Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019"

Wednesday, July 24th, 2019 5:27PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: xRotorstormx   Views: 36,423

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Proceed on your way to oblivion with episode 227 of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. Join your host Scotty P as he welcomes Megatronus along with special guests all the way from SDCC, Seibertron and Mr. Starscream before being joined for a last minute visit from xRotorstormx. New Generations Siege product overload accompanies the chaos bringer as the cast breaks down all the latest from the show. Will all these new reveals be your destiny? You'll have to tune in to find out!

Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Here's what we talk about during this episode:

  • It's no surprise we start of this episode with some deep discussion on the new HasLab Unicron.

    Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019"

  • Next up, the Rainmakers finally make their totally tubular appearance in the Siege line - which Scotty totally predicted.

    Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019"

  • We then discuss the triumphant return of the Dinocassettes a with Gurafi and Noizu.

    Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019"

  • Completely coming out of left field, the infamous Shackwave and the eyecatching Lancer have been revealed as part of the Generations Selects line.

    Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019"

  • Something else we never saw coming? An updated Car Powerdasher...wait, what?
  • Paul jumps in to remind us about the cell shaded goodness of the "Classic Animation" Optimus Prime and Megatron figures revealed at SDCC.
  • Up next we dive deeper into the Siege reveals with Rung, Ratbat and more.

    Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019"

  • Soundblaster and Bluestreak also made their debut along with a G1 inspired Refraktor.
  • Scotty drops a sampling of vintage Japanese micromaster knowledge as we discuss the upcoming Siege Micromaster 10 pack.
  • Ryan and Paul were lucky enough to be on hand for the IDW panel as they discuss the latest news in the comic world.

    Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019"

  • Bragging Rights close out the "normal" part of the episode in brave fashion.

    Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019"

  • The content continues with two interviews from SDCC. Join Seibertron as he chats with the Hasbro Transformers brand team about Unicron and much more.

    Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019"

  • One interview wasn't enough as Seibertron continues his on-site coverage in a chat with Drew Nolosco from Wizards of the Coast, Brand Manager for the Transformers Trading Card Game.

    Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019"

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2031442)
Posted by Stargrave on July 24th, 2019 @ 9:04pm CDT
Thanks for the episode!

Great times as always everyone - I loved hearing from all these Seibertronians whose names I’ve seen so much :D

Look forward to the next one.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2031452)
Posted by ScottyP on July 24th, 2019 @ 10:32pm CDT
Stargrave wrote:Thanks for the episode!

Great times as always everyone - I loved hearing from all these Seibertronians whose names I’ve seen so much :D

Look forward to the next one.
I'm impressed and pleased that you listened to the while three hour marathon already! Thanks!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2031453)
Posted by megatronus on July 24th, 2019 @ 10:41pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Stargrave wrote:Thanks for the episode!

Great times as always everyone - I loved hearing from all these Seibertronians whose names I’ve seen so much :D

Look forward to the next one.
I'm impressed and pleased that you listened to the while three hour marathon already! Thanks!

Yea, that was damn quick. Impressive!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2031454)
Posted by Stargrave on July 24th, 2019 @ 10:44pm CDT
Well check it out I had a free day, I’d been looking forward to the episode post Con, the kids are with grandma, and admittedly nothing else to do it made for a perfect day dude :lol: perfect background while looking for news.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2031616)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 25th, 2019 @ 6:55pm CDT
Listened to this twice at work today, gonna take another listen tomorrow.

I need to write down my thoughts then, I'm having a hard time remembering all i wanted to say!

Damn, backers 2-5 all in one podcast! I bet a Unicron someone from the staff/podcast crew of TFW was #1.

I swear, I have now listened to 3 Podcasts with Ryan on it, and almost everytime, I find myself going like this when he gives an opinion:

Image

I don't think he and I can have more different opinions on movie toys and the movies in general!

I'm hoping we get a rush towards the end. this is way too special to not happen. Ari is completely right.

I liked the Micromaster knowledge! I thought these were other parts to the teams, I didn't know these were mostly japanese micros. Thanks for that!

I'm glad SS will get it's due later on when it can be a focus, and i really want to see Devastator, but I still wish we had got something at this con. Just 1 figure would have made me happy.

I think the thing I was most excited for was Rung, with the Fan vote 3 pack as my 2nd favorite. About time Impactor got is right head, and yay holo Mirage!

The rainmakers look so bland, but I will get them, it will be nice to start assembling the seeker armada!

I too am frustrated by the people who want Unicron to fail. Like come on, it needs its fair chance, and if you think it shouldn't be made because you don't want to pay that, that's wrong.

I really wish I could be on and talk about the shear cost of all this engineering stuff to justify the costs. I work as an engineer, and it has amazed me in my job career how expensive it all is but how justified it is. I mean hell, just the cost of the engineers themselves is a daunting thing, but then you start getting into specialized materials, the cost of the materials, the cost of installation, it all adds up so fast. The price does not surprise me at all when you look at exclusive stuff, especially one as heavy as 3 standard titans. And the fact that they have been working for 18 months on this, they already have sunk a huge cost into this. They've pretty much sunk most of the man power wages in already and that's a huge cost to begin with.

I know I'm not the right type of engineer, but all engineers share similar experiences and knowledge.

Nice show guys and gals!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2031650)
Posted by Stargrave on July 25th, 2019 @ 10:15pm CDT
I just have to say once again - I personally feel Orthia is a name better fitting a disgruntled lunch lady.

I also want to say down with the Unicron haters. I could never financially make that happen maybe someday but not now, but as a fan, THAT MUST HAPPEN!

I thought Ari put it very very well and with the same passion for the original movie that I share behind what he was saying. I so hope Unicron happens. I want every fan who can afford that to have as many as they can get!

So awesome you all were some of the first backers I love that :lol:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2031668)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 26th, 2019 @ 2:12am CDT
Had to stop listening for today after the bragging rights, so I figured I'd put my thoughts up until this point here now while I still remembered them.

I'd agree on the Golden Age comments...as long as you don't dislike G1, because Generations is clearly their main product focus right now and is still lacking in non-G1 bots. I don't find that bad by any means since I didn't grow up on G1 and therefore didn't own a lot of these characters, but I know that there are still some fans put-off by that, and there have been some releases/choices that make me a bit twitchy.

The G2-ish Decepticon Jets y'all forgot the name of are the Predators, by the way, and as soon as I typed that Burn went on high alert and doesn't know why.

Figure(s) I want made at this point (G1-only): At this point, I guess Deluxes of the G1 Insecticons, including Venom/Venin/whatever his name is now, Barrage, and Ransack in addition to the main trio, plus a Sunstorm and the Wheeljack to fight Spinister. (I didn't vote for Shrapnel in the poll though because Needlenose deserved it more, and I'm good with my Legends-class Chop Shop for now, his small stature benefits his thieving nature)
Figure(s) I want made, non-G1 category: More Unicron Trilogy characters and Beast Wars updates, specifically Transmetal Tarantulas, Predacon Inferno, Predacon Rampage, Depth Charge, Transmetal Megs, at least one of the BW Dinobot designs, Tigerhawk, Terrosaur, and Armada Demolishor. I don't care if that means more pre-Earth designs for them to fit in WFC, I just really want those characters and design schemes. (I do keep hearing rumors that people heard teasers of something coming for the 25th anniversary of BW from SDCC, but I can't really confirm any of it)

I'm personally very excited for the Rainmakers, Acid Storm is my favorite Seekers and their bright neon solid colors and battle damage splotches have caused me to start likening them to poison dart frogs.

Unicron's way too out of my price range to even consider, but I don't want him anyway so I'm good. ;)^

Also today I learned that xRotorstormx is a woman, since this is only the 3rd time I've tuned in
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2031804)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 26th, 2019 @ 6:34pm CDT
I remembered to catch it this time!

EVAC!!!

the ride is so much fun and Evac is a great little exclusive! I am so glad I have him
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2032020)
Posted by Seibertron on July 27th, 2019 @ 10:31pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I swear, I have now listened to 3 Podcasts with Ryan on it, and almost everytime, I find myself going like this when he gives an opinion:

Image

I don't think he and I can have more different opinions on movie toys and the movies in general!


