New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked

Friday, January 8th, 2016 8:28am CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 56,672

Fenrir72 has posted quite an oddity on the Seibertron forums. It is a picture found on Weibo that features the Combiner Wars Brawl mold with the small drill attachment found on Botcon's General Ramhorm. The name "Nosecone" is the only text that accompanies this image. While this could be our first look at the Nosecone which would be part of the recetly leaked Computron release, there are a few more aspects to consider. There is a decepticon symbol present and the feet and hands pictured are not the standard Combine Wars feet. These oddities make it hard to know what this is since it could be anything from, the simplest explanation, a custom using test components from factories to our first look at another drill themed Decepticon limb, Liocaesar's Drillhorn.

What do you make of this? Please, join us in the Seibertron forums while we partake fun speculation!

UPDATE: Thanks to Hobby Drifter on Twitter, we also have some additional combiner artwork - check it out mirrored below!

Transformers News: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked

Transformers News: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked

Transformers News: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked

Credit(s): weibo, Hobby Drifter Twitter

This article was last modified on Friday, January 8th, 2016 9:34am CST

Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753269)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 8th, 2016 @ 8:38am CST
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753270)
Posted by Roadbuster on January 8th, 2016 @ 8:42am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:I think this is either an early production image of Computron where they just slapped a drill on brawl, or the first look at the rumored Liokaiser. The rumors about Computron said that he'd get new hand and foot pieces but nothing was said regarding Liokaisers extremities. I'm leaning more towards Liokaiser though, mostly because I want to believe it's really happening.

Agreed on the figure. it's most likely just the Brawl figure with an uncolored drill piece instead of the cannon pipe. The Autobot logo will most likely replace the Decepticon one in the actual release. I do have to wonder what is in store for Afterburner since Hasbro has not used Takara's Groove mold and doing so is likely to ruffle the feathers of the fandom.
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753271)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 8th, 2016 @ 8:45am CST
Roadbuster wrote:

Word on the street is they're using Takara's groove for afterburner and they'll also be using it in the eventual g2 Defensor set. But I personally believe that they'll release the standard groove mold as an online exclusive ala slingshot and wildrider.
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753274)
Posted by Shuttershock on January 8th, 2016 @ 8:50am CST
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753275)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 8th, 2016 @ 8:56am CST
That sure is a useless drill.
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753277)
Posted by william-james88 on January 8th, 2016 @ 8:58am CST
Roadbuster wrote:

Why would it ruffle feathers, I thought people would be happy to finally get that mold and it would give people a (more) proper computron.

steals_your_goats wrote:

I never bought rook due to my heardheadedness that it would happen one day, and i still hope it does.

Shuttershock wrote:This lends credence to Computron being a boxed set, given the dedicated foot seen here.

From experience, the computer listing is pretty much a confirmation for me, so I was already certain Computron was happening then and I am now wondering when we will get him and what it looks like, rather than still wondering if it will happen.

Noideaforaname wrote:That sure is a useless drill.

I've been sad about it ever since it showed up on Ramhorn.
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753279)
Posted by carytheone on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:00am CST
Noideaforaname wrote:That sure is a useless drill.
Someone may find a use for it.
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753281)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:02am CST
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

But rook is awesome man! Even if you don't use him for Defensor I still think he's worth picking up.

My Defensor is peg legging it right now to give Galvatronus a full team so I'm with you though in the hope of a groove release.
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753282)
Posted by Autobot N on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:04am CST
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753283)
Posted by jamesbenjamin on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:05am CST
prjkt wrote:
jamesbenjamin wrote:You know, saying "G2 Superion was found at North American retail" is just going to confuse people and send people living in the US that don't know better out to waste gas and bug their local TRU employees. We know that Canadian and US TRUs have different warehouses and sometimes even don't stock the same stuff, so you should really put "Canadian retail" instead of "North American" retail in the news story. I've also seen stuff turn up in Mexico and you don't call those news stories "North American retail."

