Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove

Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove

Saturday, January 24th, 2015 10:29pm CST

Category: Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 90,139

Fellow Seibertronian Maxwell's SW's SilverHammer has informed us that the Combiner Wars poll is now available in the updated AOE Transformers App.

In this poll, Hasbro invites fans to choose certain options to make a fan built combiner. However, one can only choose amongst many revealed and existing molds that are already part of the Combiner Wars line. There are however two new molds that were not revealed before and they are presented below. Knowing that the protectobots have already been revealed to form the next combiner, the fact that the app mentions the two molds as "Torso" and "Weapon", along with their specific alt modes, makes it very possible that these are the molds being used for Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove.

Transformers News: Possible reveal of Transformer Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove

Lastly, the reveal that the fan built combiner will be made up of existing molds gives further evidence to the possibility that the White Ultra Prime Redeco seen in a leaked image may just be a promotional image for this poll to give an idea of a possible outcome rather than a specific upcoming figure.

Credit(s): Combiner Wars Poll

This article was last modified on Saturday, January 24th, 2015 10:30pm CST

Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642812)
Posted by Cobotron on January 24th, 2015 @ 10:32pm CST
Thanks for the history lesson, Teach. Neat stuff I did not know. :D
Sabrblade wrote:new Prime Megatron toy in the RID line
This is a great guess. I wasn't considering RID.

TOPIC: Did you see that Hot Spot? Looks kinda cool. :lol:
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642823)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on January 24th, 2015 @ 10:46pm CST
my mind was playing trick on me for a moment i had thought saw what was a retool of Cybertron Mudflap with some new parts maybe i am just tired I-) I-) I-)
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642824)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 24th, 2015 @ 10:49pm CST
Agamemnon wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:Has anyone seen pics of Takara Powerglide yet? I can't imagine there'd be much of a change on him, but I'd be interested to find out

We have seen blacked-out silhouettes of the Insecticons (for the Transfomers Adventure line), but if the TakaraTomy versions of the Aerialbots are any indication, we can expect him to be more show-accurate.

I expect that, but given that he's so simplistic, I can't imagine that there will be much of a difference on him

Depending on price I might pick it up just to have another Powerglide that, hopefully, has legs that peg together easily.

Nod nod nog nog nog nog. I'm trying to fix mine, but so far, no luck...

I think if you shave down the pegs on the inside of the leg it should work. My problem with that is that the inside of the legs are just as well painted as the outside
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642825)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 24th, 2015 @ 10:53pm CST
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642826)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2015 @ 10:56pm CST
RiddlerJ wrote:So I'm assuming Hot Spot and Groove will be the only new molds for the Protectabots. Alpha Bravo will be Blades, First Aid will be Off Road and Streetwise and Rook will probably be other Stunticon remolds.
IIRC, Rook was said somewhere to be an SUV.
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642827)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2015 @ 10:56pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Hey, my pal Chuckdawg, so glad you could drop by. As you can see above, we now have what will probably be the torso for Hotspot. So, knowing this, I would like to know if the rumours you had spread about what we should expect in a year were based on something you had heard/seen or if you were just playing with us. Because that Hotspot torso is a new mold and not the same mold as Optimus . Also, if those rumours were from a source you seriously believed, does this make you doubt the truth in the other rumours? (example, Devastator being released as a bunch of MPs) I am just curious as to the trustworthiness of your source in light of this, and by no means do I extend that to you (unless you were just messing with us all along).
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642828)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2015 @ 10:59pm CST
Supersized pic:

Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642829)
Posted by Mr O on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:11pm CST

I think either Rook or First-aid might be a new mould used for Ironhide and a Combaticon. That Hotspot looks great to me, and I imagine an Onslaught made from that will look awesome.
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642830)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:12pm CST
Gotta say, that's one groovy motorcycle.
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642831)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:14pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Supersized pic:

Ugh, that thing is practically begging to be turned into Onslaught... my hope for Bruticus burns even brighter! :michaelbay:
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642834)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:19pm CST
Mr O wrote:

Uhhh.... How exactly did Ironhide get involved in this?
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642837)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:21pm CST
Mr O wrote:

Uhhh.... How exactly did Ironhide get involved in this?
Ironhide, Sunsteaker, Mirage, and Prowl all had Walmart computer listings for Generations.
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642839)
Posted by Agamemnon on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:24pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Nod nod nog nog nog nog. I'm trying to fix mine, but so far, no luck...

Indeed, that is what I am looking at as well. The question is that there are two sets of tabs to work with, and I have yet to figure out which set is the culprit. I started with the smallest one that looked like it was over-molded or over-shot or something. It looked like three pegs with flash filling in the space between the two. Well, not to bore people more (too late?) I've done some pretty major shaving around that piece with absolutely no positive results. So, I'm now thinking it's the longer tabs. I'll keep experimenting, and post a fix somewhere. (It might result in my purchasing a new figure too...)

And on an unrelated note, but appropriate to this thread, I took a couple of pics of Bombshell in weapon mode where the arms are ever so close to being tabbed together. If that detailing molded in the upper back wasn't there, it would peg quite nicely.

Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642840)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:24pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mr O wrote:

Uhhh.... How exactly did Ironhide get involved in this?

Ok, hadn't heard that one. Kind of bizarre, that doesn't even represent the Masquerade team ( OP, Jazz, Sideswipe, Mirage, Windcharger)
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642841)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:27pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mr O wrote:

Uhhh.... How exactly did Ironhide get involved in this?

Wait a sec... Generations, not CW... That makes more sense
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642842)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:28pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mr O wrote:

Uhhh.... How exactly did Ironhide get involved in this?

Wait a sec... Generations, not CW... That makes more sense
They were among other CW listings (namely the Protectobots). I was just being lazy in not typing out "CW".
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642843)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:30pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mr O wrote:

Uhhh.... How exactly did Ironhide get involved in this?

Wait a sec... Generations, not CW... That makes more sense

Ok, now I'm back to 'huh?'
Also, there's no combaticon that remotely resembles Ironhide
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642849)
Posted by Shuttershock on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:46pm CST
Looks like a Rosenbauer Panther 6x6 airport fire truck, a la Sentinel Prime.

Just switch the fire hose with a missile battery and BLAMO, instant Onslaught!
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642850)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:50pm CST
Shuttershock wrote:Looks like a Rosenbauer Panther 6x6 airport fire truck, a la Sentinel Prime.

Just switch the fire hose with a missile battery and BLAMO, instant Onslaught!

Uh-oh. It just occurred to me, and forgive me if someone else mentioned it, that since they've already set the precedent for swapping out 'inconvenient' team members, we're probably looking at a brawl and blast-off free Bruticus. Kind of takes the combat out of combaticon.
Re: Possible reveal of Transformers Combiner Wars Hotspot and Groove (1642852)
Posted by Shuttershock on January 24th, 2015 @ 11:57pm CST
Desslok2201 wrote:

Just switch the fire hose with a missile battery and BLAMO, instant Onslaught!

Maybe Brawl, but idk. Alpha Bravo could be retooled into Blast Off fairly easily as well as Vortex, or he could be downsized to a Aerialbot jet. If Onslaught, Vortex, Swindle and Blast Off are retools, they would only need to make a new mold for Brawl.

Could just as easily go the other way, but there's my thoughts. Though I don't have any of the figures yet, I love the idea of Combiner Wars and I'd be all for everyone getting involved. That, and Brawl and Blast Off are my favorite Combaticons.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S37 BRUNT Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan - Bumblebee (Rescue Jet) - Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots - Capture Claw Chase - Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Thunderhowl Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Class Hasbro 2020 BAF #8" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE DECEPTICON REFLECTOR WAR FOR CYBERTRON " on EBAY