Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Thursday, August 13th, 2020 11:26pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 35,584

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

If you thought Takara Tomy Mall suddenly offering the Walgreens exclusive Siege Ratchet from 2019 was a surprise then prepare for a double take! Just now Takara Tomy Mall has begun taking pre-orders on the previously Amazon exclusive Siege SG-EX Phantomstrike Squadron featuring Voyager Skywarp and Battle Masters Fracas, Shrute and Terror-Daxtyl. They're offering the set for ¥7,150 (around $67USD) with release coming in January 2021 and do appear to be identical to the Hasbro release. While fans can't order this highly prized set directly outside of Japan there's a chance that it'll show up at other sites like TFSource and BBTS with a markup that likely wont exceed those found on eBay.

Transformers News: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Transformers News: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Transformers News: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Transformers News: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Transformers News: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Transformers News: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Transformers News: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Transformers News: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Transformers News: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Excited to see a possible second opportunity to get this set appear or are you still sour that it sold out so easily the first time around (or was never available in your area in the first place)? Let us know in the Energon Pub forums!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Mall


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2075969)
Posted by Quantum Surge on August 13th, 2020 @ 11:41pm CDT
Can someone PM me for a deal that can be made regarding this set? I don't want to come back to the sites too soon and miss out on this elusive Skywarp.
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2075975)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 14th, 2020 @ 2:42am CDT
Wooop another chance for skywarp (and two needed target masters), not liking that price in Yen though, irs still going to be pricey for what it is :(
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2075979)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 14th, 2020 @ 3:38am CDT
Even if it will be a TTM exclusive, this mean there will be more Skywarp Squadron sets on the market. This will make, somewhat, somehow, lower the stupid Ebay prices by a bit.

Even though I got my set live in store at retail price, I still find this unfair that a key member of the OG Seeker trio is an exclusive. Exclusives are supposed to be for random characters like Hotlink or Sunstorm.
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2075983)
Posted by Starseeker on August 14th, 2020 @ 6:05am CDT
This is great news! It's almost like they were listening to us for once! Haha!
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2075988)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 14th, 2020 @ 6:39am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:Wooop another chance for skywarp (and two needed target masters), not liking that price in Yen though, irs still going to be pricey for what it is :(

Considering the original set was $50, it seems like the usual TT markup. Plus it's a lot better than current sales prices
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2075989)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 14th, 2020 @ 6:45am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:Wooop another chance for skywarp (and two needed target masters), not liking that price in Yen though, irs still going to be pricey for what it is :(

Considering the original set was $50, it seems like the usual TT markup. Plus it's a lot better than current sales prices



Yeagh but still kinda sucks for a voyager and three battlemasters when the other exckusive set sideswipe/grandslam was easilly available for £30.
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2075990)
Posted by Blitzwing[TSØK] on August 14th, 2020 @ 6:48am CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:Can someone PM me for a deal that can be made regarding this set? I don't want to come back to the sites too soon and miss out on this elusive Skywarp.

Pm me man I've got an extra one
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2075995)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 14th, 2020 @ 8:19am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:Wooop another chance for skywarp (and two needed target masters), not liking that price in Yen though, irs still going to be pricey for what it is :(

Considering the original set was $50, it seems like the usual TT markup. Plus it's a lot better than current sales prices


IF you live in Japan.
Anyone else will still have to pay a reseller mark-up, making the set easily double the price of the American Amazon release.
Despite that, it will still be better than eBay.

Is Siege Skywarp the most expensive "normal" non-MP non-Botcon
Seeker ever?
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2076011)
Posted by Starseeker on August 14th, 2020 @ 1:32pm CDT
Well heck, it looks like people have extras. Anyone willing to sell me one? I'm willing to pay a decent price as long as it's not ebay levels of ridiculous.
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2076058)
Posted by Emerje on August 15th, 2020 @ 12:34am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:IF you live in Japan.
Anyone else will still have to pay a reseller mark-up, making the set easily double the price of the American Amazon release.
Despite that, it will still be better than eBay.

There's always China. For whatever reason they still get TTM even though they're technically a Hasbro market and brand unity. And they tend to be the cheapest place to get some figures. I got my Siege Nemesis Prime from a Chinese seller on eBay for $80 and free shipping (technically $70 with a coupon) and seen them listed as low as $65 since as they all try to undercut each other. There's a good chance the same will be true with the Phantomstrike Squadron, and it sure wont be $200-$400 like from domestic sellers on eBay and Amazon.

Emerje
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2076073)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 15th, 2020 @ 4:56am CDT
Emerje wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:IF you live in Japan.
Anyone else will still have to pay a reseller mark-up, making the set easily double the price of the American Amazon release.
Despite that, it will still be better than eBay.

There's always China. For whatever reason they still get TTM even though they're technically a Hasbro market and brand unity. And they tend to be the cheapest place to get some figures. I got my Siege Nemesis Prime from a Chinese seller on eBay for $80 and free shipping (technically $70 with a coupon) and seen them listed as low as $65 since as they all try to undercut each other. There's a good chance the same will be true with the Phantomstrike Squadron, and it sure wont be $200-$400 like from domestic sellers on eBay and Amazon.

Emerje


Let's hope there will be TONS flooding eBay. Those insane prices must be tone down.
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2076082)
Posted by Black Hat on August 15th, 2020 @ 8:04am CDT
Speaking of Seekers, I FINALLY managed to get a Siege figure- Starscream!

He's a really, really good toy. The robot mode is one of the most well articulated TFs HasTak has put out in ages. Full range knees and elbows, wrists and ankles, a waist, butterfly joints...he's astoundingly poseable. The transformation is a little confusing the first time around, but not too bad, and honestly I LOVE the Tetrajet mode. The legs work well as boosters, thus mitigating the "robot under a jet" syndrome, and the particular stylings just feel right.

My only complaints are the null rays are a bit loose in the arm sockets, and the forearms are easy to untransform by mistake. But still, overall a stellar figure.
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2076084)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 15th, 2020 @ 8:22am CDT
Black Hat wrote:Speaking of Seekers, I FINALLY managed to get a Siege figure- Starscream!


Glad that you're finally experiencing the greatness of the Siege seeker mold. Way superior than the Earthrise IMO.

Too bad you're late to the party to get more Siege seekers because oof, those second market prices...
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2076085)
Posted by Starseeker on August 15th, 2020 @ 8:33am CDT
I agree, I love the tetrajet seekers. The whole thing is great in my opinion, even the chest part ending up in the back works as it looks like extra boosters. I really like the battle damage too.
I made sure to switch Starscream and Thundercracker's faces though, because Screamer is definitely the one that should have the smirk.
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2076087)
Posted by Black Hat on August 15th, 2020 @ 8:39am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Black Hat wrote:Speaking of Seekers, I FINALLY managed to get a Siege figure- Starscream!


Glad that you're finally experiencing the greatness of the Siege seeker mold. Way superior than the Earthrise IMO.

Too bad you're late to the party to get more Siege seekers because oof, those second market prices...

Yeah, I wanted to get the Rainmakers but was in no position to be buying them at the time, and now...yikes! I'm actually pretty happy just having Starscream in all honesty, never been one for doubling up on molds. But oh well.

And yeah, ER Starscream honestly looks a touch "meh" to me. The torso being a big hollow block just doesn't do it for me.
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2076088)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 15th, 2020 @ 8:53am CDT
Starseeker wrote:
I made sure to switch Starscream and Thundercracker's faces though, because Screamer is definitely the one that should have the smirk.



I'll do that too.
I'll also switch ER Starscream and Skywarp's heads. Starscream should be the one to scream.




EDIT:

>I remove the screw at the back of the head, then just pull the head from the ball joints instead of carefully separating the halves, thus breaking off the eyes from the clear plastic parts.

>MFW:



>Then having to squeeze the tiny, tiny plastic eyes back in the sockets and covering that with a dab of superglue and hoping the gaffe is not be appearant. #-o
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2076089)
Posted by sol magnus on August 15th, 2020 @ 9:20am CDT
I tried to get my Prowl's head to come off and I couldn't without feeling like I might break it. Any tips?
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2076331)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on August 17th, 2020 @ 10:58am CDT
Anyone looking for Siege at a discount might want to try looking at Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx. I saw Siege Starscream at Ross yesterday for $13.
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2076332)
Posted by Quantum Surge on August 17th, 2020 @ 10:59am CDT
I tagged Seibertron when I found some Deluxes at my Ross.
Re: Japan Gets Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike Squadron as Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2076348)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 17th, 2020 @ 1:16pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Anyone looking for Siege at a discount might want to try looking at Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx. I saw Siege Starscream at Ross yesterday for $13.

Quantum Surge wrote:I tagged Seibertron when I found some Deluxes at my Ross.


Remind me to take pictures when I visit mine. On a slightly off-topic but relevant note: Cyberverse One-Steps at Five Below! Need to get pictures of that too...

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
Twincast / Podcast #259:
"Podcast Convoy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game Series 1 B009 Thundercracker 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game Series 1 B011 Autobot Topspin 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Chromia Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Walgreens Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Wingspan & Cloudraker 2 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Spychangers Optimus Prime 2001" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro The Movie Transformers First Encounter Bumblebee VS Barricade 1st Film" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME ROBOTS IN DISGUISE DELUXE CLASS AIRACHNID" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME ROBOTS IN DISGUISE DELUXE CLASS CLIFFJUMPER" on EBAY