4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022

4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021 9:35pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 43,209

We have been sent a list of upcoming toys for 2022 and we are breaking them down per line. Of course, since we only have listed names from ordering sheets and no actual listings, you should take these with a grain of salt.

This list below is for the Beast Wars vintage line which is remaining Walmart exclusive for the next year. What is absolutely amazing about the list of toys below is that unlike the ones form this year, some of these were never rereleased and, more importantly, they all come with accessories that have been easy to lose (like Tarantulas' leg missiles and K-9's spinal missiles). It also includes one of the greatest Transformers toys ever made, BW Cybershark. The list is below followed by gallery links for you to see the toys.

Tra Gen BW vintage Terrorsaur x6
Tra Gen BW vintage Tarantulas x6
Tra Gen BW vintage Cybershark x6
Tra Gen BW vintage K-9 x6

Transformers News: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022
Transformers Beast Wars Tarantulas (Tarans) Gallery

Transformers News: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022
Transformers Beast Wars Cybershark Gallery

Transformers News: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022
Transformers Beast Wars Terrorsaur (Terrorsaurer) Gallery

Transformers News: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022
Transformers Beast Wars K-9 (Max-B) Gallery

Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116542)
Posted by Flashwave on September 23rd, 2021 @ 12:37am CDT
Coming to you Live from Left Field!

Cyber shark and K9? Welcome figures because unlike the others I don’t have multiple versions, but boy are those left field
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116544)
Posted by Emerje on September 23rd, 2021 @ 1:14am CDT
Cool, I have K9 and would love to get the other 3 for my collection.

Emerje
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116545)
Posted by Nemesis Reformatted on September 23rd, 2021 @ 1:36am CDT

But it's totally awesome to see him on the list & mentioned again after all these years. The stupid fans would never choose a non-show character for anything. Just being honest. Most fans try to erase anything that wasn't in the toon. :roll:
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116552)
Posted by MaximalNui on September 23rd, 2021 @ 5:27am CDT
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:Cybershark is my #1 favorite Beast Wars character but I wanted a new version with updated articulation. I obviously have the original. So I was disappointed to see it's just a reissue. :(

Can't say for everyone, but for me it's mostly a cost-saving measure: since I can't spend all my money on collections, I just buy the ones that more accurately represent the characters I watched and loved.

Though if I remember correctly, Cybershark and the other toyline-exclusive characters were the stars of the original IDW Beast Wars comics, and they all apeared as background cameos at the end of the original IDW continuity, so that might be a good enough loophole...if they ever get here, that is; it's already hard to find contemporary Transformers in my town, let alone reissues.
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116559)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on September 23rd, 2021 @ 7:38am CDT
Cybershark and Wolfang (which K-9 is a redeco of) were always my favourite non-show Beast Wars toys, so this is pretty rad. I have both figures already, but I’ll probably pick the reissues up anyway to keep in box.
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116562)
Posted by Whifflefire on September 23rd, 2021 @ 8:10am CDT

Well I, for one, have been pining for a Generations Razorbeast for Years, and was really hoping that Polar Claw was going to happen. I would certainly be interested in updated or rereleased toy-only characters.
( :PRAY: Magmatron, Magmatron, Magmatron :PRAY: )

K-9 and Cybershark are MINE ASAP
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116563)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on September 23rd, 2021 @ 8:18am CDT
New molds of Razorbeast and Polar Claw would be dope. Shame we didn’t get the latter in Kingdom as was originally rumoured.
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116571)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 23rd, 2021 @ 9:25am CDT
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116573)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on September 23rd, 2021 @ 9:34am CDT
TOO MUCH ENERGON! wrote:Cybershark and Wolfang (which K-9 is a redeco of)

K-9 is a redeco and retool of Wolfang. Beast Mode and detachable shield have different engineering.

MaximalNui wrote:Though if I remember correctly, Cybershark and the other toyline-exclusive characters were the stars of the original IDW Beast Wars comics

As far as The Gathering/Ascending, no. Furman stuck these characters as 'visual cameos with odd, generic lines of dialogue'. The Beast Wars 2 and Neo characters got all the attention instead.

Sabrblade wrote:Interestingly about Razorbeast, his upcoming appearance in the new Beast Wars comics is due to Hasbro vetoing the comic writer's original character choice. Erik Burnham wanted to bring in a different Beast Wars character, but Hasbro said "No, that character is off limits." So he went with Razorbeast instead. Makes you wonder who was originally and why Hasbro stepped in and forbade that character's use.

:-? Curious. Who would be no-go, after all these years?

Polar Claw? Transquito?? The Mutants???
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116575)
Posted by Sculyblast on September 23rd, 2021 @ 9:42am CDT

of the Non-transmetal, non-fusor toys we get the following options:

Armordillo, Clawjaw, Snarl, Wolffang, K9, Grimlock, Cybershark, Bonecrusher, Polarclaw and B'boom.

of these, Armordillo, Clawjaw and Snarl are just too bland.

B'boom is always hard to make work in a story. it is a primate that transforms into a primate. So I don't think the writer would pick him as character

I cannot think of any reason why Wolffang, K9, Cybershark and Bonecrusher would be too controversial.

Polarclaw is interesting, perhaps the same logic that brough on this veto, brought on the cancelation of a polarclaw kingdom toy.

I can see them veto-ing grimlock, because they don't want the character to be overused.
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116576)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 23rd, 2021 @ 9:43am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

:-? Curious. Who would be no-go, after all these years?

Polar Claw? Transquito?? The Mutants???
All I know is that Burnham said he wasn't allowed to say, not even what its beast mode was since that would have given away its identity.

The only BW character that comes to mind that I could see Hasbro putting their foot down on is BW Grimlock, but it's fun to wonder if it could have been someone without any ties to G1 like those you mentioned.
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116577)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on September 23rd, 2021 @ 9:48am CDT
BW Grimlock would make sense as a veto. Yet he does have a new toy in Kingdom... Unlike cancelled Polar Claw. That's definitely piqued my curiosity.

The Mutants came to my mind. Since they are a bit of a grey area of the toyline. I doubt they will ever be reissued or rolled into another series.
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116579)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 23rd, 2021 @ 9:58am CDT
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116580)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on September 23rd, 2021 @ 10:06am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I guess we'll have to see what kind of role Razorbeast plays. If he emerges from his pod a newly born Maximal, that'll make it harder to figure out who he replaced. But if he emerges as a preexisting person from Cybertron who was put into stasis, that might make it easier.

Indeed. Back on topic, it would be nice for more of the old basics to be reissued. Like Razorbeast, Insecticon and Armordillo...

I have all the Wolfang and Cybershark mold variants. The only Terrorsaur figure I liked was the TM 1 design. As for Tarantulas. While I had and loved the figure. I also recall it's very obvious flaw in the ball jointed "hands". So I wouldn't rebuy that one.
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116585)
Posted by william-james88 on September 23rd, 2021 @ 10:58am CDT
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116586)
Posted by william-james88 on September 23rd, 2021 @ 11:02am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116588)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on September 23rd, 2021 @ 11:06am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I have been missing one of Cybershark's pectoral fins since I had him, so this will truly be amazing to finally have a complete one.

I'm missing a Frill on Reptilion (TM 2 Iguanus redeco) and pectoral fin on TM1 Sky Byte, since I bought them. Specific spare parts seem hard to come by with Beast Wars figures :-?

william-james88 wrote:I would love to get all those basics again, such amazing toys. Simple but not simplified, if that makes sense. That pic is missing the snapping turtle, one of the best of the bunch.

Indeed. Snapper is a great little figure! As is Razorclaw, the first BW crab. You'll note some of the figures I've mentioned (The Mutants, Armordillo) were plagued with GPS. Stable reissues for such notorious figures would be welcome. I wonder if they would bother?
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116598)
Posted by o.supreme on September 23rd, 2021 @ 12:45pm CDT

Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116610)
Posted by william-james88 on September 23rd, 2021 @ 1:38pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Did I miss something? I didn't see BW Scorponok on the list of new wave reissue leaks, yet PvP has a review of one up as of an hour ago... :???:

But no box, rrrrgh

Also, the list we posted was for 2022, if this scorponok is for 2021 we wouldn't have seen it.
Re: 4 More Vintage Beast Wars Figures to be Released in 2022 (2116611)
Posted by o.supreme on September 23rd, 2021 @ 1:44pm CDT
True, but I just figured, as late we are into the year, the initial 4 releases, which just came out recently, would be all there was for 2021.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron FOC Bruticus!" on EBAY