Transformers News: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK

Wednesday, November 7th, 2018 7:53PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 12,674

Thanks to a tweet from @Evochanger on Twitter, we have word that the Transformers: The Last Knight Tiny Turbo Changers exclusive 3-pack is showing up at Argos for a mere £2.50!

For those who might not remember, this 3-pack was a Target exclusive in the US, and it is the only Tiny Turbo Changer figure of Steelbane, one of the knights of Cybertron who got an individual retail toy in the same movie line as well. Steelbane comes packaged with Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, with some interesting red details splattered all over them that are compatible with black lights, such as can be found on the giant Turbo Changer Dragonstorm figure.

For those in the UK looking for this set, head on over to your local Argos, and let us know if you discover this little 3-pack and what you think of it in the comments section below!

Credit(s): @EvoChanger on Twitter

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1993171)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 8th, 2018 @ 4:16am CST
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1993211)
Posted by o.supreme on November 8th, 2018 @ 10:25am CST
DeathReviews wrote:I’ve already got Trypticon, but even so, this is a mighty tempting offer! 53% off on Titans Return Trypticon!
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... m_content=

If you don’t have this one yet, head to BBTS for a really great bargain....

Probably not the case, but I wonder if BBTS had a buyer go out to Ollies and get some of these in bulk just to turn a profit??
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1993212)
Posted by carytheone on November 8th, 2018 @ 10:30am CST
o.supreme wrote:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... m_content=

If you don’t have this one yet, head to BBTS for a really great bargain....

Can you blame them? Or they bought from any of the several salvage suppliers. Selling things for profit is kinda their schtick.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1993247)
Posted by Agamemnon on November 8th, 2018 @ 1:37pm CST
carytheone wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... m_content=

If you don’t have this one yet, head to BBTS for a really great bargain....

Indeed, it should be the mantra of any business who wants to be successful...

However, in this case, I think it is not likely. BBTS is not far from me, located in Western Wisconsin, as far as I remember. I believe that is an awful long away from the nearest Ollies.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1993248)
Posted by o.supreme on November 8th, 2018 @ 1:47pm CST
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1993250)
Posted by Agamemnon on November 8th, 2018 @ 1:56pm CST
o.supreme wrote:Interesting, everyone is entitled to their point of view of course. But (for the sake of argument) "Toy store X" bought 30 Trypticons from Ollies for $30, and turn around and sold them for $60, that's "good business", but if I did that personally, it would be called scalping...??

I was going to insert a cheeky response here, but nothing felt right in this format. Just assume I was ribbing you a bit. ;)

Without speaking for others, I wonder if the case has more to do with availability of things that are sold online for much more than the MSRP. For instance, say there was a limited store exclusive (Wreck Gar) that was just not found in many places because someone (or more than one) bought them outright at $18. Then, a bunch showed up on eBay for $50. I'd qualify that as scalping.

In this case, I think Tryppie has been available for some time at both MSRP and on sale. I think the collectors that may decry scalpers have had ample time to get him. So, I think this is a different case.

Personally, I struggle with the wait-and-see-if-goes-on-sale versus I-need-this-and-don't-want-to-miss-out. I mostly fall in the latter and end up paying slightly more than MSRP to get the figures I want online. (But, it is cool for army building, or the eventual customs I may someday do, to find the deals in this thread...)
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1993251)
Posted by william-james88 on November 8th, 2018 @ 2:05pm CST

I think we are looking at the causality all wrong. BBTS has other shit to do then drive miles to get some tryticons, especially when its not sure they will get some. Instead what makes way more sense is that this is the stock they are still stuck with from last year and now that fans can get tryptions for so cheap, this is the price that they evaluate their leftoever stock to be worth.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1993256)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 8th, 2018 @ 3:48pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Hm i can't see it on the Argos website at all and i would like to check there before setting out on bus ride. This is the pack where they actually have lil weapons right? Cos more tiny guns and swords and stuff are useful even for just adding to Legion-style figures. :)

Well I got the bus to the nearest Argos and they didn't have that Tiny Turbo changer pack or even knew what i was talking about when asking about it. Cheapest Transformers item they had was TLK Deluxe Sqweeks for £9.99 and i got that figure when it first came out so I came home empty handed. Oh well. Them's the chips.

:michaelbay:
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1993309)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 8th, 2018 @ 10:57pm CST
Depending on if it doesn't sell out immediately, how long should the BBTS sale on Trypticon last? I'd like to wait for my next week's paycheck before going all in on finally getting one and at such a good deal too.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1994623)
Posted by william-james88 on November 19th, 2018 @ 2:02pm CST
HTS' ebay store appears to have a blanket 20% off everything. Some ebayers may have also received an eBay Bucks deal today that grants 10% bucks on gift items like today.

Of note, Seibertron's own Megatronus told us that he got Predaking for 20% off, and he recieved an additional $12.80 back due to the eBay bucks deal.

HTS landing page: http://www.ebaystores.com/hasbrotoyshop ... 008258012&

Predaking: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-G ... 4b4d4bf400

Please let us know of the great deals you scored and if you found other great deals. With this week leading to Black Friday, we are bound to get some of the best deals of the year. Good luck to you all!

Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1994660)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 19th, 2018 @ 6:08pm CST
Ollies, that bargain store that has become a hot spot for hard to find Transformers such as Titans Return Wave 5 deluxes, and a big place for Titan Trypticon for insanely low prices, has published their Black Friday advertisement, and that ad includes The Last Knight Cogman for $5.99 as part of its headline deals! Cogman was very hard to find last year when he was released, with very few sightings of the figure anywhere in the world. And now, he's everywhere, on the eve of his new Studio Series repaint as well.

Check out the advertisement below, and get ready to go hunting for Cogmans!

Check out Ollie's Black Friday Bargain Madness! Toys, air fryers, cookware, throws and so much more! | View online »

Store Locator

MERCHANDISE AVAILABLE FOR SALE
STARTING 5 A.M. FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2018!
VIEW ALL THE AWESOME DEALS IN OLLIE'S BLACK FRIDAY FLYER»
Image Image

MERCHANDISE AVAILABLE FOR SALE
STARTING 5 A.M. FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2018!
VIEW ALL THE AWESOME DEALS IN OLLIE'S BLACK FRIDAY FLYER»

Store Locator
Ollie's Army Login

Holiday Hours:

NOW through Wednesday 11/21: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.

•Thanksgiving 11/22: CLOSED
•Black Friday 11/23: 5 a.m. - 10 p.m.

BEGINNING Saturday 11/24:
•Monday-Saturday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
•Sunday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.

Get social with Ollie's! Image

Merchandise available for sale starting 5 a.m. Friday, November 23, 2017! Folks, we are not here to trick or fool you, but some items may not be exactly as pictured. Quantities are limited and when they're gone, they're gone!

Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1994674)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 19th, 2018 @ 7:15pm CST
I may wanna try for that Home Alone set.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1994677)
Posted by Bounti76 on November 19th, 2018 @ 7:27pm CST
Found one at Ross a few months ago for $7.99, so this doesn't irk me much at all. Ollie's seems to be mostly in the Midwest and East Coast, no? Those of us in the West are kind of screwed with these deals otherwise.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1994683)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 19th, 2018 @ 7:45pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:I may wanna try for that Home Alone set.

Wish my area could support an Olie's
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1994689)
Posted by Latebrus-K on November 19th, 2018 @ 9:10pm CST
Hey folks, went looking in my local ollie's for Cogmen, just in case they had some out early. Not much besides a couple overlords and alt-modes boxes...

But I did find Legends Class Cosmos from Titans Return. I'm not sure if this has already been reported but it was news to me. Didn't see Seaspray, but I'd have to assume they shipped together. They didn't have a sticker on Cosmos so I couldn't buy one. An employee guessed it would be $4.99.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1994699)
Posted by nycPrime on November 19th, 2018 @ 11:06pm CST
There's a deal right now with Samsung Pay. They're offering 30% cash back on toy purchases from Walmart. So unfortunately it's not an instant savings. As with other CB sites, it takes time to process. But 30% is nice. So I pulled the trigger on Predaking. $150 after tax but with $41 in cash back.

https://slickdeals.net/f/12290521-samsu ... rchV2Algo1
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1994785)
Posted by o.supreme on November 20th, 2018 @ 9:59am CST
Sabrblade wrote:I may wanna try for that Home Alone set.

Wow...how is there 5 Home Alone films? I only ever saw the first 2. I knew of a 3rd, but since it wasn't MaCully Culkin, I never bothered with it.

Still not driving nearly 2000 miles to Alabama (my nearest Ollies :lol: ). The idea of a TR compatible Cogman is really appealing, I just wonder if the Studio Series release head will alto be TR size... :-? .
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1994800)
Posted by Cobotron on November 20th, 2018 @ 10:50am CST
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1994801)
Posted by carytheone on November 20th, 2018 @ 10:53am CST
Cobotron wrote:O, I'm pretty sure the SS Cogman is a straight up re-release with a nicer paint job. The head should be the same. ;)^
Yerp and I prefer the SS deco and hopefully ease of finding.

The nearest Ollie's to me is about one and a half hours away. Not a bad drive, but what I spend in gas I could put on an objectively nicer figure.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Transformers The Last Knight Exclusive Tiny Turbo Changer 3-Pack On Sale in UK (1994805)
Posted by o.supreme on November 20th, 2018 @ 11:00am CST
^ Good to know, thanks both. I'm sure the SS line was in the planning stages for a while, but would some fans dare to think that basically Movie 5 figures were a *Proto* SS Line? Maybe not quite the complexity, but still leaning more towards that direction? I mean I know part of the reason Movie 5 characters have been so scarce in SS up until now is because we basically just had them, but I guess another reason is that they wouldn't be much different.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Last Knight Premier Edition #Leader Class Dragonstorm IN-STOCK" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Premium Series: Cannon Bumblebee Action Figure Movie RotF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Heroes x6 Ratchet Jazz Frenzy Bumblebee Barricade Blackout" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class DRAGONSTORM Figure Dragon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall *Excellent Condition*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Action Master Mainframe sealed" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers 5 Black Mamba Alloy Infantry Roadblock Police Car MPM05" on EBAY
Buy "COBRA COMMANDER KIDROBOT TRANSFORMERS vs. GI JOE MYSTERY ENAMEL PIN 1/20 TA702" on EBAY