Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online

Tuesday, November 7th, 2017 11:28AM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: D-Maximus_Prime   Views: 20,151

Thanks to a post from Seibertronian o. supreme and a Facebook update from Machinima, we have the new Titans Return trailer now online and available for your viewing pleasure!

The trailer is just under 2 minutes long, and shows some interesting concepts that are set to be explored in the upcoming series. The trailer includes Perceptor examining Starscream's remains, Trypticon activating, some Metroplex and Trypticon brawling action, Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime speaking, some Constructicons rebuilding following Combiner Wars, seeker cannon fodder, and the biggest reveal of all: Starscream apparently lives, and he is controlling Trypticon! Also of note is the long transformation sequence that leads to the series name, and the very city-like appearance of the series name during said sequence.

The series is set to debut November 14, one week from today, and will star Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton, Michael Dorn, Jason David Frank, Nolan North, Matpat, DashieGames, Abby Trott, Lana McKissack, Rob Dyke, Tay Zonday, Jason Marnocha, and Kari Wahlgreen. Check out the trailer below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Credit(s): Machinima

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920398)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 7th, 2017 @ 11:47am CST
my fear is that Trypticon'll just be stomping around in his dinosaurer mode and we'll never get to see his Nemesis ship & city modes, same with Plex(we'll never see his other modes)

btw Starscream's probably connected in behind Trypticon's head! just like Full Tilts TM can
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920401)
Posted by ScottyP on November 7th, 2017 @ 12:09pm CST
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920402)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 7th, 2017 @ 12:10pm CST
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920411)
Posted by kurthy on November 7th, 2017 @ 1:00pm CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:So how did Will Wheaton end up getting second billing in the credits? I would have expected him to be one of the last standard billings. Sure it's a little nick picky, but you know, he's best known for playing a character on a show that the majority of the Fan Base seemed to hate.

Huh? I'm missing something. Was he in Armada or Energon or Combiner Wars?
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920413)
Posted by GrandGalvatronG1 on November 7th, 2017 @ 1:20pm CST
He's talking about Weasley Crusher from Star Trek next Generation
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920423)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 7th, 2017 @ 1:44pm CST
GrandGalvatronG1 wrote:He's talking about Weasley Crusher from Star Trek next Generation
Did he go to Hogwarts before Starfleet Academy? ;)
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920425)
Posted by Whifflefire on November 7th, 2017 @ 1:46pm CST
Starscream is Trypticon? I can't be the only one who finds that hilarious. :lol:

As much as I want to be optimistic about this series, I still taste Combiner Wars when I watch this. But hey, Perceptor! Everything is better with Perceptor.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920429)
Posted by Burn on November 7th, 2017 @ 2:01pm CST
ScottyP wrote:

Pretty much this ...

This is what I got from the trailer.
Optimus Prime likes to fuck shit up and then fuck off and leave it up to someone else to deal with.
Optimus Prime is standing around and getting preachy again. We get it, you're an inspiration, do something though instead of inspiring others with your words.
Murderblade is going to take centre stage again.

What I expect we'll get.
Over half the episodes will involve two Titans fighting. If I wanted to watch something that has a fight scene last for multiple episodes with little to no progression on story line, I'd still be watching DBZ.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920431)
Posted by GrandGalvatronG1 on November 7th, 2017 @ 2:26pm CST
Burn wrote:
What I expect we'll get.

You should check out Dragon Ball Z kai dude, it has cut down all the filler in the fights,

and I will be honest I am just here for this series for Godzilla...I mean trypticon,

also WHAT IN THE FLYING FORKLIFT, Starscream lives? What does it take to kill him?
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920434)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 7th, 2017 @ 2:36pm CST
GrandGalvatronG1 wrote:
Burn wrote:
What I expect we'll get.

Well you know, he's got that Mutant Spark, that just doesn't die. :D
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920436)
Posted by JazZeke on November 7th, 2017 @ 2:48pm CST

I think people have pretty much divorced Wheaton from Wesley Crusher in their minds by this point. It probably helps that Wheaton himself openly admits Wesley sucked. These days he's known for... well, still having been Wesley, but also a prominent figure in fandom community.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920437)
Posted by Graviton on November 7th, 2017 @ 3:08pm CST
Bummer, the mouth movements are still not even closely synced with the words.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920438)
Posted by Nexus Knight on November 7th, 2017 @ 3:17pm CST
So Combiner Wars was the absolute worse. And the animation is still garbage. And I want the EpicVoiceGuy to come back. And having Starscream be the villain again sucks.

But dang if this trailer doesn't hype me for Titans Return. By all indications, this show will blow up in its own face. But this trailer somehow makes feel a little epic. Plus, even though I loved Jon as OP, if were to replace him, Cullen is never a bad choice.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920441)
Posted by Burn on November 7th, 2017 @ 3:30pm CST
JazZeke wrote:

And being Sheldon Coopers frenemy.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920448)
Posted by Qwan on November 7th, 2017 @ 4:07pm CST
Optimus Prime immediately wrote:Starscream is dead now.
And it super cracked me up. I'm not even totally sure why it was so funny to me, something about the delivery I think, but it was hilarious. :lol:

And though he only had two short lines, Wheaton is actually sounding pretty good as Perceptor IMO! He's not just Wil Wheaton, he's at least Wil Wheaton playing Perceptor which is all I could really ask for. To echo many others so far, even though I'm not actually optimistic for the series, this trailer did make me feel just a bit of something positive. If only Machinima could prove that they're able to make a show as well as they can make a trailer.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920453)
Posted by SillyMcGilly on November 7th, 2017 @ 4:28pm CST
Huh... This trailer actually looks... promising...

I mean Starscream as Trypticon is kinda stupid, but kinda hilariously awesome in another way, lol

Hope I get used to that frame rate though. ugh.

Qwan wrote:
Optimus Prime immediately wrote:Starscream is dead now.

Ikr!!! :lol:
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920459)
Posted by o.supreme on November 7th, 2017 @ 4:53pm CST
It was pretty funny, but I'm not sure if in a good way or bad way.

I know I referenced it earlier, but for anyone who has never seen the original series episode Ghost in the Machine, start at 1:10
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920460)
Posted by Burn on November 7th, 2017 @ 4:54pm CST
SillyMcGilly wrote:I mean Starscream as Trypticon is kinda stupid,

Because a dead Starscream controlling Trypticon has never been done before ...
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920462)
Posted by partholon on November 7th, 2017 @ 4:57pm CST
good god that frame rate is still off putting .

BUT.

I love the colours and backround designs in this and "starscream as trypticon" at least is an interesting twist which we all KNOW is gonna require screamer vacating the premises at some point.

at the very least while i fully expect mindless violence weve got a guy in control that can actually form a plan so it should be a case where trypsie isnt just a mindless smashing machine and there'll be an point to what hes doing.

i'll be honest i'd much prefer a full adult oriented show but itll do till then. i mean at least theyre TRYING to do something with a bit of heft to it.

:D
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Series Trailer Now Online (1920468)
Posted by Qwan on November 7th, 2017 @ 5:38pm CST
Burn wrote:
SillyMcGilly wrote:I mean Starscream as Trypticon is kinda stupid,

Because a dead Starscream controlling Trypticon has never been done before ...

And it was as stupid then as it is now :-P

partholon wrote:good god that frame rate is still off putting .

BUT.

:D

I agree with much of your assessment, aside from the point about Screamy McScreamFace being able to form a plan. Usually, yes! But in this 'continuity' if you want to call it that, his only previous "grand plan" boiled down to "Hope that Rodimus gets his arm blown off so he can't take the Enigma and that the Mistress of Flame is vegan so she can't touch it either, take the Enigma, combine with all the other combiners including the dead ones and the ones who didn't show up until two minutes ago, and turn into a giant nebula that shoots frickin' laser beams". Good at playing things by ear absolutely, but I don't think we can really say that he's able to form a (good) plan.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS Combiner Wars Unite Warriors Stunticions MENASOR MISB USA with COIN - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 5 minutes 5 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS  "OPTIMUS PRIME"  VOYAGER CLASS FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 12 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Armada Laserbeak SUPER-CONS 100% Complete FIGURE - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 13 minutes 6 seconds
Tokusatsu Revoltech No.040 Transformers Optimus Prime Jet Wing ver. Figure NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 18 minutes 13 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PRIME ROBOTS IN DISGUISE AUTOBOT RATCHET FIGURE RID NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 23 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Master Piece Optimus Prime Convoy 20th Anniversary First Release - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 28 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Armada SCAVENGER Misb Hasbro Mega Figure - Time Remaining: 21 days 9 hours 28 minutes 11 seconds
New Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Porsche - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 34 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent