Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5

Tuesday, October 9th, 2018 3:13AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 11,043

Courtesy of IDW Publishing directly, and embargo dates passing, we have the full preview to share for this week's Transformers comics release in the form of Unicron #5 - the penultimate issue in the mini-series, and the end of the world as we know it!

The contents of the book do spoil a little of yet unreleased Optimus Prime #24, but nothing major from what is present in the preview below, so you're still clear to read if you're following the single issues. Take a look, and join us later this week for a Seibertron.com review and Energon Pub discussion!

Transformers: Unicron #5 (of 6)
John Barber (w) • Alex Milne (a & c)
THE END IS HERE! The Transformers bots make one last, desperate stand against Unicron, as Optimus Prime plunges deep into the monster—and into the dark history that spawned them both.
FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Bullet points:
• The final battle rages as Unicron attacks the Earth!
• Jam-packed with guest stars in a battle for survival—but will anyone make it out alive?
• Variant covers by Fico Ossio and Francesco Francavilla!

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5
Credit(s): IDW

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988281)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on October 9th, 2018 @ 7:42am CDT
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988290)
Posted by YoungPrime on October 9th, 2018 @ 9:19am CDT
I haven't read any of the Unicron books yet save for Zero.

Having BW characters as Unicron's minions or whatever is kind of a turn off. But I'll likely just binge read this entire series at some point.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988291)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on October 9th, 2018 @ 9:22am CDT
I love how even Cobra is helping. Including three different Cobra Commanders.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988296)
Posted by Flashwave on October 9th, 2018 @ 10:41am CDT
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:I love how even Cobra is helping. Including three different Cobra Commanders.

Yeah, it’s hard to rule the world when someone else shows up and goes OM NOM NOM on it
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988297)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on October 9th, 2018 @ 10:42am CDT
Flashwave wrote:

My thoughts exactly. :lol:
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988324)
Posted by Nexus Knight on October 9th, 2018 @ 1:31pm CDT
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

Till all are one. ;)
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988339)
Posted by Randomhero on October 9th, 2018 @ 2:25pm CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:After this issue publishes, everything else will be "last issues" and conclusions. :-(

Still two issues of Optimus Prime left
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988390)
Posted by ScottyP on October 9th, 2018 @ 6:56pm CDT
In case anyone needs a reference or is curious:

Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988481)
Posted by Va'al on October 10th, 2018 @ 3:50am CDT
"G2"

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :lol:
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988523)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 10th, 2018 @ 10:15am CDT
Va'al wrote:"G2"

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :lol:

I not sure I get it...
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988537)
Posted by ScottyP on October 10th, 2018 @ 12:10pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:I haven't read any of the Unicron books yet save for Zero.

It's a fun nod to Armada, and Beast Wars Neo to a much lesser extent. I only bring up BWN since Drancron was one of the first ones seen back in OP 14 (or 13 or whenever the Throttlebots stuff was.)

ZeroWolf wrote:
Va'al wrote:"G2"

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :lol:

I not sure I get it...
Be forewarned that most jokes are not funny once explained and this will likely be one of those cases. Anyway, the middle of the scene has a big tub or container of Sparks. One of the few of them to become a Transformer so far is, more or less, G2 Sideswipe, hence the joke.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988723)
Posted by o.supreme on October 11th, 2018 @ 2:53pm CDT

ok, I'm glad I'm not going insane when I saw that. Why in the world are there 3 Cobra Commanders...man i'm glad this is all coming to an end... :BANG_HEAD:

I also think I saw a G2 Sideswipe, but he's dead right...RIGHT???....
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Unicron #5 (1988805)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on October 12th, 2018 @ 12:30am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

I also think I saw a G2 Sideswipe, but he's dead right...RIGHT???....

The reason there’s 3 Cobra Commanders is because there are 3 characters who have claimed that title: Krake (the dude in the cape) who led Cobra up until he disappeared between G.I. Joe vol. 3 and 4; Tomax (in the classic outfit) who took over leadership of Cobra from Krake but didn’t assume the Commander title until being forced into it by Baron Ironblood in Revolutionaries and now can’t remove the helmet; and the Baroness (in the cloth mask) who reorganized Cobra and declared herself the new Commander in G.I. Joe vol. 5.

Also, that G2 Sideswipe isn’t the same Sideswipe who died. He’s one of the new generation of protoforms that was born inside Trypticon back in OP #14.

I’m not sure you can really get mad if you haven’t read the other books.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Electronic Voice Mixer Helmet Mask Hasbro 2008" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Studio Series - Lockdown - #11 - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Studio Series - Blackout - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Voyager Lot - (Optimus Prime, Megatron, And Nitro)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS HASBRO 2014 AUTOBOT SCATTERSHOT 3 BETATRON LOOSE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall **BRAND NEW**" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall *Excellent Condition*" on EBAY
Buy "Roadblock Instructions Pretenders 1989 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY