Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99

Friday, November 7th, 2014 8:10am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 46,948

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to multiple reports from fellow Seibertron.com users such as Uncontrolable_myosin and reluctantyouth, we can confirm that the Limited Edition of the Age of Extinction set up on Amazon - which includes the Blu-Ray version of the movie, plus a Grimlock statue - has been brought down in price to $29.99. Does that pique your interest? Head over here to pick one up!

Product Description
Only at Amazon – Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Combo Pack gift set includes a highly detailed collectible figure of Optimus Prime riding Grimlock. The Optimus and Grimlock figures have been crafted utilizing the very same digital models that brought the characters to life in the film. Every sculptural detail of Optimus and Grimlock has been perfectly captured and enhanced with hand-painting, from Optimus’ flame-detailed chest and forearms to Grimlock’s fiery, glowing eyes. Together, Optimus and Grimlock stand over 7.25 inches tall (display base height included), and Grimlock stretches approx. 9 inches from his toothy maw to tail tip. The Transfomers: Age of Extinction Optimus and Grimlock figure is a must-have for any Transformers fan, and is available only at Amazon.


Additional Features
Includes Dolby Atmos – Dolby Atmos is a revolutionary new audio technology that transports you into extraordinary entertainment experience. With Dolby Atmos enabled receivers and speaker configurations, sound comes from all directions, including overhead, to create an immersive experience with clarity, richness, detail, and depth. With existing home theater systems, you will get a great surround sound experience.


Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99

Credit(s): Amazon


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620244)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 7th, 2014 @ 8:14am CST
Wow, 75% off? That's either way too good a deal to be true, or Amazon must be pretty desperate to get rid of them. :P
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620268)
Posted by reluctantyouth on November 7th, 2014 @ 9:10am CST
Thanks for the news credit. I looked at the review on You Tube one more time before biting the bullet on a sale. I'll give the movie to my cousin's husband for Christmas this year. The statue is mine though. :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620309)
Posted by Va'al on November 7th, 2014 @ 11:20am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Wow, 75% off? That's either way too good a deal to be true, or Amazon must be pretty desperate to get rid of them. :P


They did something similar recently on Amazon UK with Chris Ware's Building Stories, down to £4.99 from a RRP of £30. Not entirely sure what is going on. :-?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620339)
Posted by Shockwave7 on November 7th, 2014 @ 4:55pm CST
The toy bears only a vague, passing resemblance to this figurine.
Worst movie toy EVER.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620344)
Posted by Skywarp64 on November 7th, 2014 @ 5:40pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Ya'll know that whole "Knights' Terminus" thing Lockdown was talking about? Turns out what he really said was "Welcome back to the Knights' Temenos."
How do you know this?
DVD subtitles.


Because subtitles have ALWAYS been reliable...

Image
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620347)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 7th, 2014 @ 6:06pm CST
Skywarp64 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Ya'll know that whole "Knights' Terminus" thing Lockdown was talking about? Turns out what he really said was "Welcome back to the Knights' Temenos."
How do you know this?
DVD subtitles.


Because subtitles have ALWAYS been reliable...

Image


CHUGWAY!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, though, even before I watched the DVD with the subtitles turned on, it did sound like "temenos". At first I thought it might have been just some residual accent the VA had--maybe English wasn't his first language or something, like in Ken Watanabe's case.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620373)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 7th, 2014 @ 10:25pm CST
And subtitles are not the same thing as Closed Captions.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620390)
Posted by Regimus Prime on November 8th, 2014 @ 1:17am CST
I originally had preordered this set but cancelled right before it was shipped. I came to my senses after considering the 79.99 price point. By chance I was on Amazon tonight and saw it listed at 29.99. That works for me. 19.99 for the blu-ray and 10.00 for the statue, or vice versa, that's a price a fan can't pass up :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620529)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on November 9th, 2014 @ 1:20am CST
I finally got mine and is just amazing, so I am dropping couple pictures here. the blu ray dvd has different cover presentation for the 3 figurines pack promotion and the grimlock-optimus set, besides the content is identical, and the statue is huge making more sense with bumblebee and stinger rather than optimus from the 3 figurines set. :KREMZEEK:

Image

Image

<--- 3figurines set / Grimlock statue set --->
Image
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620535)
Posted by Skywarp64 on November 9th, 2014 @ 1:45am CST
Sabrblade wrote:And subtitles are not the same thing as Closed Captions.


You're right, I apologize. I just wanted one more opportunity to poke fun at AoE and bring up Chugway :lol:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620545)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 9th, 2014 @ 5:23am CST
I just watched the 2007 movie again. I can confirm that it's a better movie than AoE for a few reasons.

1: It has ONE (1) central story, and minor sub-plots that mesh almost flawlessly with that story.

2: It had the best Decepticon characters in any of the movies. Including the single best introduction scene of any of the movies.

3: Unlike the other movies, where they have a huge amount of funding for their CGI, the first film can get away with having a lot of humans in it because it costs a lot of money to animate a CGI model with tens of thousands of moving parts.

4: It had Decepticons instead of Vehicons.


Now, there are still MANY things that AoE does much better than the first film.

1: There's lots more focus on the actual stars of the film.

2: The Autobots are actually interesting characters. Even Bumblebee, I liked Bumblebee in this movie more than the others.

3: The other Autobots are confirmed dead. Including Wheelie, the Twins, and Jolt.

4: Drift. I love this version of Drift.

5: Crosshairs is Rattrap. Watch the movie again and watch some Beast Wars scenes with Rattrap in them. Seriously.

I'll be honest, this is all personal opinion. AoE is crap, the 2007 movie is also crap. In reality though, that's what these movies were always going to be. And I think it's getting to the point where we can't blame JUST Michael Bay and the writers, but we have to blame Hasbro too, and the production company, because they're the ones who okay all of this stuff.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620546)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2014 @ 5:27am CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:2: It had the best Decepticon characters in any of the movies.
There were Decepticon characters in these movies? :P

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:4: It had Decepticons instead of Vehicons.
No movie has had Vehicons.[/petpeeve]
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620548)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 9th, 2014 @ 5:50am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:2: It had the best Decepticon characters in any of the movies.
There were Decepticon characters in these movies? :P

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:4: It had Decepticons instead of Vehicons.
No movie has had Vehicons.[/petpeeve]



Well... they're more characters in the first movie than they were in any movie after!

And I thought they were called Vehicons in AoE? Where the hell did I hear that then? Eh, either way, they sure as hell aren't Decepticons. Galvatron.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620550)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2014 @ 5:53am CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Well... they're more characters in the first movie than they were in any movie after!
More like "monsters" than "characters".

But then, that's pretty much the standard for the Decepticons of these movies. Savages instead of people.

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:And I thought they were called Vehicons in AoE? Where the hell did I hear that then? Eh, either way, they sure as hell aren't Decepticons. Galvatron.
"KSI Prototypes"
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620567)
Posted by Skywarp64 on November 9th, 2014 @ 8:02am CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I just watched the 2007 movie again. I can confirm that it's a better movie than AoE for a few reasons.

1: It has ONE (1) central story, and minor sub-plots that mesh almost flawlessly with that story.

2: It had the best Decepticon characters in any of the movies. Including the single best introduction scene of any of the movies.

3: Unlike the other movies, where they have a huge amount of funding for their CGI, the first film can get away with having a lot of humans in it because it costs a lot of money to animate a CGI model with tens of thousands of moving parts.

4: It had Decepticons instead of Vehicons.


I also like how, at the time of the first one, Optimus Prime hadn't yet devolved into the bloodthirsty, face-stealing psychopath we now know him as.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620570)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 9th, 2014 @ 8:27am CST
Skywarp64 wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I just watched the 2007 movie again. I can confirm that it's a better movie than AoE for a few reasons.

1: It has ONE (1) central story, and minor sub-plots that mesh almost flawlessly with that story.

2: It had the best Decepticon characters in any of the movies. Including the single best introduction scene of any of the movies.

3: Unlike the other movies, where they have a huge amount of funding for their CGI, the first film can get away with having a lot of humans in it because it costs a lot of money to animate a CGI model with tens of thousands of moving parts.

4: It had Decepticons instead of Vehicons.



I also like how, at the time of the first one, Optimus Prime hadn't yet devolved into the bloodthirsty, face-stealing psychopath we now know him as.

The kids seem to like him though, and for Hasbro, thats the important thing.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620586)
Posted by megatronus on November 9th, 2014 @ 10:26am CST
BERSEKAEL wrote:I finally got mine and is just amazing, so I am dropping couple pictures here. the blu ray dvd has different cover presentation for the 3 figurines pack promotion and the grimlock-optimus set, besides the content is identical, and the statue is huge making more sense with bumblebee and stinger rather than optimus from the 3 figurines set. :KREMZEEK:

That's pretty darned cool! Nice catch!

I might need to get this set for myself, just for the figurine...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620630)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2014 @ 2:38pm CST
Skywarp64 wrote:I also like how, at the time of the first one, Optimus Prime hadn't yet devolved into the bloodthirsty, face-stealing psychopath we now know him as.
Yeah, he hadn't quite gotten to taking faces yet, taking the whole of Bonecrusher's head off instead.

By ROTF, he settled for just the faces. :P
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620642)
Posted by Skywarp64 on November 9th, 2014 @ 3:13pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Skywarp64 wrote:I also like how, at the time of the first one, Optimus Prime hadn't yet devolved into the bloodthirsty, face-stealing psychopath we now know him as.
Yeah, he hadn't quite gotten to taking faces yet, taking the whole of Bonecrusher's head off instead.

By ROTF, he settled for just the faces. :P


It's not a question of the method of killing, it's the question of frequency. You are what you repeatedly do. In the first one, Optimus decapitated but one Decepticon. In ROTF, he split Grindor's head in half, and also took off The Fallen's face. In DOTM, he brutally murdered a weakened Megatron and defenseless Sentinel Prime, both of whom ought to have been either taken prisoner or exiled. In AoE, he goes full berserk. He tears through a human facility with little to no regard for its workers, destroys thousands of dollars worth of research in the process, and ultimately holds up one of the higher-ranking employees at gunpoint. He then proceeds to storm savage Dinobots through Hong Kong and then set them loose on the world, which is supposed to be a happy ending but actually has horrifying implications.

Starting to see my point yet? This guy's slagging scary.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Amazon Limited Edition Blu-Ray and Grimlock Statue Set at $29.99 (1620644)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2014 @ 3:17pm CST
Skywarp64 wrote:In ROTF, he split Grindor's head in half, and also took off The Fallen's face.
Don't forget that he shot the disabled Demolishor in the face.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers IF EX-26R Racing Bros. Retrograde (Runabout)(Runamuck)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Quintesson Judge Allicon Sharkticon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Scorponok 21 in Action Figure - WFC-E25" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise  - Ironworks Action Figure" on EBAY