Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC

Transformers News: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC

Monday, July 16th, 2018 8:26AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,791

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian TFanpage101, we have some more toy images from the upcoming Transformers Bumblebee Movie toyline (out in cinemas this December from Paramount), courtesy of GeekDad and broken down by class and price point, with some nifty descriptions of each category!

We had seen the names of a lot of these, but the full line-up for the Energon Igniters toys can be seen in full below, and features the likes of Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Barricade, Hot Rod, Megatron and Dropkick (though not all mat appear in the movie itself, as many reutilise designs from previous movie lines), with their class gimmick of Speed, Power, Power Plus, and Nitro, and more - check it all out below! We'll be seeing more of these at San Diego Comic Con 2018 later this week, so stay tuned.

Energon Igniters Speed – $5.99

Transformers News: Transformers Bumblebee Energon Igniters Toys Revealed

The smallest of the Energon Igniters, the 3-inch Speed series transforms between modes in 7 steps or less. Unlike previous small movie figures, this series has a lot of detailing and articulation. The bots don’t end up looking like carved blocks of plastic. They could use a few more paint apps, but that’s to be expected at this price point. They even interact with cores sold with the larger figures (though “interact” in this case seems to mean “tow behind”).

What I find more interesting is who’s in this wave. Not only is there Hot Rod and Barricade in ’80s muscle car form, but Optimus Prime in his red G1 Peterbilt truck form (just with movie Optimus’ head! Maybe Bumblebee will explain the origin of his “rip off everyone’s face” fetish). Two versions of Bumblebee round out the wave, his traditional movie-verse Camaro and G1 VW Bug.

Energon Igniters Power – $9.99

Transformers News: Transformers Bumblebee Energon Igniters Toys Revealed

The 5-inch Power series is a little more complex (4-9 steps) and a little more spoilery, because it’s the first hint we’ve gotten that Megatron might be a part of the Transformers: Bumblebee movie. Sporting a similar form to previous versions, his alt mode is a 4-track Cybertronian tank (with the usual very conspicuous face…funny how a lazy toy design decision from the first movie has now become cannon). The Power series also has the only Dropkick Energon Igniters toy. You can use the cores sold with the Power Plus and Nitro toys to unlock special features. Camaro ‘Bee and Hot Rod round out this series.

Energon Igniters Power Plus – $12.99

Transformers News: Transformers Bumblebee Energon Igniters Toys Revealed

The Power Plus series are similar to the Power series, except these come with the core that unlocks extra features. The Bumblebee figures in this series are nearly the same as the Power series versions (Camaro ‘Bee’s Power Plus figure has his unmasked head), so if you’re going to get them, and you want the cores, go with these versions. If you want Optimus Prime at this size, though, you’ll have to go with this version.

Energon Igniters Nitro – $19.99

Transformers News: Transformers Bumblebee Energon Igniters Toys Revealed

Main event time! Nitro figures are more like your traditional Generations/Power of the Primes deluxe bots. Standing at 7-inches, they feature increased detail, additional paint applications and all come with a core to unlock additional features. In addition to Barricade, Optimus Prime, and VW Bumblebee (this one’s my favorite of the entire line), the Nitro series will also have a Camaro ‘Bee.

Transformers News: Transformers Bumblebee Energon Igniters Toys Revealed
Credit(s): GeekDad

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971496)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 16th, 2018 @ 8:53am CDT
I like the Speed figures since they're Legends type of pocket sized versions of figures so may get some of those but mainly waiting for Studio and hoping Barricade looks a lot better than these toys in his film design (cos I'm hating those G1-style obvious car chunk legs in particular). Amusing that Hot Rod is Barricade minus the police parts. :P
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971503)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 16th, 2018 @ 9:12am CDT
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971504)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 16th, 2018 @ 9:14am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Whoa - some of these look really good! I like the speed class guys and that nitro class Bumblebee actually looks pretty solid! I’ll probably be picking a few of these up.

If the Studio figure turns out to be crap then I may get the Nitro one instead but I'm hoping the Studio one will be high quality. :)
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971506)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on July 16th, 2018 @ 9:19am CDT
...

Look at all that shelfwarming...

Maybe ALL of these will be out early enough that parents-that-don't-know-better will just buy it all up for Christmas and get it out of the way.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971507)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 16th, 2018 @ 9:22am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking! But considering how good the gimmicky figures look, I think SS VW Bee will turn out well.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971508)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 16th, 2018 @ 9:27am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Yep I like all my Studio figures so I have faith VW Bee will be fine but it's nice to know there's a decent second choice option if needed. :P
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971515)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 16th, 2018 @ 10:14am CDT
Wow! These look way more fun than the other simple toys from The Last Knight! I think those " legends" class figures are pretty cool. Hot Rod turning into an actual hot rod is pretty neat, even if him and Barricade are just retools of the first movie's legends Barricade. I would definitely pick up that legends class Bumblebee if I see him, he looks great! But what excites me the most is that the Evasion Mode Optimus prime design returns!Fingers crossed he shows up in the movie like this :DANCE:
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971525)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 16th, 2018 @ 10:54am CDT
Interesting, I like the little guys but then I always love the little guys from all the lines :lol: though I think the person who originally wrote this piece is going to be very disappointed when megs doesn't turn up like that ;-)
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971535)
Posted by Deadput on July 16th, 2018 @ 11:42am CDT

If either one are in the film (Not saying they will be but Barricade's voice actor did say he would be playing the character, and Hot Rod is like the only other Autobot besides Prime that I think would even show up in the movie even if it's just for a minute) the toys here could give a good indication on what they would look like.

I'm mostly thinking about the nitro Barricade figure there, his design seems...different from his 2007 counterpart looking like a hybrid between that form and the TLK look in silhouette, also the car mode remains consistent between the figures and the nitro figure has a different deco from Barricade's normal colors which are traditionally more black then white.

To end on a Hot note, Hot Rod really reminds me of Big Daddy right now.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971537)
Posted by william-james88 on July 16th, 2018 @ 11:45am CDT

I am thinking it will be the same as the big gimmicky Prime Bees we got 4 years ago
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971541)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 16th, 2018 @ 12:01pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Any car nuts here that can link the closest equivalent to what Barricade and Hot Rod transform into?

I don't think any of them are licensed since I don't spot any logos on the toys. Nevertheless, I found a match for Barricade, though it's a bit off the beaten path: the Plymouth Sapporo aka Mitsubishi Galant Lambda, a variant of the Dodge Challenger:

Mitsubishi Galant Lambda on Wikipedia.

Good grief, the world of car models is confusing. Worse is, my dad's a nut and I'm following in his footsteps slowly 8-}
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971544)
Posted by william-james88 on July 16th, 2018 @ 12:11pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Mitsubishi Galant Lambda on Wikipedia.

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971545)
Posted by Deadput on July 16th, 2018 @ 12:15pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Mitsubishi Galant Lambda on Wikipedia.

Thanks!

Other Barricade Ford toys in the past weren't exactly completely licensed accurately either so I'm not completely surprised that it's not accurate to the real thing.

Also I can totally understand the car thing.

Edit:

william-james88 wrote:I think its much closer to the 1974 Dodge Monaco. Its means to be those boxy 70s sedans and the fact that they made it in a police deco cements it for me (there is Blues brothers homage going on here)

That too is also close, thanks for your answers guys I'm not well versed with ancient pre 2000's technology lol.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971550)
Posted by Deadput on July 16th, 2018 @ 12:26pm CDT
(This is just a theory/idea not claiming this is true)

I know some people will probably assume that Hot Rod's figures being a retool from Barricade and Dropkick respectively means he isn't in the movie but what if that's because in the movie his cgi model is also a retool?

Think about it Hot Rod and Bee were together on Earth for awhile (For at least World War 2) until "something" happened that split them up, well I'm going to guess that if Hot Rod is in the movie he's only at the beginning of the movie (So a few minutes only) and since Lambo's weren't really like the Centenario back then he would need a new cgi model to fit in the times, but he wouldn't be in the movie for long so why bother giving him his own model?

Their already reusing pieces of Transformers for other characters in this movie for example Shatter and Dropkick's crotches are reuses of Lockdown's (So was Hot Rod's actually)

I have an idea for how they do get split up based off the trailer, information and rumors we have heard about the movie but I won't go into detail here.

Edit: The deco for Hot Rod and general shape in vehicle mode does sort of resemble the black and yellow 1967 Camaro Bee used at the start of AOE except replacing the yellow with orange and having a few additional hood decorations.

Edit: 2 Yeah after doing a quick photoshop, I think a Hot Rod using parts from the AOE Bee wouldn't be a stretch, the two already share a lot of similar design elements.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971559)
Posted by -Crossfire- on July 16th, 2018 @ 2:10pm CDT
Hot Rod's up in here? Very interesting.
Barricade looks sweet as an old school muscle car (not that he looked bad as a new one, mind).
The return/origin of Evasion Prime? Wonder if he'll have that look in the move proper.
Hoping we'll get some actual Generations figures of these designs.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971571)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 16th, 2018 @ 2:50pm CDT
Nitro barricade might be a good body for a head swap to give RID2015 Strongarm a cop buddy.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971574)
Posted by william-james88 on July 16th, 2018 @ 3:02pm CDT
Guys, we had a ROTF Megatron and G1 Prowl in the AOE toyline, and we had AOE Strafe in the TLK toyline along with, so a characters being in a toyline is not really indication that they will be in the film. Especially in this movie which only has 5 bots.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971580)
Posted by Emerje on July 16th, 2018 @ 3:13pm CDT

Looks exactly the same as any previous Legion and equivalent we've gotten in the past.

william-james88 wrote:This confirms that the Bee toy we previously saw is not a deluxe but a bigger class (Ultra or whatever)

Was this something people considered? I mean, intricate sound and light features aren't something they'd stick in a Deluxe figure, certainly not one with 25 sounds and phrases. Knowing what the Allspark Tech figures looked like with fewer features I'm surprised this would even be questioned.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971586)
Posted by BombshellDaBug on July 16th, 2018 @ 3:21pm CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

My thoughts exactly. Especially since Barricade and Hot Rod are literally just retools of the 2007 Legion Barricade.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Toys Revealed #HasbroSDCC (1971588)
Posted by william-james88 on July 16th, 2018 @ 3:26pm CDT
BombshellDaBug wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Some do have elbows though, so thats more articulation than before.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Class Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS LEADER CLASS SKYWARP AS SHOWN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise 1-Step Changers Bisk" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS CLASSICS DELUXE CLASS WHEELJACK MOC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VICTORION 6 FIGURE COMBINER WARS BOXED SET NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "SKYWARP Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class~" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Power Surge Optimus Prime and Aerobolt B7066" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Bruticus Combiner - 2012 SDCC" on EBAY