Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 3:11pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 30,294

We were handed a list of case contents based off of what retailers have/can order/ed for 2022 so far for the Transformers Legacy line. It is very important to note that as we saw in the Kingdom line, wave assortments can change. But we know you like as much info as possible, so here is how the list is looking like at the moment.

Core:

Dragon Megatron x2

Commander:
Motormaster

Titan:
Cybertron Metroplex

This article was last modified on Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 4:13pm CDT

Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116354)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 21st, 2021 @ 3:46pm CDT
Cybertron Metroplex?

If they're going to the UT for Titans, why not Tidal Wave?
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116364)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 21st, 2021 @ 5:00pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I Wingfinger is available like plague rats, it mean clearance is not far ahead.
I'll wait.

EB rarely clearances stuff out and its never amazing deals

I'm sure it will not be just E.B Games that will have these Wingfingers flocks.

At worst, I'll have one for 2$ less thanks to my Platinum membership.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116365)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 21st, 2021 @ 5:16pm CDT
Seems a bit weird not having another insecticon in wave 2 or 3.

Really want to like the core pretenders but it just feels like there wont be a decent enough roster of them.

Looks like I'll be buying more from this line than I have Kingdom even with all the repacks of figures that werent so good the first time around.

Stunticons are gonna be a hit or miss after getting both CW versions at £80 each compared to £93 just for Motormaster -which if it's in scale to the already too small WFC Primes truck mode it's likely going to be no.

Titan seems pointless with the orig Cybertron toy being pretty good and I dont really want any cybertron figures after selling what I had. Hopefully it will be decent for those that want it and not require any thord party upgrades to complete it.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116367)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on September 21st, 2021 @ 5:27pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Cybertron Metroplex?

If they're going to the UT for Titans, why not Tidal Wave?
blackeyedprime wrote:Seems a bit weird not having another insecticon in wave 2 or 3.

It appears the news article about the Legacy wave assortments is linked to the wrong thread, if someone on the news team/with admin powers wants to take a look.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116400)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on September 21st, 2021 @ 9:42pm CDT
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116403)
Posted by william-james88 on September 21st, 2021 @ 10:20pm CDT
Dr. Caelus wrote:I have a strong feeling that the Stunticon cars will be retools of Earthrise/Kingdom molds that just clip onto Motormaster's trailer. It'd be sturdier, more animation-accurate, and cheaper than another Scramble City combiner.

They can be new molds and also be clip ons.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116404)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 22nd, 2021 @ 12:21am CDT
I just got my Sideswipe and Skywarp 2-pack from Hasbro Pulse the other day. I've already been spoiled for the new "Earthmode" Sideswipe type Lamborghini, having scored Kingdom Red Alert several weeks ago, but it's nice to have this retool of Sideswipe nonetheless. The red and white are bright and pop so much more than on the original Siege release. He's very animation accurate, which is much appreciated. It's just that much more of a "Mini Masterpiece." However, QC seems to be a bit hit and miss on this release. There's just something about the top half of the figure that doesn't come together quite right in alternate mode, resulting in a car that won't roll well. It's not a clearance issue, either, but seemingly has to do with how the front wheels sit. Luckily, I have a second one I had received from Amazon last week (I bought another set to do some parts swapping with Kingdom Red Alert), but that one is also flawed in that the back of the car mode won't clip together flush down the midline, resulting in a big gap down the back of the car. However, it rolls just fine. I ended up separating the two figures at the waist joints and swapping the lower and upper halves of each to get one copy that could clip together in the back and also roll freely. The other one now just hold's Red Alert's spare parts.

Anyway, this obviously leaves me with two Skywarps, which I don't think I need. Is anyone interested in just Maximal Skywarp from this set? PM me if so. Also, let me know if you want to see pics of my Kingdom Red Alert with Kingdom Sideswipe's arms, feet, and shoulder cannon (minus the missile). I'm quite pleased with the results, and it's a very easy and completely reversible swap that requires no tools. :)
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116429)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on September 22nd, 2021 @ 8:49am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:However, QC seems to be a bit hit and miss on this release. There's just something about the top half of the figure that doesn't come together quite right in alternate mode, resulting in a car that won't roll well. It's not a clearance issue, either, but seemingly has to do with how the front wheels sit. Luckily, I have a second one I had received from Amazon last week (I bought another set to do some parts swapping with Kingdom Red Alert), but that one is also flawed in that the back of the car mode won't clip together flush down the midline, resulting in a big gap down the back of the car.

My copy also has this second problem, but I was able to get close enough with a little extra pressure, and I didn't see any stress marks, though maybe the tabs show a little wear. It's barely noticeable, though, and it doesn't bother me, but it's there.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116432)
Posted by First-Aid on September 22nd, 2021 @ 9:40am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Cybertron Metroplex?

If they're going to the UT for Titans, why not Tidal Wave?

Likely because the Metroplex mold already exists and can be- and has been- used for multiple figures/repaints. Tidal Wave is really a unique figure...no potential repaint possibilities, no other figures that could adapt from him so very, VERY low reuse/remold/resale. Hence nO TW yet, and I'd be stunned if we got one. Why do you think they continue to make Seekers and Sideswipe clones? Just a change of plastic color and *BOOM* suckers vacuum them up as "different characters".
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116433)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 22nd, 2021 @ 10:20am CDT
First-Aid wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Cybertron Metroplex?

If they're going to the UT for Titans, why not Tidal Wave?

I really don't think repaint/re-use potential carries as much weight at the titan class as it does for other classes so far.

Metroplex, retooloed into Fort Max, redecoed into Grand Max takes the cake for the most mileage from the original mold.

But other than that, all we have is Scorponok redecoed into Black Zarak. Every other titan has been a single mold use.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116435)
Posted by First-Aid on September 22nd, 2021 @ 10:41am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Cybertron Metroplex?

If they're going to the UT for Titans, why not Tidal Wave?

You dont think the Cybertron Metroplex is a retool of that mold too? Id put money on it if I wasnt married and my wife rook it all...
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116438)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 22nd, 2021 @ 10:59am CDT
First-Aid wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Cybertron Metroplex?

If they're going to the UT for Titans, why not Tidal Wave?

No, not at all. The only thing the 2 versions of Metroplex really have in common is the head and the overall robot proportions. That is about it, well that and being big. All the T30 Metroplex mold can do with his legs for alt mode is lay them flat. To even try and use that mold to create an alt mode that looks anything like Cybertron Metroplex would likely require more work than just making new molds.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116439)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 22nd, 2021 @ 11:00am CDT
I hope it isn't. Megalo Convoy looks nothing like Metroplex from G1. And I think the actual figure will be closer to Commander Jetfire's size than 2 feet of Titan, because his weapon was almost as large as he was, so that will take up a lot of room/material as well. Not sure how complex the engineering will be.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116440)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 22nd, 2021 @ 11:24am CDT
Agreed, Cybertron Metroplex won't be a reuse of T30 Metroplex. Plus lets save Tidal Wave (probably a Commander Class) for even we have an Armada Megatron redo to combine it with.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116454)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 22nd, 2021 @ 2:09pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Plus lets save Tidal Wave (probably a Commander Class) for even we have an Armada Megatron redo to combine it with.
I'm most likely in the minority with this, but I never cared for that combination. I understand it was in response to the Optimus/Jetfire combo, but to me it was awkward and forced, and looked stupid. I guess if we ever get a leader Armada Megatron he might combine with a commander Tidal Wave. Personally, it's a feature I can do without and would gladly sacrifice in order to get better Megatron and Tidal Wave figures.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116466)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 22nd, 2021 @ 2:54pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
I feel like the idea (at least in Japan) was not only as a counter to the Optimus/Jetfire combo but also as an homage to the fact that G1 Jetfire and Shockwave were depicted as rivals in their original toy commercial, as Tidal Wave's Japanese name was Shockwave. So it was like "Optimus has combined with Jefire? Well then Optimus's rival Megatron will combine with Jetfire's rival Shockwave."
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116467)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 22nd, 2021 @ 2:54pm CDT
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116471)
Posted by o.supreme on September 22nd, 2021 @ 3:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
I feel like the idea (at least in Japan) was not only as a counter to the Optimus/Jetfire combo but also as an homage to the fact that G1 Jetfire and Shockwave were depicted as rivals in their original toy commercial, as Tidal Wave's Japanese name was Shockwave. So it was like "Optimus has combined with Jetfire? Well then Optimus's rival Megatron will combine with Jetfire's rival Shockwave."

Exactly. And while I'm not really a fan of Armada (Yes Micron Legend is a more palatable presentation for me at least) I always thought the Purple Shockwave/Tidalwave looked way better.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116473)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on September 22nd, 2021 @ 3:22pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I think the combination could be improved but I can't see Hasbro leaving it out, UT fans would complain too much about a play feature being nixed (on top of the minicon functionality being gone like the last few UT redos)
As a UT fan, leave it out, that combination-thing never made sense or looked good and I'd rather get a Titan Tidal Wave for a suitably big alt mode & the Armada game vibes than a Commander one to facilitate that combination.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Legacy Line with Motormaster, Cybertron Metroplex and More (2116476)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 22nd, 2021 @ 3:48pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:

I can see them hewing closer to the cartoon scale then the game.

Though knowing Hasbro they'd find a way to do a Titan Class TW and still have it combine. They'd likely to go by the gimmicks shown in the toon after all.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron FOC Bruticus!" on EBAY