LOL. Man I don't even remember what I said about the movie toys and the movies in general. What did I say that you have an opposite opinion on?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2032103)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 28th, 2019 @ 9:49am CDT
Seibertron wrote:LOL. Man I don't even remember what I said about the movie toys and the movies in general. What did I say that you have an opposite opinion on?

I've listened back as far as the 190's, and I'm pretty sure you were on 3 times in major speaking roles during that time. (setting up a reference timescale).

At least in this one, the mention of Studio series came up and I think the only thing said by you was that Devastator was ugly and Unicron was fantastic. Which to be fair Unicron looks good, but I love movie Devastator. A hulking behemoth who has to walk on all fours because of his size and build. He was the first combiner I ever saw in Transformers, the first I ever got as a toy, and until Fall of Cybertron Ruination (toy) and Bruticus (in game), was the only combiner I had or really had seen in any regards. So I have a very strong opinion of how much i like him.

We also differ on our opinions of the other toys, seeing as how I love movie toys and I love the challenges associated with transforming them and the fun of the designs, whereas the closest the movies have gotten for you was the Bee movie opening scenes. You and I have almost opposite opinions on the designs in general and also the toys.

I also have mostly enjoyed the entire movieverse, most of TLK not withstanding. The movies are my G1, and I love them so. It irks me a bit when they are talked down upon, which is fair in some points I concede, but I still jump to love and defend them, because there are a ton like me who love them and love their looks and aesthetics.

You and I just have 2 very different preferences and eras: you in the 80's, me in the mid-2000's to 2010's.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2032147)
Posted by Seibertron on July 28th, 2019 @ 12:57pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:You and I just have 2 very different preferences and eras: you in the 80's, me in the mid-2000's to 2010's.


That's too bad that you think I'm in the 80s. That's hardly any basis for my TF preferences. I love a lot of the movie stuff and I still really like the first 3 tf movies. Flaws and all. I'm definitely not a G1 wunner. Beast Wars and TF animated are probably my favorite two cartoon series. And I certainly like movie aesthetics, including our little ugly ROTF Devastator, balls and all.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2032151)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 28th, 2019 @ 1:20pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:You and I just have 2 very different preferences and eras: you in the 80's, me in the mid-2000's to 2010's.


That's too bad that you think I'm in the 80s. That's hardly any basis for my TF preferences. I love a lot of the movie stuff and I still really like the first 3 tf movies. Flaws and all. I'm definitely not a G1 wunner. Beast Wars and TF animated are probably my favorite two cartoon series. And I certainly like movie aesthetics, including our little ugly ROTF Devastator, balls and all.

Ah I see. listening to you on the Podcast, i would not have guessed that. I can tell you like Beast Wars by your quote in your bio, but your general excitement over anything mainline generations (which is overwhelmingly G1 based) gave me the impression that you favored the 80's toy stuff (not cartoon aesthetic based on the MP threads). Listening to you, i would not have guessed you were into the movie stuff really at all. and I don't think I've ever heard you mention Animated at all.

Ok, glad that is cleared up some! I love the movies and Devastator and all of those guys. Now I understand more where you are coming from there
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2032282)
Posted by xRotorstormx on July 29th, 2019 @ 7:16am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:Also today I learned that xRotorstormx is a woman, since this is only the 3rd time I've tuned in



:lol: I haven't been on as much as I used to (early this year I finally finished up my Professional Certificate in GIS so that kept me busy off and on for the last 1.5/2 years. I went through a period were I really needed a TF hiatus to refocus so getting back to the podcast was refreshing.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2032297)
Posted by Stargrave on July 29th, 2019 @ 9:04am CDT
xRotorstormx wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Also today I learned that xRotorstormx is a woman, since this is only the 3rd time I've tuned in



:lol: I haven't been on as much as I used to (early this year I finally finished up my Professional Certificate in GIS so that kept me busy off and on for the last 1.5/2 years. I went through a period were I really needed a TF hiatus to refocus so getting back to the podcast was refreshing.


Hey that’s hella cool congratulations Rotorstorm! I’m going back to school too that’s rad. Never too old my friend.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2032406)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 29th, 2019 @ 3:12pm CDT
Stargrave wrote:
xRotorstormx wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Also today I learned that xRotorstormx is a woman, since this is only the 3rd time I've tuned in



:lol: I haven't been on as much as I used to (early this year I finally finished up my Professional Certificate in GIS so that kept me busy off and on for the last 1.5/2 years. I went through a period were I really needed a TF hiatus to refocus so getting back to the podcast was refreshing.


