Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview

Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview

Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015 8:31am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,926

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

One new comic book day comes, and more comic book days await ahead, as Mariel Romero from IDW Publishing uploads a sneak peek of the next issue of The Transformers to iTunes. Check out below what we will be seeing this month in the tales of grounded robots and their human partners (ish)!

JETFIRE and KUP lead a team to investigate the mysterious ONYX system. Meanwhile, GALVATRON… well, GALVATRON just doesn’t like anybody.


Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #45 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #45 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #45 Discussion Thread

Credit(s): iTunes


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723204)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on September 2nd, 2015 @ 10:18am CDT
even though I'm not big on the IDW comics but i just noticed something really coincidental about something. :shock: :roll: #-o

the guy talking to Spike mentions that the Cybertronians had created the humans.

now where have i read something similar to that?

oh yea i forgot , a particular web comic that i read where 12 aliens that are based of the western zodiac are playing a game in which the goal is to create a universe in which the humans were created and then shenanigans happen

:oops: guess i said a bit too much :oops: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD:

lowers head in shame for reading this web comic in which i shall not name
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723215)
Posted by Shuttershock on September 2nd, 2015 @ 10:34am CDT
Spike looks like the mascot for a fictional brand of weed killer. :-P
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723292)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 2nd, 2015 @ 3:54pm CDT
In the same way MTMTE has made me really like Megs, this has made me love Cosmos and Jetfire. cannot wait for this to come out :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723293)
Posted by Shuttershock on September 2nd, 2015 @ 3:58pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:In the same way MTMTE has made me really like Megs, this has made me love Cosmos and Jetfire. cannot wait for this to come out :BOT:


"Where in the name of science have you been?" :lol:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723368)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 2nd, 2015 @ 9:57pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:In the same way MTMTE has made me really like Megs, this has made me love Cosmos and Jetfire. cannot wait for this to come out :BOT:


"Where in the name of science have you been?" :lol:

there has been some exceptional care taken towards several characters here. i am loving it! :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723505)
Posted by MrBlack on September 3rd, 2015 @ 9:29am CDT
Autobot tap out wrote:even though I'm not big on the IDW comics but i just noticed something really coincidental about something. :shock: :roll: #-o

the guy talking to Spike mentions that the Cybertronians had created the humans.

now where have i read something similar to that?

oh yea i forgot , a particular web comic that i read where 12 aliens that are based of the western zodiac are playing a game in which the goal is to create a universe in which the humans were created and then shenanigans happen

:oops: guess i said a bit too much :oops: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD:

lowers head in shame for reading this web comic in which i shall not name

It's not quite so simply as "Cybertronians created humans."

The Enigma of Combination was sent to Earth by Galvatron millions of years prior in order to keep its powers out of the hands of the Cybertronians. It's presence altered proto-humans, allowing them to work together more efficiently. It essentially created modern society.

So, it's not that Cybertronians created humans, but that one particular Cybertronian was inadvertently responsible for creating the conditions that would lead to modern human society.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723518)
Posted by Shuttershock on September 3rd, 2015 @ 10:58am CDT
MrBlack wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:even though I'm not big on the IDW comics but i just noticed something really coincidental about something. :shock: :roll: #-o

the guy talking to Spike mentions that the Cybertronians had created the humans.

now where have i read something similar to that?

oh yea i forgot , a particular web comic that i read where 12 aliens that are based of the western zodiac are playing a game in which the goal is to create a universe in which the humans were created and then shenanigans happen

:oops: guess i said a bit too much :oops: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD:

lowers head in shame for reading this web comic in which i shall not name

It's not quite so simply as "Cybertronians created humans."

The Enigma of Combination was sent to Earth by Galvatron millions of years prior in order to keep its powers out of the hands of the Cybertronians. It's presence altered proto-humans, allowing them to work together more efficiently. It essentially created modern society.

So, it's not that Cybertronians created humans, but that one particular Cybertronian was inadvertently responsible for creating the conditions that would lead to modern human society.


