Sunday, February 19th, 2017 4:51am CST

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 82,586

We ain't finished yet! After the galleries and official images of the products shown and revealed at Toy Fair 2017 in Javits Center, New York City, we now turn to more videos of the Hasbro Transformers section, ranging from The Last Knight to Robots in Disguise, via Rescue Bots and Titans Return!

First up below is a collection of clips introducing the new Combiner Force branch of the show and toyline for Robots in Disguise, along with turnarounds of Menasor and the Autobot combiner we know as Ultra Bee, plus a video look at the whole RID section of the Hasbro stalls - check them out, and browse the galleries again too, here and here!

This article was last modified on Sunday, February 19th, 2017 5:15am CST

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861135)
Posted by bluecatcinema on February 19th, 2017 @ 6:52am CST
Ultra Bee's sword has a very Drift-esque color scheme, doesn't it?
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861144)
Posted by RAR on February 19th, 2017 @ 7:15am CST
I wonder if Bee's sword stores on his back like the Turnaround has it.

They re really small as Activator Combiners are only deluxe size and full combined they are not more than a timy bit taller than activator combiner bee in package next to them and he's well under 6" tall.

So I'd say the individual limb-bots are going to be not so far away in size from the crash combiners in size and the torsos are going to be scout size (roughly) in their robot modes.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861145)
Posted by william-james88 on February 19th, 2017 @ 7:18am CST
Fellow Seibertronian ChuckDawg1999 has reviewed the latest One Step Bumblebee found under the Combiner Force subline of Robots in Disguise.

Here are his thoughts on it:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:As someone who collects One-Step changers I know, there's been a lot of Bumblebees, a lot. This version from the Combiner Force subline is different, the Transformation is fun and the robot mode feels solid. If you're looking for a fun desk toy then definitely give Bumblebee a look.

And here are his thoughts on the Optimus One-Step from the Combienr Force subline:

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Surprisingly, Optimus Prime hasn't had that many appearances in the RID One-Step line. This version from the Combiner Force sub-line actually mimics the Warrior Class transformation somewhat, with the cab becoming the arms. Like all One-Step changers, Prime makes for a fun desk toy and is worth a purchase.

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861210)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:07pm CST
I saw somewhere on Twitter that the combiner sets are to be sold at the $29.99 price point, so the size works out, along with the simplicity. Really excited for these sets!
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861221)
Posted by Cobotron on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:30pm CST
Sorry if I missed it, but did we get any info on the size of the combiners?

realize I could go look at pics, so I will. :-P
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861223)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:32pm CST
Cobotron wrote:Sorry if I missed it, but did we get any info on the size of the combiners?

realize I could go look at pics, so I will. :-P

Considering the Crash combiners about deluxe size, the 4/5 bot combiners appear to be about voyager height, but very bulky
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861225)
Posted by Cobotron on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:38pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

realize I could go look at pics, so I will. :-P

By "Deluxe" do you mean Legends/Scout? :-?

Edit: I see what you are saying. Combined the Crashers are deluxe size. I see it now. :D
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861228)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:40pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

realize I could go look at pics, so I will. :-P

By "Deluxe" do you mean Legends/Scout? :-?

More like 'deluxe height'. Primestrong is about the height of my other deluxes present
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861229)
Posted by william-james88 on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:40pm CST

realize I could go look at pics, so I will. :-P

Roughly voyager size. You can see them next to the activators, which are deluxe sized bots:

And man, am I the only one marvelling at this render. That truck mode just looks so stylish!

Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861230)
Posted by Cobotron on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:44pm CST
Yeah D, I see what you meant (edited last post to agree ;) )

and no Billy, you aren't the only one.

The trick to these is to keep expectations low, hope for the best, and except them for what they are. Primestrong is neat and fun, but I still think the price point is to high for what you get.
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861238)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 19th, 2017 @ 2:09pm CST
Will, I love how that Motormaster truck makes for such broad shoulders on Menasor. Wide, silver, and mean!
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861242)
Posted by Cobotron on February 19th, 2017 @ 2:16pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861246)
Posted by Va'al on February 19th, 2017 @ 2:32pm CST
Cobotron wrote:Do you guys think the samples shown are hand painted? They appear to have some nice apps. Hope the production runs look that good.

Given the sheer amount of hand-painting at the show, I'd be unable to say either way for these figures specifically. Maybe megatronus or Seibertron will have a better idea. :-?
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861250)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 19th, 2017 @ 2:39pm CST
Va'al wrote:

I wish they would look that good as the retail releases. that silver on Motormaster/Menasor is incredibly nice
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861297)
Posted by Kurona on February 19th, 2017 @ 6:06pm CST
So I suppose these dudes would best scale with Legions?

I know I know it's not all about scale lol, I'm just wondering how Ultrabee would look together with say, Legion Windblade and Ratchet and the scout-sized Mini-con pack thing Optimus :-?
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861301)
Posted by Cobotron on February 19th, 2017 @ 6:26pm CST
Kurona wrote:So I suppose these dudes would best scale with Legions?

I'm gonna go ahead and say, GREAT!
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861307)
Posted by william-james88 on February 19th, 2017 @ 7:02pm CST
Yeah I think they will scale rather well with those minicon 2 pack figures
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861366)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 19th, 2017 @ 9:46pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Yeah I think they will scale rather well with those minicon 2 pack figures

I would agree. Can't wait for them!
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861371)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 19th, 2017 @ 10:08pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2017 - Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Promo, Product, Turnaround Videos #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1861373)
Posted by william-james88 on February 19th, 2017 @ 10:10pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:Just curious, has the Combiner Force One-Step Blurr been sighted in US Retail by anyone else yet? 'Cause I kinda found one and I didn't expect them to be on shelves yet. :???:

Yup, that wave has been found. We are currently lookign for sightings of the warrior wave with Soundwave.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BUMBLEBEE Action Figure POWER PUNCH Age of Extinction Deluxe NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Year of the Monkey Optimus Primal" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Aoe High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS-OPTIMUS PRIME, PLATINUM EDITION,30th, 2014 YEAR OF THE HORSE" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3 Thunderhoof Figure Blue McDonald’s Happy Meal Toy 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Stuntwing Mini Con" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIDESWIPE ROTF Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Class 2009" on EBAY