CST
All I have to say about some of these color combos is...What happened in G2 should've STAYED in G2! Between the Stunticons and Toxitron I'm hoping their colors come with a volume knob. Have to say that Voyager Prime over Wreck-Gar for Motormasters body came as no surprise to me whatsoever. I know some of you are excited over these though so I will say enjoy your BotCon sets. They did make some good choices for molds this year and I will admit to being curious about the Autobot army builder figures so I'm going to try to keep an open mind about the rest of the reveals.
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183787)
Posted by --B-- on February 18th, 2011 @ 1:55pm CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

Then since it'll be an add on you can pick one up for me!
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183788)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 18th, 2011 @ 1:55pm CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183790)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on February 18th, 2011 @ 2:07pm CST
--B-- wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

Then since it'll be an add on you can pick one up for me!

IF I go. Big if at this point.
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183794)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 18th, 2011 @ 2:20pm CST
RiddlerJ wrote:Why don't they just use the Laser Rod Prime mold that was meant for Toxitron in the first place? We never go that toy and it's still a good mold.

Too old and too big with the trailer. Try looking at the Club with big puppy dog eyes.

I'm having some doubts about the list, especially with Thundercracker. We already have a Generations Thundercracker underway, so the mold is currently in use, so count him out (last year it was Gen. Thrust's fault).
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183797)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 18th, 2011 @ 2:29pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I'm having some doubts about the list, especially with Thundercracker. We already have a Generations Thundercracker underway, so the mold is currently in use, so count him out.

Pish-posh.

Action Master/G2 Thundercracker. Bet it.
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183799)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 18th, 2011 @ 2:37pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:

Pish-posh.

Action Master/G2 Thundercracker. Bet it.

Not with you, I don't have that many Mini-Cons to lose :P
Re: Rumor: list of possible remaining BotCon 2011 exclusives (1183801)
Posted by -Genocide- on February 18th, 2011 @ 2:44pm CST
This list seems both bland and unlikely....

1) We still don't know who will be Motormaster, it could be Prime, it could be Wreck-Gar, it could Bulkhead, it could even be Sentinel Prime if they are putting 6 figures in this years set.

2) If Motormaster is not Prime, chances of getting a Toxitron are slim to none, leaning towards none. And he will not be the freebie if he is included.

3) These troop builder packs suck.... I think it's a waste of a set, and a cheap way to scam people out of money for essentially 3 identical figures. I wish they would do away with them, but this is the most likely set you will get.

4) Shattered Glass Galvatron is a good guess, and one I would like to see.

5) If we're talking about the Ironfist from the club comic I'd be very surprised if they use either mold for him. They just don't fit. If there was an Ironfist in Animated that looked like Ratchet/Ironhide, then maybe. I think a lot of people are forgetting the character Over Run from the club comic from the Energon Springer mold. since hes not getting a release from the club, I would expect to see him in the throwback set over anything else mentioned here.

6) An Animated G2 Sideswipe? That really doesnt make much sense. That doesnt fit anywhere. A G1 Sideswipe from Rodimus maybe, but not G2.

7) Action Master Thundercracker there's no way. Simply because Botcon doesn't re-use molds.

What your most likely going to get is

Freebie- silver invincible Ironhide
Set 1- Wasp (Bumble Bee remold)and Starscream Clone
Set 2- Autotrooper 3 pack
Throwback set- SG Galvatron (Evack remold) and/or Over Run (Energon Springer Remold)
or someone else that no one has thought of yet.

Sorry this sounds rather lackluster, but most likely what you will get. I don't really care though since I'm not going and don't like Animated.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY