Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US

Wednesday, September 19th, 2018 11:11pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,341

Another great 80s themed sighting today. Godwrath on reddit posted their finding of the Target exclusive Soundwave and Doombox which is part of the Bumblebee movie toyline. This is based on the Transformers Titans Return Soundwave toy but with remolded speakers for a more 80s inspired alt mode. This toy is 50$.

This is one of two Target exclusive sets (which will also be appearing at Argos in the UK), the other being a set of cassettes featuring the toy everyone asked for, Titans Return Frenzy (aka the blue one).

If you find Soundwave, let the community know in the sightings section and sightings forum.

Transformers News: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US

Credit(s): reddit

This article was last modified on Thursday, September 20th, 2018 6:32pm CDT

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1984940)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 19th, 2018 @ 11:29pm CDT
Welp, time to add this to the list of figures that I need to watch for. Was hoping I'd have a little more time, but it's good to know it's out now, and part of the new movie line which means it's more likely to be picked up by stores
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1984943)
Posted by MeGrimlockKing2018 on September 20th, 2018 @ 12:11am CDT
Soundwave G1/Masterpiece superior all other Soundwaves inferior
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1984947)
Posted by william-james88 on September 20th, 2018 @ 12:36am CDT
MeGrimlockKing2018 wrote:Soundwave G1/Masterpiece superior all other Soundwaves inferior

Disagree

Also, holy shit, I never made a top 5 Soundwave toys list. Might wait to see what we get in WFC
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1984960)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 20th, 2018 @ 3:35am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Also, holy ****, I never made a top 5 Soundwave toys list. Might wait to see what we get in WFC

That would be a list to see. Still, I'm pretty sure the G1 original is at least in the top five.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1984963)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 20th, 2018 @ 4:27am CDT
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1984966)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 20th, 2018 @ 4:39am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:The top 5 soundwave figures would be a pretty short list, masterpiece, g1, g1 dual tape, worlds smallest, then animated and prime would have to fight it out (animated should would win for his guitar alone and being'life sized' as a kids toy in robot mode, ratbat or lasereak as guitars. Prime has storage and 'ejectability' for his one non cassette cassette bot, tho he would beat the animated version in a fight).

There's a lot more Soundwaves. Enough that I just can't display them all together and I even sold the INFERIOR ones.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1984980)
Posted by Doombox on September 20th, 2018 @ 8:18am CDT
Not sure if Tesco are getting them too, but in the UK Soundwave and the cassettes will be available through Argos:

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1984991)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 20th, 2018 @ 8:53am CDT
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1984997)
Posted by william-james88 on September 20th, 2018 @ 9:11am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:True there is a lot more sound waves out. I think music label soundwave would even push the animated/prime figures off my list. But I'm a sucker for any soundwave figure for the most part (excluding satellite and FOC, the Titans return figure was almost a pass with it being leader class sized).

It works super well with the other leader seekers and megatron. And he sure looks the part,plus he interacts with the new casettes.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1985004)
Posted by carytheone on September 20th, 2018 @ 9:34am CDT
Can you really pick just 5? Top 10 or GTFO [-( ;)

The vanallia Prime Soundwave is chilling with the other Prime figures. Kinda kills me to not have them all together. The Cassettebots have their own shelf space now.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1985006)
Posted by william-james88 on September 20th, 2018 @ 9:37am CDT

Anyways, the ones I would be considering would be Prime, RID, MP, Animated, G1, HA/MTB and TR battling it out with FOC and Cybertron being tossed the wayside. But then again, I might wait to see if we finally get a good voyager soundwave from this new Generations line.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1985007)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on September 20th, 2018 @ 9:38am CDT
VW Bumblebee, Shadow Raider and DotM Ratchet are up for preorder on BBTS, set for an October release - just snagged my set! May have to wait on Ratchet and Shadow Raider for a bit because rent but I'll at least get Bee.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1985071)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 20th, 2018 @ 3:52pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:my main problem will be how to judge FOC soundwave accurately. I just hate how that toy feels. And the gimmick doesnt work well AAARGH!

I LOVE voyager FOC Soundwave. But it's true that unfortunately the cassette ejecting gimmink just don't work.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1985072)
Posted by Overcracker on September 20th, 2018 @ 4:01pm CDT

I'd expect a new Soundwave for New WFC, to at least have a Lamppost mode in some way. ;)

Oher Soundwaves to toss by the wayside, Titanium, and Machine Wars. The former because he's objectively the worst Soundwave, and the latter because he's really not really Soundwave in my eyes.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1985078)
Posted by william-james88 on September 20th, 2018 @ 5:14pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:

Oh if there is one thing for certain, its that Machine War Soundwave would NEVER be near thst list :twisted:

Titanium soundwave too of course
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1985080)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 20th, 2018 @ 5:20pm CDT
Excuse me, I like that MW figure, it is cool.

Also, time to go Bee movie hunting! I passed on Soundwave in TR and I'm super stoked to hunt him down now
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1985099)
Posted by Overcracker on September 20th, 2018 @ 7:24pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Titanium soundwave too of course

:lol:

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Excuse me, I like that MW figure, it is cool.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the toy in and of itself. But a Soundwave it is not. Had they called him Shockwave, and given him a suitable head I would not have had an issue.

But I just don't see how Soundwave is a grey and maroon missile tank. It would be like making Prowl a pink and black Jet, or making Starscream a purple and yellow car (Alternity notwithstanding).

The universe repaint evokes Shockwave more than it does Soundwave.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1985148)
Posted by Va'al on September 21st, 2018 @ 1:06am CDT
With the latest rounds of reveals from Transformers Bumblebee Movie, and confirmation that Blue Light was indeed new Decepticon character Dropkick, we have a video review for the Energon Igniter series version of the character, sporting the blue muscle car mode (rather than the helicopter seen in the Studio Series version of the character).

The video, shared with us by fellow Seibertronian PrimeVsPrime, shows the Energon Igniter gimmick / power up mode, the vehicle mode, the robot mode and the very quick transformation between the two, as well as a quick comparison with Bumblebee himself. Check it out, and let us know what you think!

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1985430)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 22nd, 2018 @ 8:38pm CDT
WalMart bother to have the new stuff. So the Bee Movie stuff are in, including the SS version. I'm only interested in the big Bug Bee and the smallest one.

How's the legion?
It is very good!

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Soundwave Found in the US (1985433)
Posted by nycPrime on September 22nd, 2018 @ 8:46pm CDT
So I noticed the regular online retailers have MPM-07 for preorder at $90. Is that a Japanese import price? In other words, will I be able to get it cheaper by importing it myself? Will this get a regular US release (Amazon, Wal-mart, etc)?

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
"Generational Taxonomy"
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Megatron and Decepticon Berserker action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-S37 Brunt Weaponizer" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers Power Of The Primes Elita-1 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers dotm megatron incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES MPM-06 AUTOBOT IRONHIDE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Elita-1 (shelf-wear)" on EBAY