Mexico is Central America....

I'm looking forward to this release, had ummed and ahhed for a while, but decided to get this and Menasor for my NeoG2 collection.

WTF? No, Mexico is part of North America. Always has been:

Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753284)
Posted by william-james88 on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:20am CST
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:It can't be Liokaiser, as you can tell that the upper leg is an arm of the Silverbolt mold, and the rumored Liokaiser is supposed to have Sky Lynx retooled into Deathsaurus as the torso. As such, the most likely explaination is that this is a picture with the new pieces put on old figures just to see how they look or something.

Care to eat some crow :lol:

Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753287)
Posted by Insurgent on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:28am CST

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: My brain! My lovely beautiful brain!!! But is it a proper 6 man team, or will they exclude Jaruga in favour of making Leozak a voyager torso?

Yeah, I thought it was Silverbolt as well, but look closely at the connection port. There is a hook claw thing on a hinge at either side of the cconnection port. That's not on Silverbolt.
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753288)
Posted by Autobot N on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:28am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Care to eat some crow :lol:

That image does look pretty cool. Regardless, I stand by my previous points. While I suppose that the TP people got the torso wrong, you can clearly see in the image that the Killbison (I think that's what his name is) leg has the stock hand/foot thing.
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753289)
Posted by Starsaber468 on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:33am CST
Oh MY PRIMUS! I am dreaming cause A Liokaiser from hasbro....
Anyway looks like hasbro and takara WANT OUR MONEY!
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY HASBRO OR TAKARA
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753290)
Posted by ScottyP on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:39am CST
Cool way to use the Sky Lynx torso again. Wonder if this will also be a boxed set release? Seems to be the way they're going with 2016 CW outside of Sky Reign.
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753293)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:41am CST
HA! SUCK IT NON BELIEVERS!!
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753294)
Posted by william-james88 on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:42am CST
Insurgent wrote:Image

In retrospect the images are not immediately related. They both feautre the same molds, but different torsos, which have just been revealed in another image:

Which means that Liokaiser will be a 5 man team plus a legends figure, with no combining Jagular and Leozak as a voyager torso.

All I have to say is this, in less than 24 hours, the amount of uses of the Brawl mold went from 2 to 5

Repaint wars cotinues!!!!!
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753296)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:45am CST
Looks like air raid got retooled, cool. Getting nervous about the torso now though. Looks like the Betatron scattershot...
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753297)
Posted by mtma on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:46am CST
Ooooookayyyy Didn't expect that...

I have no attachment to Liokaiser whatsoever and even then he looks AWESOME. It's always good to have more 'Con Combiners and add to their numbers. as for the B&W image, maybe it's really a very early pic of how Computron would look like, using Brawl as a placeholder. I can see enough remolding being done to the Silverbolt mold in order for the arm do look like that.
Re: New Combiner Wars Possible Liokaiser Images Leaked (1753300)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 8th, 2016 @ 9:56am CST
I am saddened and happy about liokaiser, happy because liokaiser us finally getting recognition from hasbro (this is hasbro isn't it? ) but saddened by the fact that leozack has been reduced to sky lynx redeco (yes, the sky reign head is cool but I'd be happier if they stuck that head on a silver bolt redeco) leozack is not a robotic shuttle dinosaur. ..though trypticon would look cool in that mould (or to be precise, the sky lynx mould would look cool in tryp colours)

So far those black and white photos just seem to be computron work in progress pics.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers combiner wars blackjack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-30 Weirdwolf" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 2.0 BLADES Generations Classics Voyager Class blades Parts" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOT SHOTS JUMP SHOT BUMBLEBEE, Bot Shots 2013" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Generations Deluxe Thrilling 30 Autobot Skids w/ IDW comic MOSC????" on EBAY
Buy "Perceptor Transformers Super 7 reaction figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of The Moon Movie Cyberverse Legion Class Topspin Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 DECEPTICON THUNDERCRACKER FIGURE Loose Combiner Wars Legends" on EBAY