Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 3:01pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,293

We were handed a list of case contents based off of what retailers have/can order/ed for 2022 so far for the Transformers Studio Series line. It is very important to note that as we saw in the Kingdom line, wave assortments can change. But we know you like as much info as possible, so here is how the list is looking like at the moment.

Core:

86 King Starscream cape x2

Wave 2:
86 Sludge x2

Wave 3:
TF2 The Fallen x2

This article was last modified on Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 4:13pm CDT

Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116348)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on September 21st, 2021 @ 3:10pm CDT
I'm assuming hot rod variant will be SG?

I'm happy about Sludge and a proper wheelie, though it's a shame they're not releasing a core class bayverse wheelie

86 arcee? I wonder if a new mold or slightly recolored wfc version? That's interesting
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116353)
Posted by Munkky on September 21st, 2021 @ 3:38pm CDT
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116359)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on September 21st, 2021 @ 4:39pm CDT

Also that DotM Bee should be 2 to a case, not 3, otherwise that case has more figures in a shipment than the allotted 8.
Razorbeast88 wrote:I'm assuming hot rod variant will be SG?

-As cool as it would be, I doubt an SG release of Hot Rod/Rodimus would be in mainline SS, and at least one leaker believes this to just be a magenta repaint for accuracy's sake
-Leakers say Arcee is just a repaint of the ER figure
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116360)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on September 21st, 2021 @ 4:41pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:...interesting that we had a rumor that BB movie Thundercracker would be an exclusive and yet now it shows up as a retail release, which also happened word-for-word with the BB movie Thrust that my stores are just now getting...I wonder how many of those rumored exclusive Seekers will end up being exclusives after all?

Razorbeast88 wrote:I'm assuming hot rod variant will be SG?

-Leakers say Arcee is just a repaint of the ER figure

Ahhh got it. Well, saves me money. I'm not hatdcore on accuracy that I'd double dip just for magenta, and I refuse to purchase any figure out of the ER arcee mold ever again hahaha
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116362)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on September 21st, 2021 @ 4:57pm CDT

Very interested to see how they handle AOE Galvatron and The Fallen, and what The Fallen will transform into.

Bee's DOTM appearance is my favorite look for him, so I'm super pumped we're seeing it in SS! The SS-49/74 mold will make a great base, they'll just have to remold some of the parts (spoiler in alt mode, robot mode chest, and a bunch of other smaller things).

Sideways is another one I'm really excited for, and will complete the Transformers: The Ride cast in SS! (besides Evac, of course, but the original figure works well with SS, at least in alt mode). There were rumors that Sideways will be based on the Dino mold, which I hope isn't the case. Dino is a great figure, but I can't really see Sideways working from that.

TLK Hot Rod is great news, the original figure doesn't do the design justice.

Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116366)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on September 21st, 2021 @ 5:20pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Core class DOTM Laserbeak still confuses me, Laserbeak in SS scale is way, way smaller than even core class. Maybe it'll be a multipack of the different modes he turns into? But then he still (presumably) would have to transform. . . I don't know, I'm kinda excited to see how that goes.
Considering the Laserbeak that comes with DotM Soundwave already exists to fulfill the "properly scaled" aspect of the Studio Series, I'm expecting the Core one to be out of scale to service transforming, considering the in-scale version's inability to transform is technically inaccurate itself. No idea which alt mode they're intending to go for though, and I hadn't considered the multipack idea you mention, that's an interesting thought...

One thing's for sure though: if this turns out to be Pink MurderBee Laserbeak, it's an instabuy.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116377)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 21st, 2021 @ 6:49pm CDT
Nothing on the 86 Springer seems odd as well as the one dinobot.

The transforming Wheelie and Spike make the included wastes with Grimlock and Slag total wastes. Wouldnt be that hard to give core Spike a revolving head for his/Daniels face or something.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116378)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2021 @ 7:00pm CDT
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116380)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 21st, 2021 @ 7:08pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Wasn't the last Springer rumor that they were considering possibly just rereleasing Siege Springer?

Yeagh but possibly repainted:( instead of being redone sa I'd like it to be.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116382)
Posted by william-james88 on September 21st, 2021 @ 7:19pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:

Yeagh but possibly repainted:( instead of being redone sa I'd like it to be.

Those rumours were never really concrete anyway.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116388)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 21st, 2021 @ 8:47pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:I'm definitely on board for almost all of the Bayverse figures coming next year - the only maybe is Crosshairs, depends if it's a new mold or not.

snip

TLK Hot Rod is great news, the original figure doesn't do the design justice.

After High Octane Bee turned out to be a re-release of the AoE mold, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high on either of these.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116393)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 21st, 2021 @ 9:10pm CDT
I figured as well that Springer would be just a repaint without all the damage.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116395)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 21st, 2021 @ 9:13pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I figured as well that Springer would be just a repaint without all the damage.

If that's the case, maybe I'll give it a chance. I skipped on the Siege version even on sale. If the SS86 is a straight repaint of the Siege, it's a minimum. Even better if it's flaws got fixed.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116396)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 21st, 2021 @ 9:17pm CDT
Okay, so something just occurred to me. What is going to happen to the numbering for regular studio series when we get to 86? Will there be a live action movie number 86 or will they just skip to 87? Also, will core figures get numbers in the regular or SS86 numbering (can't see why not)?

I think we have this year ending with High Octane Bee as SS79 and no further exclusives. Let's assume core figures get numbers.
If the first 2 waves don't change, this gives us wave 1 ending with a perfect break at number 86.
SS80-81 Shockwave/Ravage
SS82-84 Ratchet/Wheeljack/Brawn
SS85 Soundwave

I'm betting they just skip to numbers 87-88 for wave 2 for Arcee/Ironhide
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116401)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on September 21st, 2021 @ 9:46pm CDT
Hope variant Hot Rod has movie-accurate colors, rather than the G1 toy colors of the previous release.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116402)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on September 21st, 2021 @ 10:18pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

snip

TLK Hot Rod is great news, the original figure doesn't do the design justice.

I could see Crosshairs potentially being the TLK mold (which is actually decent, but probably doesn't work well scale-wise), but I don't think TLK Hot Rod would work in SS.

But you're right, HO Bee is nowhere near SS standards and yet got reissued, so there's no way of telling.

Still holding a tiny amount of hope that the single release of SS-79 is a new mold. On that topic, HO Bee is notably absent from these listings despite being next in the numbered SS sequence.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116425)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 22nd, 2021 @ 7:27am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

snip

TLK Hot Rod is great news, the original figure doesn't do the design justice.

I think that is because these Listings are for next year and High Octane Bee is due out this year with DOTM Sideswipe.

However, looking at the wave breakdown does give me a little bit of hope. The other 2 deluxes in the wave with Crosshairs and Hot Rod are repacks, and I can't see an entire wave being repacks or re-releases of old molds. So maybe they do Hot Rod right and re-release TLK Crosshairs.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116503)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on September 22nd, 2021 @ 6:07pm CDT
Sludge! Yes! He was always my favourite, behind Grimlock of course.

Odd to think it'll take like two and a half years to get the set of five. This must be how those of you who were collecting RotF Devastator felt...
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116556)
Posted by MaximalNui on September 23rd, 2021 @ 6:06am CDT
An 86 Core class Spike? So we're likely getting an exosuit-wearing human on normal retail with a more elaborate transformation than "fall flat on its face"? Ohh, me like!

-Kanrabat- wrote:If I remember, the Driller in DOTM is supposed to be GIGANTIC. So the only thing I can see is a titan class, non transformable, but loaded with joints and action features. Included with it would be a Core sized Shockwave. Maybe that Shockwave could be a straight repaint of the DotM Cyberverse Commander Shockwave.

That Driller could open the door to the revival of the excellent DotM Cyberverse line, where all the characters were remade in "Legion" and "Core" sizes. Then maybe introducing playsets in scale. I know they tried it at the DotM time with the Ark, but it was subpart. If they get serious about this, we could have some kick-ass display possibilities.

Tey're far more likely to adapt those transforming ships from DOTM as playsets than the Driller, in my opinion. For starters, they actually transform.

Character like the Driller is one of the reasons I usually don't bother with scale, honestly. I prefer to have a representation of the character in my hand than none at all because they couldn't fit the right size.

Munkky wrote:I'm surprised there's only one Dinobot listed, but either way I'm definitely getting Sludge, I just hope it ends up being its own mould and not a retooling of Slag. The Fallen is certainly tempting, but I'll wait to see what it looks like before I commit to buying one.

If I remember correctly, there was always one Dinobot missing in the movie too - though which one it was, as in many cases of 80's merchandise animation consistency, varied with the scene. Most of the time it was Snarl, though, so if they leave one Dinobot out it'll probably be him.

Nemesis Primal wrote:Considering the Laserbeak that comes with DotM Soundwave already exists to fulfill the "properly scaled" aspect of the Studio Series, I'm expecting the Core one to be out of scale to service transforming, considering the in-scale version's inability to transform is technically inaccurate itself.

If that's the case, I hope they make Core class Scalpel with sturdier legs. That's one figure in serious need of an update. I got two back when ROTF premiered (one I bought myself, another a friend gave me on my birthday), and both completely broke those thin balljoint cups.
Re: Preliminary Wave Assortments for 2022 Studio Series Line with the Fallen, AOE Galvatron, Sludge and More (2116581)
Posted by Cheesinator on September 23rd, 2021 @ 10:16am CDT
Always had a real soft-spot for the original deluxe ROTF Sideways; cool robot design, gorgeous (and licensed) alt-mode, cool transformation, and even the mech-alive and automorph gimmicks were neatly integrated without being obtrusive. I always remember being really surprised it stood so well on its own despite the small feet and insect-style legs (which could easily be concealed with careful posing if you didn't like that look).

I'll be really surprised if the SS version is better. Not like accuracy will matter at all, given how we see his robot mode in the film for about 1 second, largely obscured by the lighting and motion blur.

Also really looking forward to seeing that leader class Fallen. The character was unbelievably lame but he had a cool design, and could make a really awesome display piece alongside ROTF Megs and Starscream. The original figures had their charms but we've never had a good sized, accurate Fallen.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron FOC Bruticus!" on EBAY