Hey that’s hella cool congratulations Rotorstorm! I’m going back to school too that’s rad. Never too old my friend.

Congratulations to both of you, that's awesome. I'm still in school for my BS in Mechanical Engineering, so hearing from people further on in the system already is always encouraging. Y'all are good people. ;)^
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2032429)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 29th, 2019 @ 6:07pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Stargrave wrote:
xRotorstormx wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Also today I learned that xRotorstormx is a woman, since this is only the 3rd time I've tuned in



:lol: I haven't been on as much as I used to (early this year I finally finished up my Professional Certificate in GIS so that kept me busy off and on for the last 1.5/2 years. I went through a period were I really needed a TF hiatus to refocus so getting back to the podcast was refreshing.


Hey that’s hella cool congratulations Rotorstorm! I’m going back to school too that’s rad. Never too old my friend.

Congratulations to both of you, that's awesome. I'm still in school for my BS in Mechanical Engineering, so hearing from people further on in the system already is always encouraging. Y'all are good people. ;)^

Ah GIS, my old friend and enemy. I'm thankful to have a friend at work who is much better at using it than me! Because I do have to use it every so often.

How far are you into your BS Nemesis? I graduated in '17 with a BS in Environmental Engineering and a BA in Chemistry.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2032449)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 29th, 2019 @ 7:00pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:How far are you into your BS Nemesis? I graduated in '17 with a BS in Environmental Engineering and a BA in Chemistry.

Going back for my third year next month, currently on track to graduate in Spring 2021. The instructors for my department have spent the past few years saying that this year was going to be the worst, but I took some of the rough classes a bit early already, so here's hoping I make it out alive. :KREMZEEK:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2032452)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 29th, 2019 @ 7:06pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:How far are you into your BS Nemesis? I graduated in '17 with a BS in Environmental Engineering and a BA in Chemistry.

Going back for my third year next month, currently on track to graduate in Spring 2021. The instructors for my department have spent the past few years saying that this year was going to be the worst, but I took some of the rough classes a bit early already, so here's hoping I make it out alive. :KREMZEEK:

Speaking from experience, Junior year is the hardest, but you'll make it! Senior year is not as hard but you can have a lot of fun too!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #227 "SDCC 2019" (2038085)
Posted by xRotorstormx on September 13th, 2019 @ 7:26am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Stargrave wrote:
xRotorstormx wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Also today I learned that xRotorstormx is a woman, since this is only the 3rd time I've tuned in



:lol: I haven't been on as much as I used to (early this year I finally finished up my Professional Certificate in GIS so that kept me busy off and on for the last 1.5/2 years. I went through a period were I really needed a TF hiatus to refocus so getting back to the podcast was refreshing.


Hey that’s hella cool congratulations Rotorstorm! I’m going back to school too that’s rad. Never too old my friend.

Congratulations to both of you, that's awesome. I'm still in school for my BS in Mechanical Engineering, so hearing from people further on in the system already is always encouraging. Y'all are good people. ;)^

Ah GIS, my old friend and enemy. I'm thankful to have a friend at work who is much better at using it than me! Because I do have to use it every so often.

Thanks! I keep toying with the idea of going for a Master's but... yeah, I like my free time ha ha. GIS has certainly has changed a lot since I was in college - holy moly! It's starting to move towards this ArcGIS Pro software versus ArcMap so I am becoming the old crotchety person in the office who doesn't like it because its different than what I have been using the last 10+ years :lol: :lol:

How far are you into your BS Nemesis? I graduated in '17 with a BS in Environmental Engineering and a BA in Chemistry.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
Twincast / Podcast #234:
"Hell in a Cel"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers legends LG14 ultra Magnus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG15 Night Bird shadow" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Q TRANSFORMERS QTF-01 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG20 Skids" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Thundercracker - GDO - Generations - TRU Legends Free Shipping" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on EBAY
Buy "New/Sealed Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG21 Hardhead Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY