Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image

Friday, January 15th, 2016 10:06AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 45,634

Leading up to registration for BotCon, the TFCC's representative in the Energon Pub TF_JW has just shared with us the mock-up of Predacus - the combined form of this year's box set, featuring Generals Cicadacon, Seaclamp and Ramhorn, plus agents Ravage and Tarantulas, and a new headsculpt reminiscent of the Tripredacus figure from Beast Wars. Check it out below!

It is finally here. The DAWN OF THE PREDACUS! Check out the near final sample for this fearsome Combiner Wars Predacon, available exclusively through BotCon! For more information visit BotCon.com

Transformers News: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image
Credit(s): BotCon
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755789)
Posted by Gearslide on January 15th, 2016 @ 10:10am CST
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755791)
Posted by Black Hat on January 15th, 2016 @ 10:13am CST
Seeing this, I really, REALLY hope Takara retools CW Brawl so his turret can rotate.
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755792)
Posted by william-james88 on January 15th, 2016 @ 10:14am CST
Gearslide wrote:Wow! That works together so well! That looks great! There's a nice unified color scheme with how the legs have red kibble and the torso has the same blue and black from Tarantulas and Ravage!

Yup! I will give them that. They said that the combined mode would bring in the colours and make it more diverse and not just red and they were right. I will not be getting this combiner simply because of budget but I wills say that it is indeed better than the sum of its parts. Kuddos Fun Pub!
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755794)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 15th, 2016 @ 10:15am CST
Looks totally awesome but there are some things wrong with his right arm. The upper arm is mistransformed (maybe by purpose) and he has the wrong hand. And where are the weapons?
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755808)
Posted by Insurgent on January 15th, 2016 @ 10:37am CST
That face is hilarious and I want it.
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755810)
Posted by megatronus on January 15th, 2016 @ 10:40am CST
OK, I was down on the combiner before, but this is not NEARLY as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, just the opposite: it's badass! The torso pulls in Tarantulus' colors surprisingly well, and the overall palette is much more cohesive than originally speculated.

Also, the head - it works, and more than that, it's gruesomely pleasing!

However, Ramhorn... I want to readjust the shoulder so the drill faces upward and you have some symmetry. But obviously that's something that requires 2 seconds of handling to fix.

I... can't believe how exciting I am for this now. :D
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755819)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 15th, 2016 @ 10:49am CST
Ramhorn looks cool, but otherwise... yawn.
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755821)
Posted by Seibertron on January 15th, 2016 @ 11:00am CST
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755826)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on January 15th, 2016 @ 11:08am CST
I super want that, actually. The chest breaks up the absurd amount of red. The head is a brilliant reinvention of the Tripredacus head. I love it!
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755827)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on January 15th, 2016 @ 11:13am CST
so they're using Rook mold as Tarantulas?
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755832)
Posted by Insurgent on January 15th, 2016 @ 11:27am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:so they're using Rook mold as Tarantulas?

Yep. With his Transmetal colourscheme. And a new head. Honestly, I prefer my Tarantulas's to be bikes. But I'll see how I feel when I get this in hand.
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755837)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 15th, 2016 @ 11:40am CST
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755839)
Posted by Gunmetal on January 15th, 2016 @ 11:45am CST
Dang. I thought that there was no possible way they could work Tarrantulas and Ravage into any kind of pleasing color scheme with the other three, and yet...boom...there it is! :APPLAUSE:

This guy is right up there with Grand Galvatron as "toy-with-no-place-in-my-collection-but-I'll-fanwank-one-anyway-because-he's-that-awesome-looking".

I mean, I would if I could afford him. :-(
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755844)
Posted by megatronus on January 15th, 2016 @ 11:47am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I like it, though now I would like to see pictures of them using ravage and tarantulas as arms to see how the colour scheme handles that. So now we just have to wait and see what the other figures are...

I'd like to see them as arms too. Still, Ravage and Tarantulus as legs hews closer to homaging the original Tripredacus color scheme, so I'll probably keep them on the lower half of the combiner.

Yea... I'm much happier with this when I look at it as an homage rather than update.
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755846)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 15th, 2016 @ 11:51am CST
That is soooo badass!!!!!! I want it!!!!! Very badly!!!!!!!!! :BOT:
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755851)
Posted by Gunmetal on January 15th, 2016 @ 11:57am CST
megatronus wrote:

I'd like to see them as arms too. Still, Ravage and Tarantulus as legs hews closer to homaging the original Tripredacus color scheme, so is probably keep them on the lower half of the combiner.

Another reason to use the displayed configuration is the feet, which (unless it's just the light) seem to have chip-prone chrome paint on them. Using them as feet will protect them better.

(I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but consider: the feet only get scratched on the underside, while the hands will take hits to their fronts and tops if when the figure tips forward for whatever reason.)
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755855)
Posted by Va'al on January 15th, 2016 @ 12:06pm CST
Seibertron wrote:Tripredacus / Predacus looks good. I'm still not a fan of Tarantulas or Ravage, but it looks good combined. Time to work on Triplecacus' gallery this year!

I thought we had one already - to which I linked in the post?

Comparison time!

Image Image Image

Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755866)
Posted by Mr Skram on January 15th, 2016 @ 12:28pm CST
That mimicry of the old combined chest is pretty cool.
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755870)
Posted by shajaki on January 15th, 2016 @ 12:34pm CST
Re: Botcon 2016 Dawn of the Predacus Combiner Image (1755872)
Posted by Mr Skram on January 15th, 2016 @ 12:39pm CST
shajaki wrote:Well... this may be the one combiner team I have that won't be displayed as such. Not to say I don't totally dig it, but I'm more jazzed about the Tripredacus Council members having their own (show inspired) figures now that I want them standing seperately. Possibly about a little table I plan to make :-?

Wire up a light above the table! Or at least duct tape a flashlight or something. :-D

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019