Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail

Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail

Monday, August 17th, 2020 11:19pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 26,482

We have news that Transformers Studio Series leader class Overload has been found at US and Canadian retail. In the US, G1 Liokaiser found it at a Walmart in Oklahoma. In Canada, the toy was found at Toysrus in Boisbriand, Quebec. The wavemate is Scavenger.

If you have found them, share your sightings with our community in the sightings section and on our boards in your region related thread.

The US listing sighitng was posted on the TFW forum while the Canadian finding was posted on Cybertron.ca.

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail

Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076428)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 17th, 2020 @ 11:29pm CDT
Can confirm, found the only one in the whole city of El Paso, Texas yesterday and nabbed him to complete my Devastator. He’s definitely a big, chonky boi :shock:
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076441)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 18th, 2020 @ 4:45am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I reckon they'll be as close to the animated appearance as budget will allow. Probably focusing on bot mode accuracy.

Do you think Siege Springer and T30 Arcee would be good examples of what we would expect going by what you just defined?

I'd say that's the general idea. Many Siege and ER figures are already "mini MP". But I'd want brand new molds for the SS line. Maybe for Arcee, an improvement of her ER version.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076443)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on August 18th, 2020 @ 4:52am CDT
I don't mind overload coming in last. As mentioned, this guy is the keystone of the combiner, and I want them to get him right!
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076445)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 18th, 2020 @ 4:56am CDT
I misread the news article as G1 Liokaiser found in walmart...to have my hopes raised and dashed due to lack of coffee. Cries. At least people can complete their Devys now.

Hoping Springers a bit more accurate in vehicle mode this time but also half expecting repacks of WFC stuff in studio series boxes :(
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076448)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 18th, 2020 @ 6:09am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I do, of course we'll see for ourselves when they're revealed.

I wonder if they'll continue to do the diorama backdrops in the box for the 86 series.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076449)
Posted by Ravage2031 on August 18th, 2020 @ 6:37am CDT
As tempted as I would be to pick it up if I saw it in the wild i can wait for my Target pre-order when they were selling him at $30
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076450)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 18th, 2020 @ 6:41am CDT
I really need Target or Amazon to get this guy in already. I'm getting impatient now that he is showing up in stores.

I bet SS86 will come with backdrops, it's a staple, but i still wish SS86 didn't exist even as an idea
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076459)
Posted by boyatlarge on August 18th, 2020 @ 8:28am CDT
I found one at my Walmart a couple of days ago but did not pick it up as I have it preordered from Target.com for $29.99 (vs. the $49.99 it was going for at Walmart). Saving $20 is worth the wait for me.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076538)
Posted by MadProject on August 18th, 2020 @ 1:35pm CDT
looks like we got a first glimpse of the Devastator boxset.
I found the pic on Facebook, but I don't know the original source.

Looks like he won't have a different deco/accessories, so it's an easy pass for those who already got him, but surely a nice surprise for those who had issues finding some of the members like Scrapmetal.

EDIT: looks like he has some different deco. Long Haul looks like he has some dust effect painted on the truck bed.
devastator box.jpg
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076539)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 18th, 2020 @ 1:41pm CDT
Neat for those who want the whole shebang in one go, but thankfully not necessary for me to get, considering I just completed my Devastator like two days ago.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076541)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 18th, 2020 @ 1:42pm CDT
He comes with Skipjack instead of Rampage.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076546)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 18th, 2020 @ 1:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:He comes with Skipjack instead of Rampage.

Which hardly matters since Skipjack is coming out in a month here anyway.

disappointed actually. Was hoping for some alternate decos or something.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076555)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 18th, 2020 @ 2:27pm CDT
GUYS AMAZON EMAILED ME, STUDIO SERIES OVERLOAD EXPECTED TO ARRIVE BY MONDAY

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076558)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 18th, 2020 @ 2:33pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:GUYS AMAZON EMAILED ME, STUDIO SERIES OVERLOAD EXPECTED TO ARRIVE BY MONDAY

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hell yeah boiiiiiiiii! :DANCE:
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076566)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 18th, 2020 @ 3:12pm CDT
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, MadProject has shared an interesting image with us all, that of our possible first look at the rumoured boxset containing all eight Transformers Studio Series Constructicons! The box lists the release as SS-69.

While MadProject found the image on Facebook, Instagram user, seton2345 also has been sharing it, with no mention where they got it from in the accompanying Instagram post.

While this image could turn out to be a clever fake, it does show how big a box would be needed for all the constructicons to fit in. One thing to note is that while the picture quality isn't great enough to make any judgement on the decos of the figures, Skipjack is part of the group as per the movie avd there appears to be weathering on Long Haul.

What do you think of this? Do you think this is legitimate or not? Where you expecting different colour schemes? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076569)
Posted by -WonkoTheSane- on August 18th, 2020 @ 3:27pm CDT
(If this turns out to be real) I'm actually kind of glad the decos are more or less the same, And not too noticeably different from the individual releases. It would be a real kick in the head to people who bought the individual releases, Only to have a heavily improved deco'd one appear after the fact in a new box set (which has happened before). Anyway, It'll be nice for anyone wanting to complete Devastator all in one purchase.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076572)
Posted by o.supreme on August 18th, 2020 @ 3:39pm CDT

Sorry, couldn't resist. But the box set does look pretty amazing.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076577)
Posted by MadProject on August 18th, 2020 @ 3:50pm CDT
the only thing is giving me questions, is that the box itself looks more square-ish, while the plastic bubble looks more rectangular.
I wonder if there will be some extra stuff of sort with him.
Like, as incentive for the purchase, a weapon pack for the Studio Series figures, like they did with Centurion Drone.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076578)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 18th, 2020 @ 3:53pm CDT
Devastator boxset is neat, I'm interested to see some better pictures of it since we can see the weathering on Long Haul.

I'm actually quite liking Topspin too, they really nailed the sculpted detail, the transformation has some neat stuff (like the wheel flip in the legs), and I like that it includes all the weapons. The arms are a little long, but I don't have much in terms of complaints other than that. Very excited to get Topspin and paint it up!

My Scavenger was also delivered back home today! It'll be a while before I have it, but it's nice to know that it was delivered.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Overload Found at US and Canadian Retail (2076580)
Posted by M. Spector on August 18th, 2020 @ 4:00pm CDT
I suspect that box is not the final version since the art/image is the old render we first saw it one of the toy fairs ages ago. Also, even if the decos are somewhat different or weathered, won't be upset since it can't be better then my custom paint job on each one so far ;)^

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
"Podcast Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri 02 - Transformers Tarn Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Ramhorn Eject Rewind Sunder" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Lancer" on EBAY
Buy "Heroes of Cybertron ESPIONAGE TEAM Bumblebee + Spike Transformers Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: War For Cybetron Earthrise Rung MISB NEW" on EBAY