Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them

Transformers News: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them

Saturday, September 16th, 2017 9:46PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 29,193

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

There has been a development in the Toysrus debt restructuring (and possible bankruptcy) story and it's not a positive one. A Bloomberg article has stated that while Toysrus is seeking a new loan, several retailers are cutting back shipments since if Toysrus does go the bankruptcy route, the vendors may not get paid for their supplies.

Suppliers pulled back in part because the cost to insure their shipments to cash-strapped Toys “R” Us has become too expensive, said the people. Vendors often rank among creditors with the lowest priority for getting repaid if a company seeks court protection, and their decision on whether to continue shipping goods can play a large role in determining a retailer’s fate.


However, and this is where this becomes very topical for any fan reading, Hasbro is not one of these suppliers. They will continue their operations just as before and provide Toysrus with the full shipments.

Hasbro Inc. is among toymakers that hasn’t curtailed shipments, spokeswoman Julie Duffy wrote in an email. “We continue to partner and ship, conducting business as usual, while managing our risk across all retailers to the appropriate levels,” Duffy wrote.


Transformers News: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them
Credit(s): Bloomberg
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911391)
Posted by EunuchRon on September 16th, 2017 @ 10:57pm CDT
Good to see Hasbro stepping up and not kicking Geoffrey when he's down! Gotta keep them exclusives coming. :-$
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911401)
Posted by Terrsolpix on September 17th, 2017 @ 12:04am CDT
Maybe now they'll have MPM's.
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911412)
Posted by Mkall on September 17th, 2017 @ 1:29am CDT
The optimist in me is hoping that there will be an expansion in TFs with more stock.

Of course that's unlikely, but a guy can hope.

I wonder if this explains why those other announced Titans Returns boxsets were cancelled?
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911413)
Posted by Terrsolpix on September 17th, 2017 @ 1:32am CDT
Mkall wrote:The optimist in me is hoping that there will be an expansion in TFs with more stock.

Of course that's unlikely, but a guy can hope.

I wonder if this explains why those other announced Titans Returns boxsets were cancelled?


What most likely happened is that, presumably Walmart and Target, didn't want box sets. So they decided to package the diecast masters in special sets. Scorpinok will probably be announced by Christmas.
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911419)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 17th, 2017 @ 2:07am CDT
So many times in the past few months I've been willing to give Toys R Us money for Transformer figures but they've still not progressed past TLK Wave 1 and TR wave 3 here! Can't help them unless they stock what I want to buy.
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911420)
Posted by Flashwave on September 17th, 2017 @ 2:07am CDT
EunuchRon wrote:Good to see Hasbro stepping up and not kicking Geoffrey when he's down! Gotta keep them exclusives coming. :-$

In some ways this is good for Hasbro from a publicity standpoint. 1) they are seen as supportive, and definately if TRU does pull through TRU will remember that and maybe buy into more of Hasbro's offerings down the line. But with as many Tf movies aa are out there and other licensed stock, I dont doubt they weigh the value of having their products seen on shelves by customers against whether or not they get paid for that. Publicity and Visbility may not pay bills, but it helps the things that do.

Or maybe Hasbro just likes risks. ;)
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911421)
Posted by Terrsolpix on September 17th, 2017 @ 2:10am CDT
Flashwave wrote:
EunuchRon wrote:Good to see Hasbro stepping up and not kicking Geoffrey when he's down! Gotta keep them exclusives coming. :-$

In some ways this is good for Hasbro from a publicity standpoint. 1) they are seen as supportive, and definately if TRU does pull through TRU will remember that and maybe buy into more of Hasbro's offerings down the line. But with as many Tf movies aa are out there and other licensed stock, I dont doubt they weigh the value of having their products seen on shelves by customers against whether or not they get paid for that. Publicity and Visbility may not pay bills, but it helps the things that do.