"Your civilization was made possible by careless disposal of my garbage."

That's some Douglas Addams scrap right there!
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723519)
Posted by MrBlack on September 3rd, 2015 @ 11:01am CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:even though I'm not big on the IDW comics but i just noticed something really coincidental about something. :shock: :roll: #-o

the guy talking to Spike mentions that the Cybertronians had created the humans.

now where have i read something similar to that?

oh yea i forgot , a particular web comic that i read where 12 aliens that are based of the western zodiac are playing a game in which the goal is to create a universe in which the humans were created and then shenanigans happen

:oops: guess i said a bit too much :oops: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD:

lowers head in shame for reading this web comic in which i shall not name

It's not quite so simply as "Cybertronians created humans."

The Enigma of Combination was sent to Earth by Galvatron millions of years prior in order to keep its powers out of the hands of the Cybertronians. It's presence altered proto-humans, allowing them to work together more efficiently. It essentially created modern society.

So, it's not that Cybertronians created humans, but that one particular Cybertronian was inadvertently responsible for creating the conditions that would lead to modern human society.


"Your civilization was made possible by careless disposal of my garbage."

That's some Douglas Addams scrap right there!

I suppose it's a bit less insulting than "Humans are Unicron's parasites" from the Prime TV show.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723523)
Posted by Shuttershock on September 3rd, 2015 @ 11:51am CDT
MrBlack wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:even though I'm not big on the IDW comics but i just noticed something really coincidental about something. :shock: :roll: #-o

the guy talking to Spike mentions that the Cybertronians had created the humans.

now where have i read something similar to that?

oh yea i forgot , a particular web comic that i read where 12 aliens that are based of the western zodiac are playing a game in which the goal is to create a universe in which the humans were created and then shenanigans happen

:oops: guess i said a bit too much :oops: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD:

lowers head in shame for reading this web comic in which i shall not name

It's not quite so simply as "Cybertronians created humans."

The Enigma of Combination was sent to Earth by Galvatron millions of years prior in order to keep its powers out of the hands of the Cybertronians. It's presence altered proto-humans, allowing them to work together more efficiently. It essentially created modern society.

So, it's not that Cybertronians created humans, but that one particular Cybertronian was inadvertently responsible for creating the conditions that would lead to modern human society.


"Your civilization was made possible by careless disposal of my garbage."

That's some Douglas Addams scrap right there!

I suppose it's a bit less insulting than "Humans are Unicron's parasites" from the Prime TV show.


Still, I do like it as it presents a much less human-centric view of the universe. I find that too often in science fiction humanity is treated as inherently special. This kind of writing paints the picture of a vast universe millions of years old where, in an Addamsy way, Earth and humans don't necessarily matter.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723554)
Posted by MrBlack on September 3rd, 2015 @ 1:49pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:even though I'm not big on the IDW comics but i just noticed something really coincidental about something. :shock: :roll: #-o

the guy talking to Spike mentions that the Cybertronians had created the humans.

now where have i read something similar to that?

oh yea i forgot , a particular web comic that i read where 12 aliens that are based of the western zodiac are playing a game in which the goal is to create a universe in which the humans were created and then shenanigans happen

:oops: guess i said a bit too much :oops: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD:

lowers head in shame for reading this web comic in which i shall not name

It's not quite so simply as "Cybertronians created humans."

The Enigma of Combination was sent to Earth by Galvatron millions of years prior in order to keep its powers out of the hands of the Cybertronians. It's presence altered proto-humans, allowing them to work together more efficiently. It essentially created modern society.

So, it's not that Cybertronians created humans, but that one particular Cybertronian was inadvertently responsible for creating the conditions that would lead to modern human society.


"Your civilization was made possible by careless disposal of my garbage."

That's some Douglas Addams scrap right there!

I suppose it's a bit less insulting than "Humans are Unicron's parasites" from the Prime TV show.


Still, I do like it as it presents a much less human-centric view of the universe. I find that too often in science fiction humanity is treated as inherently special. This kind of writing paints the picture of a vast universe millions of years old where, in an Addamsy way, Earth and humans don't necessarily matter.

I think it cuts both ways. Humans are special in that they were able to weather an invasion by a race of beings that have decimated hundreds of other worlds. At the same time, the traits that allowed humanity to do so seem to have been a result of inadvertent interference by that self-same race of beings.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723570)
Posted by Shuttershock on September 3rd, 2015 @ 2:54pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:even though I'm not big on the IDW comics but i just noticed something really coincidental about something. :shock: :roll: #-o

the guy talking to Spike mentions that the Cybertronians had created the humans.

now where have i read something similar to that?

oh yea i forgot , a particular web comic that i read where 12 aliens that are based of the western zodiac are playing a game in which the goal is to create a universe in which the humans were created and then shenanigans happen

:oops: guess i said a bit too much :oops: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :BANG_HEAD:

lowers head in shame for reading this web comic in which i shall not name

It's not quite so simply as "Cybertronians created humans."

The Enigma of Combination was sent to Earth by Galvatron millions of years prior in order to keep its powers out of the hands of the Cybertronians. It's presence altered proto-humans, allowing them to work together more efficiently. It essentially created modern society.

So, it's not that Cybertronians created humans, but that one particular Cybertronian was inadvertently responsible for creating the conditions that would lead to modern human society.


"Your civilization was made possible by careless disposal of my garbage."

That's some Douglas Addams scrap right there!

I suppose it's a bit less insulting than "Humans are Unicron's parasites" from the Prime TV show.


Still, I do like it as it presents a much less human-centric view of the universe. I find that too often in science fiction humanity is treated as inherently special. This kind of writing paints the picture of a vast universe millions of years old where, in an Addamsy way, Earth and humans don't necessarily matter.

I think it cuts both ways. Humans are special in that they were able to weather an invasion by a race of beings that have decimated hundreds of other worlds. At the same time, the traits that allowed humanity to do so seem to have been a result of inadvertent interference by that self-same race of beings.


True. I do find it odd that apparently they never bonded with another species culturally in all that time, but whatever. Thundercracker has been a really good care study of the Transformers rediscovering post war life through the actions of a short-lived species.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723574)
Posted by MrBlack on September 3rd, 2015 @ 3:14pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:True. I do find it odd that apparently they never bonded with another species culturally in all that time, but whatever. Thundercracker has been a really good care study of the Transformers rediscovering post war life through the actions of a short-lived species.


Cutting off a few quotes to make the thread easier to read.

By the time the Cybertronian race first came online, biological species were already shunning mechanical ones, owing in large part to the 16 million year long war between the Ammonites and the Terradores. Cybertron's own wars and the speciesism exhibited by many on Cybertron didn't help.

After the Knights of Cybertron left, Cybertron collapsed into tribalism under the 13 Primes, which isn't exactly conducive to cultural contact with alien species. After the tribes went to war, Nova Prime came out on top, and we've seen how he feels about "the lesser races." Even after he left, the insular Functionist movement held sway for a long time, and then the entire race fell into a protracted war which involved the destruction and terraforming of multiple biological planets. It seems that there has been little time or inclination on the part of Cybertronians to engage with other species in the 8 million years since their creation.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723582)
Posted by Shuttershock on September 3rd, 2015 @ 3:46pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:True. I do find it odd that apparently they never bonded with another species culturally in all that time, but whatever. Thundercracker has been a really good care study of the Transformers rediscovering post war life through the actions of a short-lived species.


Cutting off a few quotes to make the thread easier to read.

By the time the Cybertronian race first came online, biological species were already shunning mechanical ones, owing in large part to the 16 million year long war between the Ammonites and the Terradores. Cybertron's own wars and the speciesism exhibited by many on Cybertron didn't help.

After the Knights of Cybertron left, Cybertron collapsed into tribalism under the 13 Primes, which isn't exactly conducive to cultural contact with alien species. After the tribes went to war, Nova Prime came out on top, and we've seen how he feels about "the lesser races." Even after he left, the insular Functionist movement held sway for a long time, and then the entire race fell into a protracted war which involved the destruction and terraforming of multiple biological planets. It seems that there has been little time or inclination on the part of Cybertronians to engage with other species in the 8 million years since their creation.


One thing I find most interesting about the Transformers is that they have little concept of fiction for entertainment. Most of their films, stories and arguably their religious systems are biographical, possibly a theme pressed by functionists to prevent individuality or escapism.

Thundercracker seems like the only one who broke out of this, albiet poorly, by picking it up from humans. Even Crosscut, who is lauded as a well-known Cybertronian playwright, seems to mostly make autobiographical works.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1723618)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 3rd, 2015 @ 8:34pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:True. I do find it odd that apparently they never bonded with another species culturally in all that time, but whatever. Thundercracker has been a really good care study of the Transformers rediscovering post war life through the actions of a short-lived species.


Cutting off a few quotes to make the thread easier to read.

By the time the Cybertronian race first came online, biological species were already shunning mechanical ones, owing in large part to the 16 million year long war between the Ammonites and the Terradores. Cybertron's own wars and the speciesism exhibited by many on Cybertron didn't help.

After the Knights of Cybertron left, Cybertron collapsed into tribalism under the 13 Primes, which isn't exactly conducive to cultural contact with alien species. After the tribes went to war, Nova Prime came out on top, and we've seen how he feels about "the lesser races." Even after he left, the insular Functionist movement held sway for a long time, and then the entire race fell into a protracted war which involved the destruction and terraforming of multiple biological planets. It seems that there has been little time or inclination on the part of Cybertronians to engage with other species in the 8 million years since their creation.


One thing I find most interesting about the Transformers is that they have little concept of fiction for entertainment. Most of their films, stories and arguably their religious systems are biographical, possibly a theme pressed by functionists to prevent individuality or escapism.

Thundercracker seems like the only one who broke out of this, albiet poorly, by picking it up from humans. Even Crosscut, who is lauded as a well-known Cybertronian playwright, seems to mostly make autobiographical works.

This version of Thundercracker has made me actually care for the character, and I'm glad that he and Crosscut can represent fictional work by transformers, the same way Nautica and all her gals represent "college life" so to speak in the works :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1729029)
Posted by Va'al on September 25th, 2015 @ 6:08pm CDT
In more IDW comics news for next week, The Transformers #45 bring intrigue, mystery, hacking and of course, Buster the dog. Check out the full preview below, and head back here on Wednesday for the Seibertron.com review!


Transformers #45
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
JETFIRE and KUP lead a team to investigate the mysterious ONYX system. Meanwhile, GALVATRON… well, GALVATRON just doesn’t like anybody.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The events of the past months crash together—with disastrous results!
The stage is set for next month’s Earth-shattering (literally) epic!
Variant Cover by Golby!


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1729032)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 25th, 2015 @ 6:28pm CDT
Gonna be a busy week of reading, that's for sure :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1729048)
Posted by pie-man on September 25th, 2015 @ 9:06pm CDT
Finally... we get to Jazz again! :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1729084)
Posted by steve2275 on September 25th, 2015 @ 11:59pm CDT
what you guys said
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1729165)
Posted by Whifflefire on September 26th, 2015 @ 7:39am CDT
THE WATER IS DRY

I do enjoy the interpretation of the condors as Statler and Waldorf-esque duo.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #45 iTunes Preview (1729212)
Posted by Shuttershock on September 26th, 2015 @ 11:34am CDT
Whifflefire wrote:THE WATER IS DRY

I do enjoy the interpretation of the condors as Statler and Waldorf-esque duo.


It is good to see the other casettes getting characterization. Rumble and Frenzy are pretty consistently portrayed as street punks and Ratbat as a scheemer bigger than his size implies, but the others often go voiceless and without perso nality.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
Twincast / Podcast #288:
"Filler Episode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY