Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019 10:38AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 43,385

The Facebook page for In Demand Toys has been updated with images revealing both the Skywarp Battlepack and the Firestorm Battlepack from the Siege line. These are all exclusives, like Greenlight, which is also shown. The Firestorm pack includes a black redeco of Siege Sideswipe which sacrifices his G2 symbol for a Battle Master, along with Slamdance who is a reuse of Flywheels. Skywarp comes with his own squad of Battle Master redecos. From previous listings we know that both of these sets are priced at the leader class price point. From what we know of Greenlight, these will probably be Amazon exclusives in the US, though that is still to be confirmed.

Enjoy and tell us what you think!

Transformers News: ransformers War for Cybertron Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more

Credit(s): in demand toys

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019668)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 23rd, 2019 @ 10:42am CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019672)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on April 23rd, 2019 @ 10:48am CDT
Skywarp looks DOPE. Obviously excited to finish Oritha(sp?) combiner (insert Chromia/Lancer complaint).

I haven't and still don't really care about G2 Sideswipe. Slam Dance makes sense, but I wish they would commit to the cassettes.

I NEED to know whom the Battle Masters are.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019673)
Posted by Terrsolpix on April 23rd, 2019 @ 10:53am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Does anyone with a good memory know off hand if these targetmasters match up with any vintage ones we are 'missing' in the current lineup?

The black and grey one with skywarp might be Kup’s targetmaster but I’m not 100% positive.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019674)
Posted by william-james88 on April 23rd, 2019 @ 10:54am CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019675)
Posted by mentre83 on April 23rd, 2019 @ 10:59am CDT
It's nice to see Slam Dance back, even if not in cassette form.

G2 Sideswipe instead is quite pointless, unless it is meant to represent a new character sharing its deco (something that I previously read referred to Soundblaster).

I'm curious about the Targetmasters, although Skywarp alone would justify getting them.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019676)
Posted by Terrsolpix on April 23rd, 2019 @ 11:00am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Terrsolpix wrote:

Same colors (sans arms but that’s probably due to the limbs being gang molded), double-barreled cannon mode, and a complete lack of an official name yet doesn’t completely rule him out from being recoil. I’m not sure if they’d actually use the name but he fits the bill.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019680)
Posted by MaverickPrime on April 23rd, 2019 @ 11:16am CDT
william-james88 wrote:...a black redeco of Siege Sideswipe which sacrifices his G2 symbol for a Battle Master
Nice line.
these look fantastic...but ouch about the Leader pricepoint, Leaders are REALLY expensive here :/
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019681)
Posted by Autobot N on April 23rd, 2019 @ 11:17am CDT
Skywarp looks amazing, and I'm totally sold on the Slamdance and Sideswipe pack now despite not caring for it before. I wonder when these will be released?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019682)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on April 23rd, 2019 @ 11:25am CDT
Once again a Seeker mold that looks great, but won't be getting for Starscream. Love the look of Skywarp and Thundercracker, but Starscream's colors and the battle damage looks too off putting to me. I'm probably gonna just pick TC and SW up and wait to see what the rumored Redwing will look like if it happens. But I'm loving the look of these sets though, though I'm a little disappointed with Sideswipe's lack of spiked tires :lol:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019683)
Posted by sol magnus on April 23rd, 2019 @ 11:27am CDT
mentre83 wrote:It's nice to see Slam Dance back, even if not in cassette form.

I guess in my "personal continuity" G2 Sideswipe would have to be a different character. Lambo? Spinout? Fish-Tail?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019684)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 23rd, 2019 @ 11:30am CDT
I'm loving Skywarp here, and Slamdance means more fun options for Flywheels and BattleTrap to play around with (in terms of swapping trousers)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019685)
Posted by Grimlocktimus on April 23rd, 2019 @ 11:38am CDT
O get that they've already got the molds but Slamdance being upside down still bugs me... I'd love to see new cassettes of these guys as the originals were my first cassettes... the g1 cassettes in general are just perfect
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019688)
Posted by WiseMan on April 23rd, 2019 @ 11:47am CDT
Why can't they make jets look like jets anymore?! Both Raindance and Skywarp have horrible blocky growths under them that make them look about as aerodynamic as a brick. How is it that the "updates" have worse jet modes than the originals?!
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019690)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on April 23rd, 2019 @ 11:55am CDT
william-james88 wrote:includes a black redeco of Siege Sideswipe which sacrifices his G2 symbol for his Battlemaster

800px-G2-toy_Sideswipe.jpg

His G2 toy had a G1 symbol on it, so I'm pretty sure he didn't sacrifice anything for it. Maybe some decals though, but yeah.

Don't worry about it though, I didn't know about it till I looked at the original toy ;)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019693)
Posted by Lore Keeper on April 23rd, 2019 @ 12:00pm CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019694)
Posted by o.supreme on April 23rd, 2019 @ 12:06pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:TFWiki lists Slamdance as a redeco of Skytread, but he is definitely sporting a new head. I was worried they would cheap out, but Hasbro pulled through on this one. :D

I think it's a repainted Battletrap Head.... :lol:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019695)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 23rd, 2019 @ 12:17pm CDT
I'm confused, even greenlight will be $50? By the way I did some quick math and the Skywarp and Sideswipe sets come out to around $45 USD, looks like the extra few bucks are for the privilege of being able to buy official Hasbro product. I'm really disappointed with Slamdance as I would've hoped we would've gotten the proper weapons.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019696)
Posted by o.supreme on April 23rd, 2019 @ 12:27pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm confused, even greenlight will be $50?

I hope not. In the past 2 years when Deluxes figures came with a *little something extra* (thinking TR Arcee, Grotusque & last years Punch, Blast off, and Repugnus) they were between $25 and $30, I would expect/hope Greenlight, Lancer and the other Deluxes to be around the $30 US Price Point (20 dollar deluxe plus 6 dollar Battle Master plus a small markup for packaging and exclusivity)

Skywarp having 3 battle Masters would normally retail for 30 + 6x3(18) So $48.... Meaning $50.00 would not be a bad price at all for everything included.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019697)
Posted by Flashwave on April 23rd, 2019 @ 12:46pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:
mentre83 wrote:It's nice to see Slam Dance back, even if not in cassette form.

Spinout is already taken, he's the red redeco of Sunstreaker. And a Chef... Who got promoted to a field commander... Because the Cons ripped tjrough everyone else above the chain of command.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Skywarp, Slamdance, G2 Sideswipe and more Revealed (2019698)
Posted by Glarryg on April 23rd, 2019 @ 12:56pm CDT
Okay, well, not the Slamdance I've been hoping for, but it's nice to see that someone remembered him, and that he's not just a redeco. Also, is it me or does it seem like whenever one of the original three Seekers is made an exclusive of some sort it's always Skywarp?

Glarryg

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
"The Real Ghostbusters"
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 30 Deluxe Class Dark of The Moon Crankcase Action..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie : DROPKICK & MEGATRON FIGURES ( NEW )" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Gnaw Titans Return Lot X4" on EBAY
Buy "Mastermind Creations Reformatted R-19 Kultur Transformers Tarn complete MMC" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers DOTM Cyberfire Bumblebee Mechtech Dark of the Moon Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TRANSFORMERS ARMOR TOPSPIN DARK OF THE MOON DOTM MOVIE DELUXE CLASS AUTOBOTS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations/ROTF Cybertronian Grimlock, Nightbeat, ROTF Whirl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Megatron Mechtech" on EBAY