Monday, August 17th, 2015 5:28pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 40,592

While we had a review and some images to tide us over, Seibertron finally has the galleries up for the latest Combiner Wars deluxes: Mirage, Sunstreaker, Prowl and Ironhide.

These images also feature the fan mode for Mirage which has the front of the vehicle as his chest. Ultra Prime's gallery has also been updated to include new pics with the rest of the Autobots. Enjoy!

Generations Combiner Wars Ultra Prime

Transformers News: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime

Generations Combiner Wars Prowl

Generations Combiner Wars Sunstreaker

Generations Combiner Wars Mirage

Generations Combiner Wars Ironhide

This article was last modified on Tuesday, October 4th, 2016 3:34pm CDT

Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1718932)
Posted by Deadput on August 17th, 2015 @ 6:05pm CDT
Outside of Mirage I think these combiner war versions are superior to their older versions mostly due to playability reasons as well as looks mostly speaking about Prowl and Ironhide here.

The classics Sunstreaker is a good mold but I prefer the Combiner Wars Head sculpt, engine back and alt mode here.

Even if some characters lose some of their iconic design choices such as Prowl's door wings or Ironhide's window chest (Although this Ironhide's chest is painted in blue to invoke that window chest) I still think these are great updates for them and Combining is a bonus for some people.

And just because their repaints doesn't make them bad I think the repaints here are pretty damn good and the paint choices and new heads make them look different enough from the original molds I mean outside of the pointless repaints such as Nightwatch Optimus when did you guys have problems with repaints as new guys?

The Commandos/Combaticons from Rid were just repaints of the G1 Combaticons and Rid Scourge is just a repaint of an Optimus Prime mold and heck some of the minibots from 1986 were just repaints/remolds of older guys such as Windcharger into Tailgate or Pipes from Huffer.
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1718935)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 17th, 2015 @ 6:24pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1718938)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 17th, 2015 @ 6:55pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:While I don't hate these, I do wish they would've made a few more cosmetic changes besides the heads. For example, the flip down chests for Prowl and Sunstreaker could've been changed to something new.

I'm with you there, the heads are great, but the bodies could use some more oomph (that is a scientific term). Especially Ironhide and Mirage (Streetwise's chest is at least molded to resemble a car-front), mostly because I think that the Offroad mold looks too slim and young to be Ironhide (pre-war Ironhide, yes) and while the Dragstrip mold rocks the Mirage look, I wish they'd given him new arms to match the style of his boxier 80s era F1 racer and cartoon design.
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1718939)
Posted by Windlacer on August 17th, 2015 @ 6:59pm CDT
Another fantastic set of pics. I love the comparison shots between CW and the other Classics molds.
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1718941)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 17th, 2015 @ 7:07pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:

I actually thought that prowl was a bigger offender, because he has never had those vent things on his legs has he? They could have at least molded faux bumpers or something onto his legs.

And I think it would have really set him apart from streetwise - and driven home the point that he is a police car - to have painted his light bar two different colors, seriously, no modern (and his alt mode is nothing if not modern) police cars have a single colored light bar
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1718946)
Posted by Starsaber468 on August 17th, 2015 @ 8:28pm CDT
I sense An A certain RID (2002) character could be done with the cw mirage figure when u reverse the front with the back
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1718956)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 17th, 2015 @ 9:36pm CDT
I am waiting for some customizer to start mixing and matching parts from the Stunticon and Autobot versions of the molds to truly make them look like Autobots masquerading as Stunticons.
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719023)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 18th, 2015 @ 9:46am CDT

I'm planning on making my own OP-Gestalt, combining OP (the red and blue version) with Mirage, Sunstreaker, Hound, and a 4th to be named later.
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719063)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 18th, 2015 @ 1:16pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Ironhide is boring and Prowl doesn't interest me because I don't like that mold and it's similar to Streetwise, which I already have.

Your 4th should be Wheeljack. They actually did some retooling on him.
800px-CWDlxWheeljack.jpg
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719065)
Posted by Cyberstrike on August 18th, 2015 @ 1:39pm CDT
I love these new figures especially for Mirage and Ironhide because the Universe/Generations versions sucked IMHO.
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719125)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 18th, 2015 @ 6:55pm CDT
Arrgggghhhhh, these guys look good. I may have to get them all... :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719127)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 18th, 2015 @ 7:00pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Arrgggghhhhh, these guys look good. I may have to get them all... :BOT:

At least get the different colored ones like mirage and sunstreaker just for the variety, but if you can get them, you may as well, I get the distinct feeling we won't be seeing combiners for a while after this ;)
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719133)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 18th, 2015 @ 7:21pm CDT

Probs won't. Argh, money, decisions :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719136)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 18th, 2015 @ 7:34pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Probs won't. Argh, money, decisions :BOT:

Yeah, I chose to skip most of the last few years of generations figures ;)
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719139)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 18th, 2015 @ 7:38pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Probs won't. Argh, money, decisions :BOT:

Yeah, I chose to skip most of the last few years of generations figures ;)

you give the angel on my shoulder telling me not to buy these a hard time :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719142)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 18th, 2015 @ 7:50pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Probs won't. Argh, money, decisions :BOT:

Yeah, I chose to skip most of the last few years of generations figures ;)

you give the angel on my shoulder telling me not to buy these a hard time :BOT:

Just tryin' to help ;)
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719144)
Posted by william-james88 on August 18th, 2015 @ 7:53pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Probs won't. Argh, money, decisions :BOT:

Yeah, I chose to skip most of the last few years of generations figures ;)

you give the angel on my shoulder telling me not to buy these a hard time :BOT:

Its ok. I chose instead to buy last year's figures and skip this last wave ;)
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719147)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 18th, 2015 @ 7:57pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Probs won't. Argh, money, decisions :BOT:

Yeah, I chose to skip most of the last few years of generations figures ;)

you give the angel on my shoulder telling me not to buy these a hard time :BOT:

Just tryin' to help ;)

uhuh, sure you are. Help hasbro take my money! :lol: :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719149)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 18th, 2015 @ 8:00pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Probs won't. Argh, money, decisions :BOT:

Yeah, I chose to skip most of the last few years of generations figures ;)

you give the angel on my shoulder telling me not to buy these a hard time :BOT:

Just tryin' to help ;)

uhuh, sure you are. Help hasbro take my money! :lol: :BOT:

Well, I figured it would end up being something you would regret not getting, and would then buy it on the secondary market for much higher prices, so I'm technically saving you money ;)
Re: New Galleries: Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Ultra Prime (1719153)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 18th, 2015 @ 8:24pm CDT
Seibertron.com is proud to present 2 new galleries from the ever popular Combiner Wars line. Legends Class Skywarp follows the tradition and natural progression of repainting Starscream into the classic seeker trio. Legends Class Rodimus when announced was a bit of a curve ball and is a repaint of Combiner Wars Legends Class Blackjack. He can also form the chest piece for Optimus Maximus or even Ultra Prime if you so desire. You should also desire a more in-depth look at these new galleries which you can do by clicking the images below.

Generations Combiner Wars Skywarp

Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Pounce and Wingspan Incomplete Transformers G1 Hasbro 1987 Vintage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise - WFC / Pounce Wingspan Decepticon Twin Set War Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Slag Slug Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alpha Trion Reaction Action Figure Retro Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Wave 2 Shrapnel Action Figure Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vector Prime & Safeguard Voyager Class 2005 complete working sound" on EBAY