Or maybe Hasbro just likes risks. ;)


Well, Hasbro does make risk.........
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911422)
Posted by Flashwave on September 17th, 2017 @ 2:12am CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
EunuchRon wrote:Good to see Hasbro stepping up and not kicking Geoffrey when he's down! Gotta keep them exclusives coming. :-$

In some ways this is good for Hasbro from a publicity standpoint. 1) they are seen as supportive, and definately if TRU does pull through TRU will remember that and maybe buy into more of Hasbro's offerings down the line. But with as many Tf movies aa are out there and other licensed stock, I dont doubt they weigh the value of having their products seen on shelves by customers against whether or not they get paid for that. Publicity and Visbility may not pay bills, but it helps the things that do.

Or maybe Hasbro just likes risks. ;)


Well, Hasbro does make risk.........

I... I totally walked right into that one... #-o

Buh-dump bum. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911442)
Posted by Prowl4 on September 17th, 2017 @ 6:21am CDT
Seeing as how we've no tru in Ireland and with the exclusives being far too frequent I'd be happy enough to see tru go. Opens up more stock to be more obtainable elsewhere.
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911452)
Posted by dragons on September 17th, 2017 @ 7:28am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:So many times in the past few months I've been willing to give Toys R Us money for Transformer figures but they've still not progressed past TLK Wave 1 and TR wave 3 here! Can't help them unless they stock what I want to buy.


Toysrus , Walmart , target, any other store sells toys they don't control what wave comes in its random lottery box set look how long before people where finding leader prime and megatron last knight toys.,

If people bought out all off toys in toysrus it's not enough retail stores make there money by having people signing up for store credit cards target credit cards, sears, bestbuy credit cards, if no one signs up hours get cut
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911480)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 17th, 2017 @ 11:33am CDT
dragons wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:So many times in the past few months I've been willing to give Toys R Us money for Transformer figures but they've still not progressed past TLK Wave 1 and TR wave 3 here! Can't help them unless they stock what I want to buy.


Toysrus , Walmart , target, any other store sells toys they don't control what wave comes in its random lottery box set look how long before people where finding leader prime and megatron last knight toys.,

If people bought out all off toys in toysrus it's not enough retail stores make there money by having people signing up for store credit cards target credit cards, sears, bestbuy credit cards, if no one signs up hours get cut



Yeah I wasn't so much blaming Toys R Us but the toy distribution in general. I just don't get how so many stores haven't even had Wave 2 in yet but Argos have (I had Sqweeks and Voyager Megatron before most people). I like trips to Toys R Us. I just wish there was more on the shelves for me to make the trip worth taking. At least, unlike many stores here, they stock a good selection of Mega Blox/Construx as (as I've said before) I've got quite hooked on. :)
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911482)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on September 17th, 2017 @ 11:57am CDT
I found and bought Blitzwing from TRU yesterday, so I'm "doing my part." :-)

As to the specific news, though, here's the way I see it. Hasbro has a vested interest in ensuring that Toys R Us does NOT fail. They need as many stores as possible to succeed so that they have more businesses to negotiate with.

Kmarts are pretty much gone now, and if TRU goes, that pretty much only leaves 2 ground level stores: Walmart and Target. Both stores are shrewd negotiators when it comes to what they sell. You basically do what they say, or they don't sell your product (and you do NOT want to lose an account as big as Walmart or Target).

I use to teach a pretty good article on this called "The Walmart you don't know" which you can read here if you like that shows their bullying policies: https://www.fastcompany.com/47593/wal-m ... -dont-know

A company like Toys R Us, however, is different. They WANT as many different toys in their store as possible. People, after all, go to TRU for toys, specifically. If TRU doesn't carry an item, people complain.
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911484)
Posted by EunuchRon on September 17th, 2017 @ 12:09pm CDT
It's not just Transformers that TRU sells from Hasbro either. They have MLP, Disney Princess, Star Wars, Marvel, Jurassic Park... That's a lot of dough!
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911514)
Posted by hurricane567 on September 17th, 2017 @ 3:53pm CDT
So there's this guy making $5 US earbuds. He invests another $.05 per headphone in little plastic disks that look like the Autobot logos and glues one each to each earbud. He then uses his Bombshell mind powers to convince a TRU exec to buy them for $7 each, then TRU tries to sell them to me for $10 rather than buy, and put on the shelves, ACTUAL TRANSFORMERS. That i would give them money for! I hope that TRU suit gets FIRED FIRED FIRED during the debt restructuring. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911555)
Posted by william-james88 on September 17th, 2017 @ 9:16pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:
EunuchRon wrote:Good to see Hasbro stepping up and not kicking Geoffrey when he's down! Gotta keep them exclusives coming. :-$

In some ways this is good for Hasbro from a publicity standpoint. 1) they are seen as supportive, and definately if TRU does pull through TRU will remember that and maybe buy into more of Hasbro's offerings down the line. But with as many Tf movies aa are out there and other licensed stock, I dont doubt they weigh the value of having their products seen on shelves by customers against whether or not they get paid for that. Publicity and Visbility may not pay bills, but it helps the things that do.

Or maybe Hasbro just likes risks. ;)

I think Hasbro has no choice. The Power of the Prime was 1 is already done, with packaging and everything. Its been produced, same for all the remaining movie toys we havent seen (and there are TONS). And thats just Transformers as a small example of all the other stuff HAsbro already has produced for the holliday season for all their brands. TRU had already placed their orders and Hasbro had produced enough to fullfill them. Its too expensive for them not to fullfill their orders. If they sit on this huge stock instead, then they wont have any room left in their warehouses for whatever else they will be producing next and renting out more room for product that will go nowhere is worse than sunk cost of just burning all these toys (simply disposing of them would also be costly).

Fullfilling TRU's orders is their best strategy to lose as little money as possible. At least it can all be a sunk cost without them having to fork out more to dispose of these products in another way.
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911568)
Posted by EunuchRon on September 17th, 2017 @ 11:10pm CDT
Yeah... inventory tax on that much unmoved product would totally burn. :(
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911639)
Posted by QBKiller94 on September 18th, 2017 @ 10:10am CDT
Wow, this is not a good sign for Toys R Us. It doesn't do anyone of us in the U.S. any good to see Toys R Us fail. We want more retailer competition. Those exclusives are bargained for by each retailer in order to drive foot traffic. Toys R Us is very aware of what Target, Walmart and Amazon charge for their inventory. This tells me that Amazon is eating TRU's lunch. Toys R Us needs to step up it's eCommerce game to compete with cheap prices and free two-day shipping for Amazon Prime members. Give us a reason to buy Toys R Us and more than just the occasional exclusive.
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911683)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on September 18th, 2017 @ 2:29pm CDT
b#&£€®! I just noticed this piece of news elsewhere, but I see there's already a thread on here about it

at least it won't affect Hasbro's distribution
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911766)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 18th, 2017 @ 10:24pm CDT
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/toys- ... 00905.html

An astute multinational capitalist like HB would probably hold off sending new stocks to TRU!
Re: Several Suppliers Cutting Shipments to Toysrus but Hasbro is NOT One of Them (1911778)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 19th, 2017 @ 2:17am CDT
"But the comeback faltered in the more recent Christmas season. Same-store sales dropped 2.5 percent during the final nine weeks of last year, hurt by sluggish demand and deep discounts. The toy seller had to reckon with new competitors driving prices lower and lower, O’Shea said."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... n-as-today

So deep discounts don't hurt anyone? This time, the vendor eh? :lol: :lol: :lol: I sure hope Hb can still sustain itself especially our TF plastic cr@ck hobby in the future.

Retail environment is changing in the distribution part but good old fashion selling the product line to recoup investment never ends.Crappy products need to die a natural death but always SUPPORT the product especially when it's on retail and not discounts!
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
You save: 50%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 35%
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Strongarm Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 31%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
You save: 26%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
You save: 25%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
You save: 25%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #190 - Spacebridge Sunset Boulevard
Twincast / Podcast #190:
"Spacebridge Sunset Boulevard"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon